>2016
>still no capeshit film that has surpassed what Raimi did with Spiderman & Spiderman 2

Why is he so based?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=06mf-XRjCDM
youtube.com/watch?v=lcTyBEFBHaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what went wrong?

The fights scenes in those films were pretty brutal, had blood, and felt real. These days its just cgi video game nonsense

We can all agree that the current wave of capeshit relies heavily on what Raimi did, right?

spiderman 2 is shit, literally every marvel movie incl thor and iron man 2 are better than that defoe, milina, maguire agedcringefest

Out of your mind Gobi

The villains are mediocre on those.

Most capeshit directors are scared to push the Envelope like Raimi did.

youtube.com/watch?v=06mf-XRjCDM

DUDE YOU HAVE TO PUT VENOM IN LMAO

1 > 3 > 2

what a shit taste you've got there, Spiderman 2 is GOAT

Nigga what?

>Edited
?

This

It's only edited down to include that one scene.

ok grandpa

To a degree.
Raimi's Spider-Man series had a self-awareness that other capeshit don't have, which is what made it more entertaining.

holy shit
raimi is truly the most daring director of our time

I never got what people saw in the raimi movies personally, I hated the fact that every villain is just a dindu who is just evil because he is crazy or because of circumstance, so they never have meaningful goals. The romance with MJ was sappy and I disliked McGuire as Peter. Though I guess they are well made movies and resonated with a lot of people, I just don't see it.

Go suck a circumcised dick ya kabbalah-reading motherfucker, 2 was the GOAT spiderman. I swear to Jesus H. Christ, this board needs a 9/11.

Deadpool was fine, though it's not your typical capeshit movie.

>being a raimifag
lel
literally plebbest of plebs
raimi was beaten before even he got to make spiderman.
fuck you

>lets do revenge stories
>harry wants to kill peter over Norman
>peter wants to kill Sandman over Ben
>Eddie wants to kill peter over all kinds of shit

Parts of it were good, but all this misunderstanding bullshit revenge, retconning Bens death, it just wasn't fun.

It was legitimately awful by any standard

the only good thing about raimi's spiderman movies was alfred molina.

I think this is the real kicker. Capeshits needs to be hammier.

not even that

Off yourself. Spider-Man is the best spiderman movie a fan could ever get. Spider-Man 2 is a boring MJ movie

Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are better

I agree and that doesn't mean quips all the time either.

I watched spiderman 3 again recently, it's no way as bad as I remembered. It's actually pretty great except for the obviously forced stuff like venom and the fate of Harry.

Still way better than any of those soulless marvel movies that come out today, if anything.

this,Tim burton and Raimi are one of the only capekinos which understands the spirit of comic books and aren't self-serious.

fuck off to reddit

because Spiderman 1 and 2 were made by a filmmaker, not by commitees & focus groups

2 is truly the worst of the bunch.

2 > 1 > 3 > TSA2 > Civil War Spidey > TSA > shit >>>> Homecoming

Can we all agree that all capeshit is for escapist man children?

I can agree with this.

"I'd like a hotdog, please, no wiener. I'm not some cock swallowing faggot."
Jesus fucking Christ.

But seriously though, there's no dog in that bun. He just bites through bread.

jeez Raimi was out of his mind

RENT?

Studio meddling.

Look at that suit. Fucking hot. Why did the CW look so shitty?

literally toy green goblin,kys raimifags.

Thank you Raimiposters, you make the worst days worth it

How did Raimi get away with this?

It was a different era.

They don't hire real directors anymore. Raimi, Singer & Nolan each got to make two good movies, and that was the pinnacle of capeshit

X-Men Apocalypse is the best X-Men film.

This was basically a student movie.

Spider-Man 2 does NOT fucking hold up. Like, at all.

they were GOAT because they did their own thing over
>MUH TIED UNIVERSE OVER 12 YEARS
also they didnt ram every single "pop culture" they could and actually gave the movie a soul which all marvel movies lack now

But it does.

Wrong.

But it don't

wait what is this post the scene

I just want to know how his suit looks way better than both of the recent spidermans

>But it do not

This post really activates my neurons.

It's from The Evil Dead (1981), which Raimi also made.
youtube.com/watch?v=lcTyBEFBHaA

Spider-Man 1 and 2 had levity and understood a superhero movie is supposed to be fucking heroic. Not just edge or quips.

If you go back and watch 1 and 2 now they are like super heartwarming and inspiring.

That's because real directors don't want to be stuck directing children's movies.

It happened a decade ago and it was called Batman Begins.

No. No, it really, REALLY doesn't.

>weakaf performances all around (besides Molina, who only had so much to work with anyway)
>weakaf character motivations all around (besides Harry, who's ruined by an overly whiny Franco)
>weakAF action set pieces. Your beloved train sequence is LAUGHABLE
>generally convoluted plot based on a nonsense attempt by DocOc after his accident, plus butthurt pathetic Peter and a smelly Mary Jane

This movie was fun at the time, but the bar has been raised so, so much higher now that it is one big cinematic facepalm. Amazing Spider-Man (the first one) makes this movie look like an 80s Corman flick. Ugh. Move on already.

So what is your opinion a great superhero movie?

GOAT CAPEKINO RANKINGS

1. Unbreakable
2. Spider man 2
3. Batman returns
4. Blankman

Everything else is trash

capeshit had never really been done well when raimi did it so wheres our frame of reference.

he had a virtually untapped market.

before then it had all been hokey show tunes and cosplay.

In no particular order off the top of my head...

-Unbreakable
-Hellboy 1/2
-Blade 1/2
-Iron Man
-Batman Begins
-The Dark Knight
-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
-The Incredibles
-Superman: The Movie + Superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut

Just to name a few...

it's weird that extreme gore and violence was never a problem for horror movies, but somehow the 00's introduced an extreme political incorrectness associated with *sexual* gore and violence. even nonviolent sexiness is more taboo than violence

begins was shit

if The Punisher (with Tom Jane) counts as cape kino then it's a good one

I generally try to avoid being this way, but you asked for it: You're a fucking DUMBASS.

suck my cock dude

No memes here, but as far as Punisher on film, War Zone is far and away the best (and closest to any of the comics) that we have.

Impossible, because only a eunuch could have such a stupid, baseless opinion.

>Reddit's essential comic book movie list

what a nonsensical idiotic insult, suck his dick

I still liked it.

>literally never been to reddit.

However, quality is quality. Just cause you want to be contrarian towards a fucking WEBSITE doesn't diminish any of these films.

Okay, maybe. As long as I don't have to look him in the face.

>The Incredibles

come on

come on bruh how can you beat

>I'm fine.

>He's not.

I feel like this is an American problem.

yes but America produce nearly all big production films so it's a cinema problem as well. and no, I don't watch french black and white indie shit

Yikes!

True pleb confirmed. The Incredibles might well be THE greatest superhero movie ever. And if not, it's in the top 3-5. If you missed that, you are truly irredeemable.

Literally nothing.

>Yikes!

dude u are reddit incarnate

Maybe. But again, I have honestly never been there. But I've been here since 2005.

basically it was made just at the right time in le'film history. Just in the sweet spot between practical effects and total CGI takover. (And a little bit after the overuse of CGI after its "discovery" in the 90s. )

Also those damn grayish/blue/teal filters hadn't taken over yet either. Spidey 1+2 actually feels "real", like what it would actually look like in the real world if some dude with superpowers threw on a costume. Sure it's not realistic (otto would've been shot in five seconds), but at least it does not look like so polished and choreography'ddd as the new ones.

but u were only 5 years old. impossible

ppppppfffffffffffffaaaaahahahahahagahahahahahaha

Okay, buddy.

He's right though

he's referencing an old Sup Forums image

shut up bitchboy

I think women would get moist watching that.

Avi Arad.

>referencing
reddit is here

Stop your samefagging, samefag.

more like watching this.

Angsty Spiderman was a perfect expression if what an adolescent would have gone through with similar relationship troubles.

Still a great movie

>be Raimi
>make the two greatest capefilms of all time
>studio gets greedy
>decides they know how to make movies better than you
>force you to put in Venom because kids like him
>You think Venom is tryhard edgy dogshit and want to stick to classic villains like Sandman and Harry Osborn's Goblin - that's already plenty of story
>They literally force you to put Venom in
>Everyone complains the movie is crowded and sucks but it still makes a fuckload of money
>You want to come back to make Spider-man 4 and make an ending to the series that is actually good
>Sony walks away
>Shits the bed and hires the director of 500 Days of Summer to reboot
>Shits the bed even harder with the sequel
>Come crawling back to Marvel and give them the rights
>Now Sony is stuck remaking Ghostbusters

They deserve everything that's happening to them. Raimi is objectively based and SM 1 and 2 are the greatest cape movies of all time.

Sony deserves everything that's happening.