III > II > I > V > IV > VI >>> VII

If you think otherwise, state your opinion politely.

go back to /r/starwars

Here's a free (you) for taking time out of your day to make this.

5 > 4 > 6 = 3 > 1 > 7 > 2

5 > 6 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

the objectively correct ranking is

1>2>3>4>5>6

7 is not a Star Wars movie

5 >>> 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 >>>>> 3 > 1 >>>>> 2

you twats need a general

Darth Plagueis > Darth Sidious > Darth Vader > Darth Tyranus = Darth Maul

Non-contrarian, sensible, objectively correct ranking:

V > IV > VI > VII > III > I > II

If we're being normie, then I would say

V = IV > VII > VI > III = I > II

The Clone Wars Post-season 2 >>> Everything else

Literally all the SW you need is right there

V > IV > VI > watching nothing > VII > I > III > II

Wasnt tyranous count doom?

5>6>4>3>7>1>2

5 for obvious reasons is the greatest.

6 has the ewoks as its downside, but the final Luke/Vader confrontation and redemption makes it amazing.

4 is great, but other than a fun flick, has no real depth to it. Its really boring and slow at the start as well, and the ObiWan-Vader fight is shit.

3 is better than 7 because it has more memorable characters, a more original story, better fights, better music, more quotable, more memeable, has based Sheev and grievous, and generally leaves a much bigger impression than the force awakens which is basically a remake of episode 4

I put 1 ahead of 2 because of darth maul fight

V > IV > VI >>> II > III > I > Battle for Endor > VII

All of the prequels are fundamentally flawed movies. The biggest problem was that the prequels needed flow logically into A New Hope.

Since the Phantom Menace had so many continuity issues while at the same time largely irrelevant, the following two films could never be great. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were tasked with correcting the errors from episode I, flowing into episode IV, all while having a compelling storyline and interesting characters. Lucas is not a talented enough writer nor a skilled enough director to pull off such a feat.

The Force Awakens throws out most of the rules that the Star Wars universe played by, such as Jedi needing training from a skilled master in the Force to actually use the Force effectively. It felt like a cheap imitation cashing in on nostalgia.

Here's finally the best ranking to save y'all time:

IV = V > VII > III > VI > I > II

VI is trite childish nonsense that doesn't even hold up on nostalgia, it's made to sell toys like most of em but doesn't even make an attempt at an acceptable plot

Maul wasn't a real sith

>II > III > I > Battle for Endor
holy christ neck yourself

>preferring the prequels to the original trilogy
but why. the prequels are clearly worse

this is one of those contrarian things Sup Forums does, isn't it.

5 > 6 > 4 = 3 = 7 > 1 > 2

The only ones that have a definitve ranking for me are 5, 6, 1, and 2.
5 is the best of them all, 6 might have beaten it if it weren't for the ewoks final battle, I feel they could have handled that better. 1 is just awfull, even when putting all the continuity errors it introduced and shit like midichlorians aside it was all around a kind of shit movie.
(though I've always really liked the creature designs of naboo and the droid army, droidekas remain one of my favourite mech designs of all time) Darth Maul fight near the end saved it from the "irredeemable garbage" pile. 2 just has an insane plot that doesn't make sense at any point, as well as being really forgettable and boring.
3, 4, and 7 are each different flavours of "good, but not great", with 4 mostly being there because it's gotten dated by now. 3 has a really emotional climax where everyone dies and everything is awfull that I think was handled very well, it just happens to all happen because Anakin suddenly decides to go on a killing spree because Sheev told him to for no real reason. The moment Sheev told Anakin he didn't know how to save Padme's life and he just kinda accepts that weak-ass excuse comes to mind.
7 was enjoyable, though Rey being kind of a mary sue was annoying, Finn was surprisingly good. It was also pretty much the plot of the 4th one.

It's a meme you dip. But to be fair I once was talking with a 8/10 turbo bimbo and she said she liked the prequels way more. And it is an easy thing to understand with a little thought.

came to post this

IV = V > VI(Theatrical Edition) > VII > VI(All Special Editions) > I > II = III

This is the only objectively correct ranking.

thread should have ended here

Why?

Phantom Menace is the worst of the prequels since the story is mostly irrelevant, Anakin is introduced at to young an age to be more than a secondary character despite it being "his" trilogy, the main protagonist and antagonist are killed, the special effects are too awful to allow any suspension of disbelief, Gungans were the least necessary race in the franchise and given so much screen time. I could go on and on, but it made so many continuity errors while moving the story so little that the other two movies could never be great.

Revenge of the Sith was the second worse since General Grevious was the worst villian in the series, Anakin's fall was too rushed and made no logical sense, Padme's death from a "broken heart" was stupid and laughable, Anakin and Obi Wan's final battle was only okay and ended with one of the worst meme lines in the franchise.

II wins by default since it is simply the least bad of the prequels. Obi Wan's investigative arc is midly interesting. Dooku was the best of the anatagonists. Seeing Yoda in action for the first time was kinda cool.

i actually agree with this but move episode 2 and 3 to reddit

Relevance to the canon doesn't determine what makes a movie good or not.

Phantom Menace was a better film than the other two prequels.

5>4>3>2>1>7>>>>>>>>>

I feel it is important since it was supposed to be the foundation that the other films were built upon. Since the prequels had to line up with original trilogy, each of the prequels needed to share some of the burden of carrying some of the main plot. The Phantom Menace failed to do so, which meant that the other two movies had to rush the plot along.

Though even measured on its own, Episode I was simply a bore. The only good scenes in the entire movie was the pod racing scene and the fight with Maul. The entire rest of the movie could have been cut out and be better for it. The CGI was so bad it made it impossible to take the film seriously.

Jar Jar was over the top annoying and useless, completely unlikeable. The final battle between Gungans and droids as anticlimactic and seemed to be of minor importance in the grand scheme of things.

And a 14 year old elected queen was just dumb.

Objectively, the best answer.

/thread

>reading Rise and Fall of the Confederacy by the ex-leader of the Confederacy
Into the trash it goes

Official non-meme, non-contrarian, objectively correct rankings:

5 => 4 > 7 > 6 >>>>>>>> 3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>if you disagree, you're ranking the movies due to outside bias such as nostalgia for the prequels because you saw them in theaters as a four year old, or you're mad at le evul disney jews, or "HURR DURR TFA IS FANFIC BECAUSE NOT MUH LUCAS"

If you seriously think TFA is good (or at least better than the prequels) then you are literally a redditor and are not a true Star Wars fan.

TFA was an insult to the name of Star Wars. "DUDE LET'S JUST REUSE THE EMPIRE AND DEATH STAR AND REMAKE THE FIRST STAR WARS AND ADD A BUNCH OF PLOTHOLES SO PEOPLE WILL SEE THE SEQUELS LMAO XD". It's like a fucking joke.

youre a retard

I, II and III are all boring CGI-messes with quips and chase scenes. I really dont get why theyre suddenly how shit on Sup Forums, is it literally that the second lates version of something is always the one that contrarians love? I mean it cant be an age-related thing, because I saw the prequels as a kid and like them, but by the time the third one was released I had already outgrown them.

I spell like a gipsy