Why do Americans think 'heritage' and genetics are more important than the culture you grow up in?

Why do Americans think 'heritage' and genetics are more important than the culture you grow up in?

Depends if they're talking about nationality or ethnicity. Also culture is far from being unified, Canada has no culture for example, we don't even have the same language or religion from one end of the country to the other so it's pointless to say we are Canadian.

We don't really. I guess it's just an interesting thing to us, how we ended up here. People who have never been to America make a much bigger deal out of the "X-American" thing than it actually is

>irish nessie
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shut the fuck up you fucking new-worlders.

You're one too you goddamn bogan

>australia
>new world
Shut the fuck up you fucking new-worlder.

>Canada has no culture
love this meme

>Australia was found in 1606
>somehow isn't new world

because everyone here looks really different and we have identity crisis issues

Let me get through your paper-thin skull you disease-ridden, inbred, fucktarded dumbass piece of shit yank.
LOOK at this fucking map!
Notice how there are TWO distinct fucking landmasses or this too much for non-existent grey matter?
AFRO-EURASIA IS THE OLD WORLD!!
JUST BECAUSE AUSTRALIA WAS DISCOVERED (NOT FUCKING FOUNDED) IN 1616 (NOT 1606 YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!) DOESN'T MAKE IT PART OF THE NEW WORLD YOU FUCKING CUNNNNTTT!!!

Australia isn't part of Afro-Eurasia :^)

THERE IS A LAND BRIDGE CONNECTING PAPUA AND THE AUSTRALIAN MAINLAND SUNK AFTER THE ICE AGE
PAPUA IS ONLY CONSIDERED NOT ASIA BY THE BRITISH THAT DISCOVERED AND COLONISED IT BECAUSE IT HAD BLACK PEOPLE LIVING THERE

Find me a single source that considers Australia to be part of Afro-Eurasia and I'll concede

You can't be serious

OH LOOK AT THAT THE CONTINENTAL SHELF IN PAPUA JOINS WITH THE MOLUCCAS AND THEN TO INDONESIA, BUT TOTALLY NOT PART OF AFRO-EURASIA

Couldn't find a source, huh?

By this logic western Alaska is still considered part of Asia. Fucking kek.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YANKS!!!

More culture than Shitzil for sure.

I don't think about any of those, why would we?

What is your culture?
Is it anything more than your history, only preserved by a few festivals every year, and some food?

Because I'm the only white person where I live.

Actually, the Chinese came for sea cucumbers and traded with the abos in the 1400s

Your culture is literally everything you do everyday, fucking idiot. It's not just some funny holiday or some traditional dish