Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3EspZtA7C3o?t=1m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

day and night

You are gay. Prove me wrong

I see curvature

These are dubs. Prove me wrong.

dun goofed

You like to tounge nigger anus. Prove me wrong.

Prove to me why I should care what shape it is.

No. Because any proof that I offer you will just claim is fake. It is a waste of time.

(((proof)))

here you go

In the words of Carl Sagan, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".
To suggest that 2,000 years of scientific measurement, observation and study are wrong, and that the fundamental building blocks of astronomy, geology, geography, cartography, and innumerable scientific advances are all wrong is an extraordinary claim.

and yet you cannot provide a single piece of evidence to the contrary.

that too is proof enough that you are wrong.

Ayyy Carl Sagan is the shit

Nice cgi bud

youtu.be/3EspZtA7C3o?t=1m43s

here it is, your (You)

The moon flips depending on if you view from the southern hemisphere compared to the northern hemisphere this literally could only be the case if we live on a sphere.

Eclipse???

Proof the earth is flat by showing everyone of B the other side.

solid deflection

a photograph taken in 1969 is "CGI"?

that's an extraordinary claim.

(OP)
Top Kek

We are here! We are here! We are HERE! WE ARE HEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!

Stop looking at your boyfriend's dick and prove OP wrong

"computer generated imagery" before proper computers where even made

The horizon always appears perfectly flat 360 degrees around the observer regardless of altitude.

this.

Is this true? Do ppl in South America see the moon upside compared to North America? I guess it would make sense if we lived on a round planet. Why don't other ppl use this argument?

>believes we landed on the moon

Yeah because how big the planet is... This doesn't prove the earth is flat. You do realize your argument is shit and you should kill yourself? Love user

fuck off reddit

We can bounce lasers off deflectors that the astronauts left there.
You can see the landing sites clearly on hi res photos.
So yes, we landed on the moon.

Agreed! It's how we tell the moon is drifting further away from us.

thats the distance between the earth and the moon to scale , its too far away for you to see it "upside down" no matter if you are standing on the north or south pole

>believes they managed to make modern looking cgi back in 1969

Is this advanced bait?

cgi just like all the other "planet pics" that nasa crams down people's throat and try to pass it off as real.

Obvious shop is obvious

these are dubs faggot

bs we did not. faggot

The problem with globe deniers and conspiracy theorists in general is they are so bumptious in their approach its almost aggressive. Questions must be asked of motives behind anyone so quick to deny hundreds if not thousands of years of research for a basement fag youtube clip.

not bs you can even do it yourself if you have a powerfull enough laser just point it at the moon and youll see a teeny tiny beam coming back from the moon

so the planets i see with my very own telescope are cgi ?
interesting !

yea right im not doing that shit. what if i accidently shinethe laster at a police helicopter or plane and i get jailed for years.

>regardless of altitude.

if you could magically shrink the earth to a ball 1 metre in diameter, then the top of mount Everest would be a bump just 0.1mm higher than the sea level surface. that's less than a sheet of stiff paper's thickness.

A Boeing 767 cruises at 39,000 feet, 12,000m.
That, on the same 1m ball,that is about 0.15mm. Roughly as thick as a cheap business card.

The highest altitude military jet, the SR71, flew at 85,000 feet - 25,000m. At that altitude, the sky is a deep blue-black.
On that 1m ball. the SR71 flies just 0.5mm above the surface, about as thick as a plastic credit card.

The ISS station orbits the earth at 400KM above the earth.
on that scale version, that space station, high above the earth's atmosphere, is less than half an inch above the surface.

Do you now realise how idiotic it is, to say "at any altitude" it still looks flat, given how large the earth is?

(that said, from the ISS, it is clearly a sphere, and from the SR71, the curvature can be seen with a bit of observation)

No they are just plasma we live in a electric universe.

So if your in North America looking at the moon and someone in Australia was looking at the moon it would look the same? How does that work?

/thread

One question I have always had for flat earthers is do they believe the sun/moon are flat as well or globes?

Good question

>not bs you can even do it yourself if you have a powerfull enough laser just point it at the moon and youll see a teeny tiny beam coming back from the moon

Sadly, not true.

the retro-reflectors on the moon (there are several - two on the russian Luna probes that landed there before Apollo, plus 3 Apollo reflectors, from Apollo 11, 15 and 17.)
the largest of these, the apollo 15 and 17 reflectors send back approximately 0.1% of the light sent out. and that is light fired from a ultra-precise, stabilised laser emitter on a mechanical platform on astronomical observatories, usually at high altitude so there's less atmosphere to scatter light.

0.1% of any visible spectrum handheld laser commercially available over the counter is roughly equivalent to you being able to spot the glowing light of the end of a lit cigarette from about 5 miles away, on the other side of a valley.

you would need superhuman eyesight, and a robot-like precision to be able to hold any laser emitter steady enough to have it aimed exactly onto the moon, 385,000 km away, and not be shaking the beam all over a million square kilometres of sky.

You can see the curvature from a regular passenger jet. Inb4 some moron starts spazzing out that you can only see curvature from a higher altitude, you faggots clearly have never flown in clear weather.

I asked an Instagram account called flatearth.truth - he told me I was a sinner in the eyes of god and blocked me. wondered ever since.

>What is lake pontchartrain

Faggot.

well god is dead and we killed him so... No need to worry about them

it cant be some laser you got at walmart it has to be stupidly powerful because not many photons make the journey back from the moon

wtf ?

You are right. It is flat. Keep on believing.

>powerful
i never said a handheld laser could cut it

This is assuming that you are correct in telling us there is a space station.

Not the guy you are replying to, but I think this whole argument can be boiled down to

Nobody can prove their opinion to anyone else without personally going to space, and taking whoever they are trying to prove things to with them.

There are math equations on both sides that are believable enough

There is a lot of conspiracy theories to do with any kind of space travel history

I personally don't know what to think anymore, I wouldn't go telling people IRL I have doubts about whether the earth is round or not.

But I have doubts about whether the earth is round or not. It's about on the same level as my doubts about whether my entire existence is a simulation, the brain in the jar theory man

Helter Skelter, Trip the fuck out

>i never said a handheld laser could cut it

you fucking maniac. it doesn't matter how powerful it is, you're not going to cut the moon in half!

lrn 2 math bitch nigga

>This is assuming that you are correct in telling us there is a space station.

See
>"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

It is, again, an extraordinary claim to say that a satellite which can be seen with any off-the-shelf, basic, normal telescope you can buy in a camera shop for $100, which has been manned by about 250 men and women from 18 different nations, "does not exist".

do you want to see the ISS?

5 seconds in Google will find you half a dozen websites which will tell you when its visible at night over your location in the world (unless you live in the arctic or antarctica, when it might be unlikely). some of those sites will give you star maps, with the path at exact times, so you know exactly what to look for.

you can, without much effort, see the bright star spot of the ISS, moving across the sky, with unaided eye, assuming you're not half-blind. I've done that myself.

the very idea that it does not exist is utterly laughable.

You seem really committed to the idea it exists

I'm not saying it doesn't exist

I'm saying that you can't prove it exists

I read what you said, it is far fetched for anything other than what you are saying

But even you know what you are saying is 100% solid, can't be refuted clear as day, cold hard fact

There must be some scenario you can see, that the wool may have been

not definitely, just possibly pulled over your eyes?

> but even you know what your saying isn't

IT DOES EXIST, YOU CAN SEE IT YOURSELF
WITH YOUR EYES

can you see air?

have you been to every country on the planet, how do you know the ones you haven't been to don't really exist

can you see gravity?

ever seen a magic trick

> it's not really magic user

You might as well tell me that my own fucking cat doesn't exist. It's right there, I can see it, it interacts with the world, everyone else can see it, it clearly fucking exists.

/Thread

>There must be some scenario you can see, that the wool may have been

>not definitely, just possibly pulled over your eyes?

the sheer scale, the magnitude of conspiracy that would be needed would have to be, quite literally astronomical.

aside from the 250-odd astronauts - including half a dozen civilian tourists now, there are literally tens of thousands of people in a dozen different nations who have worked on construction, command and control, administration and logistical planning for the ISS over the last 20 years.

for it to be "fake" would be absolutely impossible. conspiracies do not have 100% silence. in fact, there have been scientific studies of the number of people in on a secret for it to end up leaking - and more than about a dozen, security starts to fail.

it would be utterly impossible for the ISS (or the apollo landings, or 9/11, or any of the other events conspiracy theorists babble on about) to be what the conspiracies imagine.

its as simple as that.

there are things in this world that I am sceptical of. Politicians making promises, or claiming figures for schemes or economies etc, for example.
But that a scientific body of people in a dozen nations colluded to make a fake space station which has been populated by hundreds, and has been the lives of countless people on the ground is simply absurd.

the idea is laughable. and it displays a complete scientific illiteracy on the part of those people who entertain the notion.

You can't prove it exists user

telling me it exists means nothing, showing it to me means nothing, nothing anyone can do can prove anything

>scientific studies of the number of people in on a secret for it to end up leaking

what if it was all a trick to make you believe all conspiracy theories are impossible

>its as simple as that

it's even more simple than that,everything you know is based on information other people have told you, or led you to believe, you don't actually know anything

>simply absurd

totally agree, it is nuttier than squirrel shit, but you are really getting side tracked here

I'm not saying it happened, I'm saying it isn't impossible

>the idea is laughable

i know it's hilarious i love it

>scientific illiteracy on the part of those people who entertain the notion

pic very related

>telling me it exists means nothing, showing it to me means nothing, nothing anyone can do can prove anything

>what if it was all a trick to make you believe all conspiracy theories are impossible

>it's even more simple than that,everything you know is based on information other people have told you, or led you to believe, you don't actually know anything

Well, in that case, I expect I would struggle with basic social interaction, suffer from trust issues, would fail to be able to distinguish reality from conspiracy, and would have a miserable failure of a life as some sort of misfit, while my doctor expressed concern about my apparent schizophrenic tendencies. Since that's pretty much the textbook behaviour of schizophrenia, the inability to comprehend what reality is.

Having the sort of "what if" ideas you suggest is a mental disorder. There's no other way to say it. no sugar-coating. if you're having those sort of thoughts, you're probably a fruitcake...