Nihilist thread

Nihilist thread

>reasons you didn't an hero the second you discovered life is actually pointless
>reasons life has a point (none)
>you're worthless

traps answer to all questions

But until then, I can keep making toast.

Dead, I'm worth two hundred thousand dollars. But my life insurance doesn't cover an heroes. So I'm basically worthless alive, and worthless too if I kill myself. So for now I just drink and hope for the best, and if it kills me, my family is rich for a year.

I don't an hero because I can still experience joy while alive. Even if it all fades to nothing when I die, I might as well have a good time now.

I feel an heroing weak man's exit. Even though I'm a borderline nihilist...

Dead, i'm worth nothing. Alive, i'm worth nothing. Worthless either way, so nothing i do really makes a difference at this stage. just letting time pass, maybe my view will change someday

It won't.

> derive your worth from yourself, not an exterior entity
> you're now worth exactly as much as you believe
> mortality of all things doesn't mean life is pointless
> unless you assume the point of life is to become immortal

If life is meaningless then there is exactly as much reason to live as there is to kill yourself. If you're going to die eventually anyway and it makes no difference what you do while you're here, why not have fun and see how far the ride lasts?

But what if the ride is terrible... What then?

This is the typical romantic idea of life having a meaning, same bullshit about "have a good time while you're here", but really, existence is nothing more than pain...

I agree.

Then kill yourself or tough it out I guess. My point is you have literally nothing to lose either way. Personally I like to stay positive.

just because yours hasn't?
stop trying to suck people down with you

hookers and alcohol keeps me alive

I've been deployed, son. In Afghanistan. I was nihilist before I joined and after so I guess that's what got me there in the first place, I've seen some shit, still don't want to pussy out. If I'm killed I rather not be killed by own self.

We are the thinking part of the universe. If it doesn't have a purpose, we are creating it.

I graduated from fil school about 20 years ago. I still love at home and own no significant property besides my PC (i7-7700k, gtx 1080ti founders x2SLI, Intel M.2 1TB SSD drive, Seagate 5TB HDD drive, ASUS X199 mobo. My value in terms of skills derives entirely from my vast an in depth knowledge of 1970s cinema.

Your leading yourself astray by looking for a meaning in things. The point of life is existing. If you're looking for a higher reason, for something that carries you through your day, you haven't understood the basic principle of biology and evolution. There is no point to living. You won't get a price for completing or participating in it.
It feels to me like the nihilists are those who had high hopes and bright outlooks on the beauty of life and were disappointed. From a Daoist perspective, all of this seems very peculiar.

honestly the only reason i dont kill myself at this point is bc im amazed at how fast the world is changing and i kinda wanna know what the world will look like 50 years from now or even better be alive to witness humanity die.
ive always been a nihilist but also curious and amazed by existence in general

Well yeah, that's what Buddhist say too.

However, once you stop to apply your expectations on others and stop deriving your self-image through others. The pain will start to fade, since you do not have a value to compare yourself against and reason: 'compared to other things, i suck.'

Just be, stop trying to be somebody.
Also, i nowhere said, life has a meaning. It's just that people expect it to have and are devastated when they find out, it doesn't. Don't expect your life to be of importance or meaningful for anyone and you won't have to ponder, why exactly it isn't and how to cope with that.

ghggh

>reasons you didn't an hero the second you discovered life is actually pointless
i got off my ass and gave myself purpose.

In fact, what YOU are saying is the typical romantic idea.
The lonely, suffering being, oh, how painful is existence. In a nihilist perspective, pain doesn't matter. You're not a nihilist, you're one of the people who (maybe) suffered and don't come to terms with it. There's always therapy, you know. And it actually helps.

The other guy didn't say anything about life having a meaning, he said that deriving your self-worth from external sources is a fallacy.

Expectations are the root of disappointment yep... It's hard to stop expecting though

(genuine question) what do therapists do that will make things better? I've been pondering with the idea of booking myself in somewhere for a while but have never had the balls to actually face someone and be open about my problems, maybe because i'm scared that they won't be able to help... But yeah, legit question, what do you think will help?

Ironically, the limited nature of life is what gives it meaning. If we lived forever, or at least didn't age to death, we could have potentially infinite time to do anything we're able to do.

Why do you even care about being remembered? Just do what you like to do, and be fucking happy. If what I believe happens after death is true, then you won't even remember or care. You'll be asleep for eternity, and while that may sound pretty scary, think about it. Sleep's pretty peaceful.

depending on what your problem is, they will try to change your negative ways of thinking and negative outlook into a positive one, and a positive attitude will bring you positive exeriences which will improve your life on such a fundamental level that you will end up wondering why you even were unhappy at some point.
theoretically. i need to book an appointment too :(

you quoting some Troy shit?

Gods are jealous of mortals because everything mortals do is for sake of time

It is indeed, I'm currently trying to adjust my assumptions about expectations until they're detailed enough to predict behavior/future.
When expectations and reality match up, it's like knowing what's going to happen in the future. Which is why I prefer that, to not having any at all.
Of course it's not that easy to expect the correct behavior and you must correct yourself and be aware of your own biases.

I will give it a try, thanks man.

Kinda feel like maybe i think myself into a hole and thats why i feel this way so much... But some days are still fine

>be nihilist
>life has no meaning
>"then why haven't you killed yourself already?"
>I-I'd like to avoid pain
>Oh so you're saying avoiding pain is meaningful?
>o-oh n-n-n-no
nihilists
BTFO
T
F
O

> be a nihilist
> for some reason people always assume that because I'm state a, as a nihilist i want to change into state b
> when the reality is, it doesn't fucking matter
Killing yourself would be just as unnihilistic, as it would be to purposefully stay alive.
Remaining in the state you currently are, because there is no reason to change, seems pretty nihilistic.

Idk its just death is so boring its such a finite concept

Haha, that's not nihilism, that's a form of nihilism.

>reasons you didn't an hero
Becoming an hero didn't work, and it was too much work for an inevitability. Nothing matters; it's all good.
>reasons life has a point
None to defend, but I can still make the in-between of "now" worth being. Any experience, even pain, is a moment well spent.
>you're worthless
That's only true in the grand scheme of things. My organs are worth a lot, and so is my bone marrow.

And pain is good, because your care for pain and the struggle that is life, enables life as we know it. Everything is change; everything is in the process of being broken down, if not destroyed, if not killed, until it returns to its most stable, natural, state. And living things, life, is essentially negetropy. The attempt to create order for as long as it can. To preserve itself, for no good reason, when everything it is made of wants to go back to being as stable and as basic as possible. Think about your most base instinct, flight or fight.

Why? Why not just lie down and die? Why must you flinch? Because that ensures the survival of your genes, whether you like it or not. That's just what it is. No real reason why, that's just the modus operandi of your genetic programming; imagine how boring life would be if there was nothing to care about, or fear, or work towards. The average person would go insane with their biology. Your brain would scream as it went to jelly. Any sort of simulation would be welcome. Including pain; pain is good. Pain tells me I can suffer, and that I am alive. Pain makes me want to have a good time, so I can remember pain and being alive, and feeling regret, and all the fun things that are messy and horrible and ultimately pointless. Pain is the instinctual drive to run towards the light, to burn my hands so I can scream and breathe deep.
>wake me up

You're mixing up nihilism with being a little cry baby bitch. You don't need to have a life purpose not to neck yourself, you are retarded.

Just like how there is no purpose to live, there is no purpose to kill myself. It's idiotic as well since there is nothing to gain from it. The main reason on why I would, would be because of how boring, disgusting, and mindless society is.
>reasons life has a point (none)
Purpose and reasons are just an excuse, since there is no reason to live.
>you're worthless
No shit. If anything, my value comes from how much money has been invested in my since my birth and the knowledge I have gained from my school years, then there's also the minor factor that I have a higher value than those without any education or those who dropped out of high school.

Life is boring, I'm just existing right now for the sake of existing, slowly waiting for the comfort of death so I'm no longer a slave to society.

> pain helps me realize I'm alive
Why does it matter, if I move onward, because I'm going away from something, rather than towards?
I get that they are different concepts, but why do you give fear more value?
The same would be possible with happiness/feeling complete as the goal.
> only when I have reached a wholesome sense of being a complete entity, i may stop developing

drugs in moderation is the answer u seek

All you faggots consider the following:

Given all the endless possibilities of ways you can die , many of those being incredibly painful and cruel, why not just exit bag?

Choosing to live every day until you die, you are gambling your cause of death . And statistically speaking , you are much more likely to die significantly more painfully than exit bag.

TL:DR i want you all to kys

>Why does it matter
I guess it doesn't matter.
>why do you give fear more value
Because fear is far more primal to me than any other emotion. Fear, if I am in the moment to feel it, will drive me to do things I would never do otherwise. Fear shows me the nature of what I am. Fear is as inescapable as death. Fear bellies pain. Fear is everything that tells you that your body is still around, that it seeks a path filled with reprieve. Fear is the process that spurs you to seek anything but fear. It quickens you.

Happiness is a sort of emotion that doesn't quite do what fear seems to do. Happiness, I feel, can be rationalized in a way that fear cannot. Happiness isn't an urgency, it isn't a drive. Happiness seems more like a condition that arises when certain qualifiers are met. Happiness and feelings of contentedness will not compel me to put food in my mouth, but the pain, the negative emotions and feelings that come with starvation, will. And they will also drive me to sate the pain of hunger, and encourage me to feel that happiness or completeness, that feeling of being well fed, if at least not hungry.

That is the most real feeling I have ever known thus far. However, considering that I no longer fear dying, I might be more at risk of dying from an accident than I am from dying naturally.

Gambling is fun; I want to have fun still; fun is fun. I should hope for a painful death to really experience life.

I do understand your reasoning and fear is logically a more pressing emotion, than happiness.
My question was, why do you choose to live your life based on the things you should avoid, rather than on the things you should seek out?
Avoiding pain does not necessarily lead to being contend, rather to being cautious and afraid.
But maybe I misunderstood and you avoid pain, while also seeking out happiness.

If were all dead anyway what does ut matter if that death includes suffering. Besides the best reason to keep on living is to piss you off /hugs

if life has no point, i might as well go murder every one.
This also keeps me from killing myself, if i kms i would let them fuckers win.

do you even know that life insurances is taxed bigely
my dad died and left me life insurance, i first had to pay in 2 grand to have every thing sorted get all the paper work and advice.
im gone get 200 bucks a year for the next 2 decades.
if you have it paid all at ones you get a 40% tax penalty

Agreed , real man go on killing sprees murdering that what upsets him.
I started doing this and having the absolute power over a life makes stuff a little less nihilistic

For me its getting the gets.

>how fast the world is changing and i kinda wanna know what the world will look like 50 years from now or even better be alive to witness humanity die.
It wont be pretty

I guess I don't go out of my way to live my life based on the things I should avoid, so much as I tend to avoid things that I am expected to avoid, albeit to a lesser degree. If there is pain, there is pain. If there is happiness, there is happiness. I seek somewhat. I might, per my nature, step out of the way of a moving vehicle if I can help it. Yet, I never shy away or regret feeling immense pains, like the breaking of a bone. Sometimes I even laugh as it hurts. Sometimes I even rue as it feels good.

I have goals, yes. I have pleasures, wants. Aspirations. I have things I seek. I simply also observe the things I don't seek, the things that I do not want, the things that I do not aspire towards. I value these.

I have no real, high-level fear anymore. No phobias, nothing to rationalize. But, I use base caution to fill my curiosity in whatever novel and new experience I can digest before I am guaranteed oblivion. Fire is intriguing, but if I am hopelessly burned, I will have to sit with idle fingers until I die.

There are times where I think of jamming a push pin into my flesh, just to experience it. If only once.

i dont care, im a nihilist

We seem to be quite similar, although I wouldn't describe myself as quite that emotionally dead.
On some level I believe, valuing the things you do not want or need, is good.
Since it reminds you of what the necessities of life are and what is luxury.

I'm just wondering, if by focusing on what to avoid, we train our body to mostly deal with that feeling. To which the response would be to numb yourself. Hence the inability to really engage into other emotions, since you can't feel them.
I feel like that's what I've been doing for a large portion of my life and I'm slowly breaking down the numbness. It still doesn't mean I think life has purpose, when you're happy. It just seems easier/more enjoyable, I think.

mainly i was like: yeah, life's pointless, but it's pretty tiring to kill myself, so might as well just get drunk and high instead

Would anyone recommend Prozac or Serdep?

this is a nihilist thread, not a depressed fuckboi thread. we just simply don't care or feel. drink alcohol like every other low-life scum

>There are times where I think of jamming a push pin into my flesh, just to experience it.
absolute madman

Life being pointless means you officially have no metric to compare your accomplishments to.. which means you get to fool yourself into whatever kind of value you'd like. It's all a game of the mind.
Worth is a stupid idea. Life is not a question. Life is an answer, an expression. I sit in comfy nihilism knowing nothing the world has deemed meaningful really is.. instead I iust get to jam my head full of all the philosophies that lead me to a happier, more interesting life.
I'm just along for the ride, bud. What else am I gonna fuckin' do?

>if by focusing on what to avoid, we train our body to mostly deal with that feeling
It's certainly something to think about. I imagine that's why I push so hard to feel, in that I am maybe that dead, emotionally speaking.

>It just seems easier/more enjoyable
Yep.

Sometimes I also think about purchasing a pane of glass so I can run through it. It's the little things.

Do something with your life.

do it faggit. everyone THINKS about doing edgy shit. its called call of the void.

Well, for me the process of feeling again is heavily coupled to the perception of my body. Meaning, I also numb down my physical body, to the extent, that I would feel grumpy, without realising I was in physical pain.

There is only one point,
There is no point, you have not made a point yet, there is no point as the point of our ancestors got wrecked.
You cant see that you have to get the point back so you can pass it on to the offspring you haven't made yet (which is one of the reason there is no point).

>call of the void
It's called a fantasy, too; it really isn't cost effective to waste the glass like that. Cleaning it up would be fun, but then I'd feel bad about what I could've spent that money on instead of indulging in my primal desires like an absolute madman. Plus, it's a mere moment of what I intended to do with the glass: break it. It's there, and then it's over. The cleaning up of the glass isn't as fun as breaking it. And glass costs money. I am not made of money. I could get more pleasure out of my finite money than breaking big panes of glass.

Like trying to walk on a bed of push pins. I've already done that before. If there's a way to break glass for free, I'm in.

That's surreal.

I don't even know who or what Troy is. Just some a little fortune cookie wisdom.

The act of living is pointless,

The act of giving the pointless a point is the point, For me anyway.

And it's exactly what you all are doing, Trying to give something a point.

sentience is a funny thing.

You first.

Let's suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream you wanted to dream
and you would naturally as you begin on this adventure of dreams
you would fulfill all your wishes.
You would have every kind of pleasure you see
and after several nights you would say
wow that was pretty great
but now let's have a surprise
let's have a dream which isn't under control
Well somethings going to happen to me that I don't know what it's going to be
Then you would get more and more adventurous
and you would make further and further out gambles
as to what you would dream
and finally you would dream where you are now
If you awaken from this illusion
And you understand black implies white
self implies other
life implies death
you can feel yourself
not as a stranger in the world
not as something here on probation
not as something that has arrived here by fluke
but you can begin to feel your own existence as absolute fundamental
what you are basically
deep deep down
far far in
is simply the fabric and structure of existence itself

just go to a waste dump or break through a shop window and pretend it was an accident or run away really fast while bleeding heavily. you're honestly the most boring normie out here and think you are so edgy and philosophical and have figured out life. pretty embarrassing to read tbh

>while bleeding heavily
So, left a forensic trail for them to fine me with. Smart.

>most boring normie
>so edgy
>and philosophical
>have figured out life
Yeah, I believe I've figured out my life. Sorry, you're right. But I'm far from being a normie. A normie gripes at me for figuring out my life, and calls it edgy in an attempt to seek power over something so pointless.
>tbh

life is not a dream, get out of that bubble of yours and smell reality

> surreal
Yeah, apparently i had two pairs of bones near the hip dislodged for the better part of a decade.
Now that I've started sports and became more aware, it feels like my whole body is misplaced and constantly twitching.
Then I learned that the Chinese medicine with the energy channels in the human body is actually sort of true, as recently discovered by western science.
So now I'm trying a mixture of fitness center, yoga and meditation, in order to put each misplaced element back into it's appropriate position.
Basically you can imagine it as two sets of muscles being unbalanced. One pulls, the other pushes, when everything is fine, both are resting, when you're relaxed.
In my case however, it's always either pushing or pulling, since it got lodged out of the natural resting place.
I think this is one reason for my giddy/distractive behavior and my inability to think clearly at times.

>because it'd make my mom cry
>because creamping pussy feels good
>because i love listening to music

Can't really think of anything else tbh.

sure they are gonna send a swat team after you for breaking some glass.
you're like every boring person who tries to justify their existence by thinking they have something interesting going on in their minds when all of their thoughts are lame and mediocre. at least i can accept my insignificance

>swat team
No, they'll send a couple officers to my door. Which would have blood on it if I'm heavily bleeding. Assuming I even make it 1 block away as I am bleeding heavily. That's the plan of a small child, if I'm being honest. I don't expect someone who's injured themselves that bad to be able to outrun a bunch of officers in a cruiser, or even escape the public eye. People have phones now. Someone will try to help the bleeding man shambling down the sidewalk.

>you're like every boring person
I think you might instead be the boring person/prjecting; you can't accept that I accept the insignificance of life itself. Somehow, that's wrong. I must be lame and mediocre, but when it is your turn to accept that you are worth nothing, it is righteous.

That's telling, because that's also more edgy than saying "nothing matters". Because for me, saying that isn't a claim to fame or attention. It's just how I see things. But for you, it's a status. Full bore, can't get any more edgier than that.

This kinda makes sense tbh

Beta cuck faggot thread might aswell post traps and cuckold niggers and wwyd to my gf you spineless amoeba grow a pair

what'd you say to me you little bitch?

I'll have you know...
(To be continued)

honestly, stop arguing about the dumb breaking glass thing, i just said the heavy bleeding part bc i found it funny. fucking retard arguing like this is a serious conversation. im not opposing the fact that nothing means anything, i just think you're ridiculous for being so proud of your retard thoughts

>you're ridiculous for being so proud of your retard thoughts
If you're not opposing the fact that
>nothing means anything
then I think you're calling yourself retarded. I found it funny to hound you on the glass thing until you folded on it like I'd fold a pane of glass with my body.

Because nothing matters.

hound me down, retardo, i was just sick of talking about something so dumb. but ok, if you ran away bleeding heavily, you dont have to run home leaving a trace, you can just run into a forrest or flee the country, if you're bleeding hard enough, you might die, so you wont get arrested anyway. case closed.

And nothing else maatterrrsssss

>trying to find some parallel to make them sound wrong
way to sound way more autistic than OP.

Does instinct = Meaning?

>sick of talking about something so dumb
In other words, not able to withstand the heat of the spotlight.
>you don't have to run home
Have to versus want to. It's me; I'm going home.
>flee the country
On foot while bleeding heavily?
>into a forrest
On foot while bleeding heavily?

>you might die
That's a definite possibility, but then that would defeat the purpose of breaking the glass, because the maximum possible accruement of fun stops immediately after I begin to bleed out in the forest. Death is inevitable; fun is optional.

>Nihilist thread
I don't have the balls to do it
>reasons life has a point
I asume you mean if I have any reason to keep going, I create small meaningless sexual goals that keep me entertaint
>you're worthless
We all are really

>muh nihilist
You guys are really special and unique, your edgy (and deep) outlook on life is really dark and cool.

>It's me; I'm going home.
>thinks hes being a special genius for having the urge to break through glass, doesnt want to do it bc muh bad consequences even though nothing matters, constantly wants to go home
pussy confirmed

stop copying me, i already said that

Prove it

ok, i was only implying it. still

Didn't even copy you/10
Keep it in your pants fam

The reason I haven't done the heroing yet, is because I'm curious as to how I might naturally die. Kinda like suicide surprise or something. Aside from that I'm gonna keep enjoying weather in the fall.

Stoicism is far better than nihilism. Nihilism is a philosophy for the lazy people that shirk from responsibility.

>pussy confirmed
Now that's what I call edgy. Besides, if nothing matters, why do I
>need
to jump through the glass? I merely want to. I eventually will. Nothing matters. I can do it in another way and get more fun out of my limited time, than kill myself like a retarded lemming with something to prove in a world devoid of meaning; nothing matters. What happens if I care about not needlessly ending my fun?

Nothing. Nothing happens either way, so I choose to have more fun anyways. More fun is not dying like a retarded animal. Being an animal is dying in a place where you feel comfortable. Being retarded is dying in the middle of the street.

Do anything. It doesn't matter. You can choose to be proud of being retarded if you want to continue doing that.

Its just as gay.
You do realize these are all about "who you are"
>I'm this!
>I'm that!

and again you're doing this thing where you write a whole paragraph without saying anything interesting. trying to read through your rambling makes me want to jump through glass

And again, you're trying to deflect. But tell me how the jumping through the glass goes in a world that, despite having no meaning, fails to lack causality.

Post timestamps.

Yes I do. What's your point? People have had philosophical identities for thousands of years. Not subscribing to one doesn't make you special or unique.

You get one shot at life. Might as well try it.