Just finished season two of this today. I think it's the greatest, most insane television show I've ever seen

Just finished season two of this today. I think it's the greatest, most insane television show I've ever seen.

What does Sup Forums think about it?

Okay, well thats hyperbolic as fuck. I personally like it but I accept its got plenty of faults. It stands out to me just a bit more than the rest of the majority of tv shows in the past few years which have been shit.

I think Sup Forums and most audiences in general are kinda divided on how they feel about it

I cried during that scene where Kevin sings Homeward Bound

fuckin love this show

Tbh I think it is the greatest show I have ever seen. Wish more people would have watched it to keep it from being cut short.

Its subpar. Both seasons included

Deus Ex Machina: the show.

I still have no clue what the beginning of the season 2 was supposed to be representing, the part with the cave people and childbirth. I know I'm quite slow with references and and shit but anybody care to explain that to me?
And yeah, I too enjoy the show.

I love it. Just the fact that it's a tv show that isn't a grim crime/antihero drama or young adult dramedy puts it head and shoulders above most television. It's disappointing how much of an exception that is.

To a caveman, an earthquake is a tragic mystery beyond their scope of understanding. Humans persevere and live on

The Happening is the same thing. To us an earthquake is banal, to other beings this happening would be seen the same way

The show clearly puts a great deal of emphasis on some mystic idea of fate, so calling it Deus Ex Machina seems kind of stupid to me.

The most overrated series since The Wire.

>I cried

The idea that all this emotion is being wrung out of an impossible happenstance kinda takes the piss out of it for anyone with a brain though.

go watch the sopranos then fag

should have ended with season 1.
now it's just another meme show.

the best show on TV atm next to You're the Worst

despite how fucking depressing it is, I love that it's still so relentlessly uncynical

the fuck does this even mean?

>Wish more people would have watched it to keep it from being cut short
Literal 3rd and final season due in 2017

I prefer Season 1 because its depressing as fuck but 2 had some great episodes like International Assassin, and the finale was perfect. The way season 2 ended could have pretty much been the end of the show.

This and The Knick are the greatest TV shows of the last couple years

It is without a doubt the best show this decade. Hopefully Season 3 will be just as the previous two seasons.

Hey, so did I user.

>Overrated
Get the fuck out of here if anything it's severely underrated.

it means it had a nice premise and interesting characters, a good novel behind it to make a quality one season series. Instead they went the usual retard way of milking the material and now there's just no sense in watching it. They're just making shit up in order for you zombies to continue watching it.

what a pretentious boring peace of shit show

I just saw it as a parralel to what happened when people vanished, because the woman and child was cut off from everyone else.
It also established that Jarden had earthquake problems, and they ended up happening throughout the season. It ended up being the reason the water disappeared from the lake and it caused the townsfolk to be scared that more people were going to vanish again.
You could also take from it that they were trying to make you decide if the girls vanished or they were in the lake during the earthquake.

International Assassin made up for the whole season that I thought didn't live up to season one. I didn't like them adding in all those mysteries, they should have stuck with getting into the emotional state of the characters and leaving it at one giant unanswered mystery.

This.

Unless it suddenly gets way better after the first three episodes.

>tfw those are 2 of my top 3 as well but nobody seems to watch them

Do you like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? It's not as good but there really is shit all for new shows at the moment