you're the one watching it.

THE GOAT

No, a 25 point comeback won the game

>up by 3 scores
>still lose
>blame a coin
Stay mad falcucks

A 25 point comeback tied the game

Oh man i can taste the salt of your tears, it's like election day all over again

A FUCKING COIN

>Give up a 25 point lead in the 4th quarter

>Houstonbul

Why didn't they give both teams like 7 minutes and the team with more points after that wins?

Weird sport.

Oy vey jidf

>ladies and gentlemen, your Super Bowl LI MVP

This league has shit tier rules. It's like something you'd invent at recess in school.

That tied the game user...

falchokes choking every second of the last quarter

yeah, you have to let the other team have a go at offence too surely, i was shocked the game was over at that point

Don't forget the game started with a coin toss from Bush Sr. that rolled into the foot of a camera man to determine the ultimate outcome.

The defense could have just stopped them

If your team can't stop the opponents from driving 75 yards in a tie game, you don't deserve to win.

yep, I'm done with this semen slurping "sport"

You know what else is a joke?

Even needing to go to overtime after leading by 25 points.

B
T
F
O

Because it's professional football. If you want something like that, go watch college.

meme magic does real

>First team to score a touchdown wins

Why is this a rule in the final game of the season?

>Only one team gets a chance at scoring
>He thinks thats fair
The cognitive dissonance in Americans astounds me on a consistent basis

I don't think this semen-slurping sport is for me bros

If the falcons had any sign of a defense when it mattered they would of won. Even a field goal could have kept them in it.

>sport contains niggers
wew

>when falcons blame the coin toss and not blowing their load early and their shit defense in OT
LOL

It would go on forever otherwise

What is professional about letting only one team attack?

?

Why does "college" have different rules?

???

why not play until the overtime quarter is over, that way both teams have a chance to score?

It should be that both teams have at least one go at offence but you cannot do two point conversions

Honestly though this rule is indefensible.

If the other team gets a chance to respond with a field goal, why not with a touchdown too? That's ridiculously unfair.

FUCKING COIN TOSS
FUCKING ELECTORAL COLLEGE
FUCKING RULES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>only one team gets the chance to do that

American thinking

Overtime rules seem stupid to me.
Won't it be more fair if both teams get to have a chance at offense till one team fails to score a touchdown and then overtime ends?

No it wouldn't? You end it after a certain amount of time, like regular time? Are you actually this dumb?

Coin Superb Owl MVP

also i'm pretty sure it didn't used to be that way

maybe that's one of those mandela things though

because that would be harder to rig

Fucking this, what's this bullshit?

>+3 hours of adverts
>game ends in a tie
>winner is decided by a coin

I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me guys

It's a fucking game, a shit game at that. Brady and the Patriots deserved the win though for the amazing comeback.

hillary was btfo ad brexit won
deal with it falcucks

>coin toss
>okay you first
>15 mins of tackling
>okay it's a tie again
Are you dumb?

the players are very tired at that point, and there's a high chance it could lead to double overtime

If the other team isn't good enough to stop them, they shouldn't win.

That's why ONLY a touchdown will win the game instantly. The Falcons would get a chance if the Pats didn't score or got a FG

Shitty rule. Not as dumb as the sudden death rule they got rid of a few years ago though.

Thing is, when they had complete sudden death(not the fg doesn't win thing), the team that won the toss only won 48% of the time. That's because a kickoff results in below average field position to start a drive and if you don't move the ball the other team will have decent field position.

Didn't it used to be first team to score even if it was a field goal?

Lol what? Do they normally score a touchdown every single drive? Of course not.

Any german watching RAN? Are you triggered the commentators are acting as if they did something special? Fucking faggots

NFL overtime format is shit. Not every American is a mouth breather that thinks otherwise.

>oh no! the players will be tired!
kill yourself faggot, it's a sport, it's not meant to be relaxing you fucking retard

>austrailia
>relevant

Youre kidding right?

>whining about a coin toss

Uh, the falcons had 60 minutes to seal this fucking game away

The falcons had a 25 point lead before halftime

Not only did the falcons blow that lead, they let the pats drive on them in OT for a TD

lol

cucks blaming their loss on a coin toss.

They should really adopt college OT rules. It makes no sense why they don't do that. It's the fairest and by far the best watching experience. At the very least, enable it for the playoffs. I think the Patriots would have won regardless, but it was still dumb Matt Ryan didn't even get a chance because of a coin flip.

all that scripted New England momentum in the 4th quarter just happened to result in them getting the coin toss with automatically gave them the win

that's the point
so the first to do so wins

it's not that hard to comprehend why they decided on this

But what if the two teams have shit defenses but good offensive teams?

Why does it have to be sudden death?

Why can't it be like penalty kick rules, where if someone scores and then it's not answered by the other team, they win?

This sport is pretty awful when it comes to deciding a winner to be honest

Penalty shoot out when?

the only sensible answer

This is the most mindless logic possible. There are plenty of shoot out games where neither team can stop the other and the game is decided by last position.

okay but what if the team attacking can't stop the team defending?
yet a coin determines who wins
stupid rules

RNG PAY TO WIN BULLSHIT

Sudden death overtime is seriously retarded, but the Falcons deserved to lose after giving up a 25 point lead.

Then the coin decides the game.

Why don't they just another fucking 15 minutes /quarter? And play it out

NEW THREAD

>Thinking the argument is only being applied to this game and this game only
Americans are on another level of stupid

Don't have shit defense.

Doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is the Falcons gave up 75 yards in less than 3min. They didn't deserve to win that.

Then they would have lost long ago to a team with both and never made it to the Superbowl

because american football players are only designed to play in short bursts so they're le tired and their cardio starts to burn out

This is retarded. The team that wins the coin toss has a very distinct advantage.

Guys why do we even have an electorate college here. Presidents should be won by popular vote.

I thought the patriots had mostly white players?

Seems like there's a lot of blacks.

>each team gets 5 chances to kick the ball through the uprights, from a field position that incrementally increases in distance

honestly sounds better than they way they're doing it now

then why did they choose to start with the ball?

>CHEATRIOTS

came here to literally post this

And the Pats did after going down 25 points?

Get some perspective, you defective.

the Philidelphia Eagles are the whitest team in the NFL

it's the receiving core for the pats that's mostly white historically

Football used to have a stupid rule just like this called Golden Goal. I am so glad when they scrapped that bullshit. No idea why American Football still keeps the concept.

Momentum.

The Patriots defense was giving up a shitload of yards when Atlanta had the gas pedal pressed down. Coin flip and ending the game on a td isn't in the best interest of the integrity of the game

That's basically like saying a tie in the World Series would be decided by the first to score. Top of the tenth and you get a run in? Oh, winner's decided.

Yes, Atlanta would've continued to choke dick, but at least their offense would've had a chance.

I don't think it mattered, if Atlanta won the toss it would have been another """ebin""" pick by Rodgers.. maybe a 6 pick for dat epic symmetry

>the winner is decided in a coin toss

>american sports

>If team A isn't good enough to stop them, they shouldn't win.

But we literally dont determine if team B would be good enough to stop them and if they should win or not.

Isnt this sport about attack vs defense? Why only test team A off vs team B def

Shouldnt it be both to determine the better team of both?

>REFTRIOTS

>falcons such a bad team they lose to a coin

Oh yeah, it's not like the Falcons blew a 25 (TWENTY FIVE) point lead before that point, and had a chance to stop the Pats from scoring the game winning TD by playing defense or anything.

that's not remotely the same because it doesn't matter one bit who gets to kickoff in ET in soccer. Both teams have an equal chance

What a crock of shit. The vast majority of teams choose to return the ball when they win a coin toss. Take a wild guess why.