He killed millions.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1o92p7TLPg6T7VZjkhJ-byeea8ic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To save billions

To kill billions

i liked this more than spirited away because it was based in reality or at least the gook interpretation of

>millions
Please, thousands at most.

WTF I hate Mitsubishi now!

it wasn't even the Zero, he didn't kill anyone

>Henry Ford killed trillions in road accidents

he LITERALLY orchestrated Pearl Harbor

Honestly it's pretty ballsy to make a movie about a Jap that creates WW2 bomber planes.

What film? Is it Miyazaki's?

Guess i'm #zeroforjiro now

The Fire Rises

What a weird fucking film. It dances around militarism and a quasi-fascist fetishization of nazi german prowess of engineering and effieciency, whilst allt he while trying to represent some kind of child like, inspiring and magical quality to the mere fact of aerodynamics and air-plane designing.

Completely tonedeaf, seems to me like the director was indulging in a very odd personal flight of fancy on this one. Love his other films though.

Imagine if Germany made a kids cartoon about how awesome Albert Speer was.

Was casting him as Japan's answer to Hitler, a joke or something?

It's supposed to mimic his own feelings towards anime. How he helped pioneer and popularize a medium only to have it torn down and destroyed. Sad for both of them.

I genuinely watched this for the first time last night. It was good but a little underwhelming I guess.

Who is that guy and why was it so funny that he became the voice for the wind rises?

Is he just their m8 or something. That's what it seemed like.

Good to know. That's exactly the self-indulgent, faux-martyrical victim-vibe I got from it. Embarrassing.

His name is Hideaki Anno.

He's famous for directing the Evangelion anime franchise (which is super successful) and being an all-round autist. He also directed the most recent Godzilla movie.

He got his start in the industry as an animator on Miyazaki's film Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and they kind of have an interesting history as a result.

It'd be a bit like someone suddenly hiring George Lucas as the main VA of a Disney movie or something.

evangelion director

It's called the wind rises. The main charactes get's pulled away by the wind, which is a metaphor for a specific time in the life of artists/creators/anybody, where you are pulled away by your full potential. he was designing planes and he knew that war would end one day, but the technical advancements will produce airplanes that can help mainkind instead of helping them destroy each other. he realized that whether he anticipated or not in designing those airplanes, it would not have any significance in how time would further progress, meaning how or when the war would end. so he did what he could do best and what he really liked, designing airplanes while he was young and in his prime. its a bit like hayo himself being in his prime and creating all those great masterpiece animation films, but like the airplane designer in the movie, he also get's pulled away and can't change his surroundings. this may be a hint of regret that hayo probably neglectey his son while he himself was dragged away buy success or his prime crative juices. after all it is said, that he and his son didn't have the best relationship.

its a very beautiful movie and probably a very personal one for hayo. it illustrates his deep inner feelings of his youth and his successfull time as a masterpiece creator.

That's Hideaki Anno, creator of neon genesis evangelion and infamous depressed otaku

I also really liked the documentary but I guess it probably doesn't mean as much to people who don't really like Miyazaki's films

Anno has been mentioned so this is now a shin gojira thread

>Theatres
google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1o92p7TLPg6T7VZjkhJ-byeea8ic

do you have a theatre playing it? will you be going?

I like how they justified korean slave labor too
"would you rather live in a world with or without pyramids"

gook shit stays there weeb

>yfw he crashed all those planes with no survivors

Stop trying to have a discussion and just post memes, this is Sup Forums

but i wanna be mad and contrarian

and if i don't hate this film it won't fit my "conservative" pants and then i'll just look racist

oh well, at least i can low-key accept these arguments for the day i'm brave enough to stand up for things i actually like. thank goodness for troll threads.

>bomber

educate yourself

Guy just wanted to make fucking airplanes

It would be the same thing as making a film about the designers of nazi concentration camps and potraying them in a innocent child-like manner.

You are only a killer if you personally pull the trigger.

The Wind Rises.
Miyazaki, yeah. Very good.

>jap
>"he killed millions, what a monster!"
>movie about an American plane engineer
>"he killed millions of gooks, what a hero"
Stick to cheering for your sports team.

The Americans didn't rape and torture half of a continent in the process

I'm sure these guys raped a lot of people in their airplanes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

We should have bombed the entire country to dust while we had the chance.

Except they were nazis trying to take over the world and murder people whereas America was the hero saving the world.

He was just autistic about airplanes. Blame the military for that shit.

I'd watch a Disney animated movie about Howard Hughes, starring George Lucas

He designed the rape of Chinatown

The Wind Rises is one of the most boring movies I have ever seen in my entire life.

>gook interpretation
They see in a fish eye lens.

I always found it odd how miyazaki hates otaku but is best friends with anno

>america saving the world

Do you mean russia ?

Yeah they waited till later and committed it on a much larger scale in Vietnam

Will there be songs?

anno hates otaku too

besides they've known each other for 30 years

>closest theater is a 6 hour drive
Y-you too

I wouldn't say Anno is an otaku.
A nerd, a enthusiastic fanboy, but he channeled that passion into a constructive thing that lead to a career doing what he loves, and doing it well (got his big in as a key animator for Miyazaki).
Otakus don't really do that, or, at the very most, they just make emotional and literal masturbation material to keep whatever wankery they're into going.

that sucks user, I have 2 within a few miles of me

>a shaft of light is all I need
>to cease this darkness killing me

I'm making that the new hello darkness my old friend starting right now.

ITT american teenagers discuss WW2

Of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4