I Can't Believe It's Not Talk Talk!

I Can't Believe It's Not Talk Talk!

talk talk with analog delays

It's not really that similar. Two songs bear some resemblance to Talk Talk and the rest is guitar-oriented ambient.

Now listen to Hex by Bark Psychosis. even better than Talk Talk (just slightly tho because talk talk is fucking amazing)

>Basically Laughing Stock with all the interesting parts removed and a far worse singer
>Better

Yeah, this. Bark Psychosis is fucking terrible, I'm sorry

It goes for a very different atmosphere compared to Laughing Stock, even tho it's influenced by it

Hex is not only supremely beautiful, it's also surreal, mysterious, and mind-altering

How can you love Talk Talk and think Bark Psychosis are terrible

don't talk nonsense.

I'm not talking nonsense user.

Every song in this album is absolutely incredible, and Pendulum Man is one of the best post-rock songs ever made

I'm not the one who made that thread. idk if it was deleted or if the mods deleted it

Pygmalion is every bit as good as Laughing Stock, to be honest. The fact that it isn't heralded as one of the essential post-rock albums of the 90s is beyond me.

I did not delete anything.
I just told him it's pathetic that he is making up lies when he lacks good arguments

>Pygmalion is every bit as good as Laughing Stock, to be honest.

It really isn't.

It's not better than Talk Talk lol
It is good tho

It's at least as good as Hex, then. I've always greatly preferred Spirit of Eden to Laughing Stock, so perhaps I'm biased in using that specific album as an example.

I think it has a stronger emotional impact than laughing stock and also a stronger atmosphere.

But it's close, i will give you that

How can anyone listen to Mark Hollis v Graham Sutton and think this? Sutton tries so hard to write lyrics like Hollis and falls far short - plus Hollis is a far better singer. Also Laughing Stock has far more intricate and eclectic compositions and a wider breadth of sound - it's also completely original. In other words, it's better.

I Can't Believe It's Not Bark Psychosis!

Hex is also completely original. it takes influence from laughing stock, sure, but it has a wildly different atmosphere and vision.

The vocal performances in Hex and Laughing Stock are very different and go for a very different style. each style has it's own merits in my opinion.

I just feel like Laughing Stock falls a bit in the last two tracks (New Grass and Runeii). they are still excellent songs don't me wrong, but i feel like the first 4 songs of the album are better.

In contrast, Hex is amazing and incredible all the way through with every single track being incredible

New Grass is my favourite of the bunch and Runeii is a perfect closer that distills everything that they were about and acts as a bridge into Hollis's solo sound - the organ is gorgeous too.

Also I completely disagree; I think Hex is lacklustre and rips out the spirit and uniqueness of Talk Talk's stuff - it's watered down and basically set the blueprint for all of the awful Post Rock to follow whilst, removing all of the incredible jazz fusion and classical influence that made Laughing Stock such a monumental statement in the first place

>released 10 years after Hex
>better than Hex
Holy shit how did Sutton do it?

I'll tell you how i rank each track from those albums and youll see why i prefer Hex:

Laughing Stock:
Myrrhman 9/10
Ascension Day 9/10
After The Flood 10/10
Taphead 10/10
New Grass 8/10
Runeii 8/10

Hex:
The Loom 9/10
A Street Scene 10/10
Absent Friend 9/10
Big Shot 10/10
Fingerspit 9/10
Eyes & Smiles 9/10
Pendulum Man 10/10 +

These fucking Talk Talk stans need to step off of their pedestal or they can expect their precious little post rock heroes to become a meme

Taphead is the one song I didn't save from LS.

It has the best climax in the entire album

>Not having the whole album
Makes me shiver slightly. Taphead is gorgeous