So Ive been on Sup Forums since I was 16 and I know you guys are going to tear me apart, but I'm curious...

So Ive been on Sup Forums since I was 16 and I know you guys are going to tear me apart, but I'm curious. This place has been fucked up, humbling, beautiful, sad, terrifying ect. pretty much every emotional spectrum there is. From being on here, I know I'm not perfect. But I want to be a police officer. Not because I'm a power trip douche but because I want to serve and help people. There is too many pieces of shit out there that swear to protect people and fuck them over. That makes me sick. I dont want to stay a cop I want to work my way up and be a detective. I dont give a shit about drugs, I can understand life, trust me I'm no saint. But victims deserve comfort and validation. I came up from shit and fire. My father and mother were addicts, and I lost most I love to drugs or giving up on themselves. I truly want to be a servant of the people, and if I get shot; I die trying to change something and I can accept that. I just want to know. Am I making the right decision. What's the advice of Sup Forums tear me apart if you must, but I need to know every perspective.

I teach elementary school.

Do whatever you want.

>740923065

It can be a stressful job are you ready for that?

Thats awesome though. Thats the most noble job to have. Underpaid but the fist step to helping young humans be educated. It hope. Alot of people have lost that

No idea, I know that anyone can have a mental breakdown at any time. Its how we adapt. I can only put hope that I can take what I see. I will definitely have a counselor regularly to help me think outside of my own head. I think seeing dead children will mess me up but also push me. Depends on how I roll and no one can predict that

I'm going into the academy myself. Its really a calling my man. If youre doing it for the money then youre in the VERY wrong profession. Not everyone can be a cop but if you truly have a passion then asking a bunch of random fucking idiots shouldnt change that. Police are the only people who make a difference in this world. If you have the balls and are willing to die for someone who cant protect themselves then you have your answer.

nothing is going to change because you're a police officer. the world will be exactly the same when you get shot/retire/whatever. you're going to expose yourself to socio/pyschopaths, people who will say/tell you anything to get back to being deadbeats. you're going to arrest the same guy week after week doing the same shit and take him to jail. You're going to see families in such deep shit, kids murdered, people raped, and what will you get from that? not much.

all the dumb shit people do, they shoulda learned how to behave, but they choose to get into trouble. they don't learn. they will keep fucking up. if you think you're going to change people, fix shit by wearing a badge, you're sadly mistaken.

but, if you somehow manage to extract some tiny shred of meaning from it all like so many have done, then yes, go for it.

Then thats what I want to do, I know that much. Thank you. I only ask Sup Forums because its unlimited amounts of opinions from all angles. I respect those thoughts

DO MORE DRUGS

OP I really admire your sense of justice. I want to help people too, or become a detective like that too, but I know I don't really have what it takes and I could probably never do it. But I truly hope you make those dreams come true, because the world needs people like you OP. Good shit.

Good luck, I'm reapplying soon (failed the physical, my dumbass thought I was running 1.5 miles but the park by my house is only 1 mile so I didn't make the run time, tldr I didn't train hard enough).

Thank you. Ive done enough crazy stuff of my own to know this world is as is and will continue to be. I respect that and am glad I'm apart of this crazy thing. Just want to give a little hope. Doesnt take much to grow in the right hands. There has to be a balance in the duality of this universe.

Be safe my man. Youll be doing gods work. Just stay true to your profession. Go out there and be a fucking warrior. You are the only thing that seperates the evil from the good. Go crush it. If you die on your shield you will be granted a spot in valhalla.

Cop bro here.. you won't make it sorry. And another thing being a cop and detective is not like a super big thing it's just a lateral move. There are narcotics detectives, detectives for burglaries sex crimes etc. and the fact that you are on here means you don't have street smarts and probably a white male that never really left his house I may be wrong. And the fact that you are already attacking cops. You don't know the first thing about it. It's called working in the gray! There is no black and white in police work. It's called discretion. Sometimes you gotta work in the gray to get the bad guy! You will not make it!

Fuck 12 cuhh can't come out in my endz

Cant afford the ones I want but love the ones that cant be tested for ;) sometimes the ego needs to be taken out to see the big picture, if you know what I mean

That is humbling as hell

>cop here... you won't make it
>cause you're on 4chinz
>and you want to do good, cops have to do bad

Yeah okay, nigger larper detected

> I think seeing dead children will mess me up but also push me.
>Dead children will mess me up but also push me
>Mess me up but also push me
>But also push me

How the fuck is seeing dead kids gunna push you??

Sup Forums is the prime example of gray. I respect you but your profile is completely off. I wasnt attacking you, but you know that there is alot of bullshit that happens. And maybe I want to be the guy busting the person who swore to protect. Its all gray

I'm sorry dude but you aren't cop material. Just the way how you talking. And if you do make you really won't make a different. You will be one of those cops that I know and work with that go to generated calls for services and if they do see shit heads and dope dealers to stop they will put a blind eye to it. i know your kind to well in the agency. Saying they want to make it a different and bullshit everyone but are scared of there fucking shadow while they work. FOOD FOR THOUGHT out of a police depermant only 25% are willing to really be proactive and want to take on crimes. Those would be the k-9 handlers drug detectives and swat guys and patrol officers. The rest are there to collect a paycheck.... AND YOU MY FRIEND WILL BE ONE OF THE. SO FUXK OFF AND DONT BE COP FOR MYSAKE!

try and stop how they got hurt if its that circumstance

Go for it. Although I've known many people who didn't last very long. Not everyone can handle every situation.

Oh so the fucking snitch fag That will be hated in the department. Don't be a cop dude not for you.

Oh aren't we young.

Money helps people. Not wasting your life as a school teacher or cop.

I can respect this. But I really do want to be proactive. And yes I'm scared of alot of things, but I know one thing I'm brave for is trying to at least help. Thats what I want to do and thats that. I respect your opinion and thank you.

Be a teacher or work at a homeless shelter thanks GN.

snitches dont exist if people are doing things right. Its one thing if you do shitty things to get close to a case but there is still lines. I thought things were gray? You're pretty emotional for a cop

I do help in shelters already

Are you B8 or do you really think you stop every crime social Ill??

I grew up in them

and if that guy is serious
most important thing: You will be a cop. You will be a supporter of the people. You will be an order-driven bastard. You will be hated. Rightfully so. Even if you try to make a difference.
That will either gnaw at you or make you ignorant. Have fun!

Keep on doing it man. Being a cop is not for you. If you want to start somewhere. Do the military. I did marines. Or you can army or air force etc.

Commas are your friend. Sorry dude but you're not English teacher material. Just not. Run-on sentences are the work of the devil and you are a syntax-murdering monster. No wonder you became a cop. PICK UP A DICXTIONARY FOR MYSAKE!

No I cant stop everything, I actually respect the levels of organized crime. But I want to help at least something

Don't diss dem dubs.

Yeah I'm definitely preparing for that. I'm aware I will be hated and thats hard already. But I think I can take it for something good. Even one little thing. Thank you

Youve got all the right intentions, but the system into which youre going to throw yourself head first in doesnt give a fuck about them, im sure many of those power trip douches share your intentions but they are thought a certain way of looking at the world and if you look at police discrimination in the west(as well as discrimination of police, violence always goes both ways..) you clearly see that their actions are many times totally disconnected from any kind of goodwill, with noble intentions there to provide much needed but insufficient justification of their crimes, their primary responsibility is to protect and serve the affluent and powerful from those arent either of those. If you wanna fight the pieces of shit you have to start looking at the system and general environment in which they turn to be this or that kind of prick. Lapdogs of the powerful will always be the oppressors of the people that you seem to care about.

It will change you user. Accept those consequences and Godspeed user.

haha, you're right. I suck at writing. I have to get better for reports.,,,,,,,,Fucking love English teachers though

Ignore these guys and do whatever makes you happy. If I can come from a poor family from a small town and try to pursue what I love in life (music and film), you can do it user. I believe in you

Oh stfu hippy. We are out here stop guys breaking into your house and chasing shit heads robbing people. Stop with this "we are serving the man bullshit". Your local cop doesn't give a shit about that.

It's Sup Forums U fuk !

Man im glad youre doing this. We need more people as selfless as you, and its great that youre doing this with such noble intentions. Honestly keep it up.

Seeing this made me happy

Respect the dub faggot he speaks truth.

...Now I feel bad. Sorry copbro, you seem like an alright cat. Writing may not be your forte, but practice makes perfect. Best of luck to ya, chief.

Kitten and titties for your trouble.

I am the servant of the people. Always will be and that will never change. I also want to be an officer because America is 120 years overdue for revolution. If crap goes down, I want to help people not wars

I care

That's what I was initially thinking but I respect it. Doesn't make him wrong. My writing is shit hahaha

Fuck yeah. Stay happy thats what I want. We only have one chance at this shit...That we are aware of

you're going to fuck everything up and none of your intentions will matter to the dead cop you let down.

...I think thats the best thing someone has ever posted to me. Its hot and cute as fuck. I have an unusual spectrum of emotions for this. I like

Youre a good man, its hard to find people like you

Then I hope I can live with that, but I'd rather be the dead cop helping the other and being the one let down

Being a cop is about the worst thing you can do to make a difference. Same as being in the military, not only do you serve a chain of commands interests, you can't give someone a break or overlook certain things just for the reason your battle buddy or your body cam will witness you not following SOP and cost you your career. If you really want to make a difference get an education other than criminal justice and innovate a way to help, or educate others. Being a cop means you can't smoke dope. Being a moralized tweaker means you can kill the meth cook your getting high with for fucking a 14 year old girl. Having to answer to authority only limits the good your allowed to do. Who the fuck wants to grow up just to ticket people and cage them because a computer tells them to.

Not smoking is the hardest thing I have to deal with. Im sacrificing it to legit help and that's how I know I love protecting people more. I FUCKING am romantically involved with weed lol. I want to try and work my way to a place where I can change something and then educate after.

since you have no problem being shot in the line of duty
here is a little something you should know
cops have a really high divorce rate, cops have a high chance of committing spouse abuse
the polygraph is a joke
dont believe the fingerprint bullshit

There is good in everyone, just have to know where to look. Same with evil. Duality of life and I respect that stuff. No good or bad people just gray. Anyone can change

most people don't want your help. they want to be left alone. i have my guns and my rights, stay away pls. thankyou.

I looked that up the divorce rate is over 60% and that shook me a little but my partner is more fucked up and bad ass then me. She can flow and if not, I accept it and will take that loss with honor because I chose it

Oh gawd kek

I feel that. Just don't hurt anyone. That's all I care about. I support your rights. I don't like help myself but you have to know when to ask. We all need it once and a while. Not just with a cop but with life stuff. I go to counseling myself.

doesn't matter what you support. I have my rights regardless of what you think or what life experience you think qualifies you to step into my life. I don't cops unless you're dealing with the worst of the worst, then you get my respect, but cops who just go around talkin' about why they do what they do, never actually doing the real shit. fuck off bro. I can tell you're weak. everyone is gona see through you're tender skin. you'll be lucky if you last 2 years in the streets.

honestly, i think you're doing this to get attention from your friends and family. so you can say you did something. You know you're gona quit when shit gets real.

still fucking awesome

Can we turn this into a cats on titties thread? Is this a thing?

its good that you did your research
and it looks like you are determined to do this
all i can say is that if you are going to make a change
try to change the prisons because a lot of inmates are treated as animals and are not offered help to better themselves. lost a cousin in the slammer.
and if you die making that change well i hope you die hard..... with a vengeance

Yeah that stuff pisses me off bad. People are humans not animals, that's why crap gets worse. Sadly CO school is way different, but given the opportunity I will try my hardest. So glad you dropped that last line.

I'm sorry about your cousin