Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1053CA16DDD05579
thomann.de/se/jet_city_amplification_custom_5_bk_bundle.htm
youtu.be/tfDIiWbYG6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wrong. killer vibrato should be a pic of ace frehley

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1053CA16DDD05579

>why did they make archtops without soundholes even before they had electric pickups
Without any soundholes? I'm not aware of any, do you have a picture or a link? In theory it would still work, it would be like a closed speaker cabinet instead of an open one.
>also is there an archtop with a bridge pickup? but like a jazz hollowbody not just a semihollow like a es335
I know that the retrofitted pickups (in the very early days) were mostly in the neck position for some reason (warmer tone was more suitable for jazz, or they didn't know any better?). I'm no expert, you can browse big music stores for hollowbodies and see if some come up with a bridge pickup. Be aware though that a complete hollowbody guitar can have issues with feedback if you play amplified, that was one of the reasons why they made semi-hollows.

They're made in mexico, mexican labour is cheaper so they can be produced cheaper. Because of that they are also the "cheaper line" of Fender guitars, meaning they use some cheaper hardware and pickups than the american ones. Not a massive difference. People also say that quality control is tighter on the american made ones, so the standard of production should be higher with these but who knows honestly. And if you get one and have a luthier work on it to make it perfect (if that is necessary) then there won't be a real difference between the two except for slightly different hardware and pickups.

well not rounded holes, just small f holes i suppose they would be very quiet

I have an archtop on which some retard coiled the floating bridge UPSIDE DOWN, is there any fucking way to fix this on my own?

>he doesn't get the joke

whops that link was accidental

Hmm...I'll consider the Mexican one. Is the country of origin disclosed when buying or are there any specific ones to look out for? Also any specific model you would recommend?

Cellos and upright basses also just use tiny F holes, the hole doesn't generate the sound, the vibrating top does. It's basically a speaker membrane (kinda). The holes just need to be able to let a tiny amount of air through, f holes are just fine for that.
I have no clue, sorry.

Im looking to get a low watt tube amp, i only play on bedroom level.

Is this something i should consider?
thomann.de/se/jet_city_amplification_custom_5_bk_bundle.htm

thanks for any tips.

get an orange, nothing sounds better than an orange.

also eat oranges they are yummy

The mexican ones are cheaper, it clearly says "made in mexico" on the headstock and it should also say that on the product page. In your price range I'm pretty sure you'll only find made in mexico fender guitars.

Basically, the country of origin is already (kinda) the product line. You'll see a "fender standard stratocaster mim" mim stands for made in mexico. And then there would be a "fender standard stratocaster mia", made in america. Those are clearly labeled and 2 different lines of products. And actually they rebranded the standard mia line to the "american professional" series now, they start at 1500 as far as I could tell.

Basically, a fender standard stratocaster in your price range will be made in mexico most likely. They have some specialized models, but just the base model or maybe an HSS strat (humbucker single coil single coils instead of 3 single coil pickups) should serve you just fine. But I'd definitely go to a store and try them out, and also other brands of course.

Sorry if that was confusing, I should structure these better.

No need for apologies, I appreciate any and all information I can get on the matter.

I might actually consider pitching in myself to get an American made guitar. I'm sure the Mexican ones are great but it's just something that calls to me about having an American made Fender.

Quite a dumb idea considering it's gonna cost more but this will probably become a family heirloom so I guess only the best is good enough.

Repost, but the old thread died quickly.
I'm eyeing a custom made LP-ish guitar and my goal is to modernize the design (a bit) an to get rid of the inherent flaws in it. Of course it'll also be made to my liking, but that's the main goal.

The idea is:
Mahogany body with flamed maple top. Maybe a thinner body to make it more comfortable, could this result in head dive issues since it's reducing the weight of the body?
A better headstock design, more shallow angle, reinforced joint area, different headstock shape so the strings actually go over the nut straight (tuning machines moving inward). This should eliminate most of the tuning stability issues that LPs have. Oh and probably proper modern locking tuning machines or something like that.
A maple neck? I'm still reading up on this, but hardrock maple is considerably harder than most if not all mahogany. It just seems like it would be more stable and I like that.
2 humbuckers and the traditional control layout (2T, 2V, 3-way toggle), but I'd add two 3-way mini switches so I can switch the humbuckers to serial/parallel/single coil individually. Also, treble bleed or something similar on both volume controls.
24 frets (don't judge me)
A different bridge? Does the traditional tune o matic have issues? Not sure, never had a proper LP.

Yeah, any input, any ideas, anything I missed or didn't specify, anything stupid I mentioned, let me know.

Most important issues, the ones I am really not sure about: maple neck? different bridge? thinner body? but I welcome any ideas, questions, tips, etc. Just anything really.

Eh, it is your decision. I personally think that there is nothing mystical about the MIA Fenders, but just try them out and see for yourself. The new ones, the american professional line, also changed some minor things I think. Some modernizations or tweaks, not sure. But the difference between the american models and the standard mexican ones seems to have widened a bit with the refresh.

What's a guitar with a floating whammy bar that isn't from Blender, or isn't a jazzmaster/jaguar/mustang, u don't want to give them any more money

I dont honestly think that having AMERICAN on your headstock justifies the price and workmanship that goes into a modern day Fender guitar

>I've never really listened to guitarists, because they've never really interested me. In fact, I think the guitar is a pretty feeble instrument. Virtually nothing interests me about the guitar.
/gg/ btfo.

Yes on the maple neck. Expensive Gibson Archtops have them and you rarely see them with broken headstocks (though it could be because it's a more careful type of owner)

I personally consider maple necks to be disgusting

Guess the rest of it depends on your budget, you really to to custom a custom guitar?

I recognise that exact guitar.

Nice kitchen faggot

Are pink guitars gay?

Yes

Okay, just comfirming that I'm a faggot.

What's a good guitar with humbuckers that i can find for 1000-1800$? I'd trade this strat pro us that i got in a trade. Looking for thst classic rock sound but dont have the cash for a les paul. I love strats clean tone but feel like they sound like shit with distortion. What do?

Deimel firestar

Maybe you are a post modern faggot who does not care about pink guitars?

I looked it up, new and "better" pickups, a new neck profile (subjective), frets are shaped differently (subjective), treble bleed on the volume control (a technicality, most players don't really use the volume control too much and at home it's not that relevant), better tremolo system, slightly better hardware, allegedly better quality control.
That's what you're getting with the USA model over the mexican one. Again, I'd say you should go to a store and maybe even compare them side to side and decide for yourself if it's worth the extra money.

I'm very tempted and I have some hints on why it "should" theoretically be better. Not sure.
Why?
>you really to to custom a custom guitar?
erm, what? Do I really need one? Basically, I want an LP-style, kinda, guitar but I'm really not happy with the 60 year old design that has many flaws. So I'd get one that is exactly how I want it with the modifications that I like. It will be based on an existing design, which is based on an LP from a luthier here, it won't be complete custom madness for 10,000 bucks, I just want to get it right and not miss anything.

Strato Hecha en México

youtu.be/tfDIiWbYG6I
>1:48
what is on that run after the Gb3b5 Eb3b5

Computer, could you kick up the Gb3b5 Eb3b5 please

>Maybe a thinner body to make it more comfortable, could this result in head dive issues since it's reducing the weight of the body?
it will result in a thinner sound, like an sg
plus the maple neck. it will be a bright les paul

My gf just left me, will this shitty shitty feeling at least make me better at playing the blues?

Isn't blues just the default playing style?

>TOAN WUDDD

>toan plastic
>toan concrete

It will make you better at being human

Did that one user ever get his Hughes and Kettner amp working? It happened a week or so ago

Girlfriend left, dog dead, truck stolen... Sorry, bro. Those are country feels.

Nice glasses faggot

>Isn't blues just the default playing style?
It's the default theft of great style that invented the blacks

only weak girly guys play with their pick slanted

should i read more poetry if i want to write lyrics?

you should read more lyrics

I'm kinda sceptical about the tone wood stuff having such a large impact, again I'm not sure. I'll keep it in mind though.

what if i want to write like bob dylan

buy bob a dylan brain

After years of playing guitar, there is yet one question for me that remains to be solved:

What in the fuck does tone do?

only weaklings play with picks

Fuck it, I'm too tired to do this tonight.

I'll be back tomorrow, fa/gg/ots.

Give me a retardedly hard lick to practice because I'm bored

Knocking on heavens door.

Only fags refuse to use tactics that help them play cleaner

it's okay i'll take over

Nah, brah. I got this. Oh... Wait... Wrong board.

Suggest me a versatile pickup for bridge position of my Les Paul. Surely there must be something beside Seymour Duncan JBs.

Fishmemes.

We still never got an answer to where that gif came from.

yes you did, it came from my computer

What gauge strings should I put on a Gibson EB-0?

post timestamp

no, because I like the fact that it bothers you

seymour duncan p rails with triple shot ring

>be real froosh
>everything going just as planned
You people have no idea.

>mfw weeb nu-froosh promised to shit up every /gg/ thread until /gg/ was dead
>mfw he did
>mfw weeb froosh came back and got upset when he saw how weeb nu-froosh had stolen all his thunder
>but it was too late
>/gg/ was an empty shell
>tfw you fuck with weeb neets on Sup Forums and they eat your lunch and everybody elses lunch too
terrible

>mfw weeb froosh came back
meant froosh not weeb froosh I'm such an idiot

friendly reminder roman hasn't been on /gg/ since last year and these autists are making up shit to ruin the general and blame someone else and probably don't even play the guitar

this place used to be something, not anymore.

>reddit spacing
this is weeb nu-froosh everyone
he destroyed /gg/
probably forever

How long have you been on Sup Forums? A week? That's not what reddit spacing is.

>gloating over the corpse you're responsible for
You really are a piece of shit roman

The reality is the real froosh severely disabled this general over 3 year ago. This nu-froosh character is just picking the bones and finishing the job, if it's not just the actual froosh/roman, knowing his shenanigans over the years it would be no surprise. Who knows. There have been so many copycats at this point, I don't think even froosh himself can account for it all.

don't (you) me nu-froosh you jerk I know its you

Feeling like shit lately. Every time I try to pick up the guitar and write something, nothing new comes out. I keep listening to mid-west emo stuff lately and I'm thinking this has something to do with it. I don't know, it feels easier to do something that I'm comfortable with and trying to be creative late just hasn't been working for the past few months. I keep thinking I'm a talentless hack but I know there's got to be some ideas knocking around there somewhere. I just changed my strings and I felt much better playing than I have recently so there's that. Any interesting chords you guys like to use that are "angular" sounding and in standard tuning?

I just had a band practice session today and had a heart to heart with everyone. Our drummer brought up how he felt like after 4 years of being together we haven't gotten much progress done, and that's true. He said he's lost the starry-eyed gaze that we had when we first started out and has become more realistic in his idea on where our band can go. Though he told us that he hasn't been putting in much effort in trying to get us shows and linking up with other local bands because of his job, he says he still loves playing with us and thinks we make better music now than we ever have before. Right now we're trying harder to book us some gigs and tomorrow we're going into the studio, but I'm extremely heartbroken because I feel like I'm chasing after something unrealistic and maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

>>tfw you fuck with weeb neets on Sup Forums
who would be so stupid to do this? if this is what really happened then this general got exactly what it deserved end of story

If I want to install a tremelo on my tele, should I take it into a shop or just install it myself? How much do you think it would run me to have someone else do it?

goodnight zachy

What kind of banjo should I get? ($500ish)

Don't forget to smile when you're having fun, Marty!

If you're planning a Kahler like pic related, and if you're somewhat confident with a router then it's only one hole you'd have to route on top. But I think with Kahlers it's preferred the neck be angled, but they were originally designed for Strat retrofits so you'll probably be fine. If you want a double-locking system, a Floyd nut is better, but it's not worth the work to retrofit one on a non-locking neck. The Kahler nuts are beyond easier to install, but I've seen them with varied success. Otherwise if you're not doing Kerry King wankery, you could look into locking tuners.

Sup /gg/?
can you guys redpill me on the Epiphone Les Paul? Is it really just a kids toy compared to a gibson, or is it a guitar that's good within it's own right? the plus top pro, specifically.

pic related

Both brands are garbage,

In addition, how would it compare to a G&L?

How so?

>How so?
Go to a store and play them instead of asking retarded questions that require you to go play them to understand.

best advice ever given in /gg/ right here

I've played one before, I was just asking general thoughts and ownership qualms, that aren't obvious at a store floor level

lol why didn't you help him /gg/

why should anyone?

it's an overpriced chink shitplank it doesn't matter what you buy if that's where your thinking is right now

good question what an idiot, right

thanks so much man i really appreciate your helpful input.

this is more the advice I was looking for, what would you suggest instead?

TIL froosh is Chad

you want a les paul? then go buy a les paul. fucking make it happen. get a second job. eat bologna sandwiches. sell blood

trust me if you can't make that happen you're not going to make anything else happen either

sounds good, but bologna sucks. maybe i can go sell a kidney somewhere and go straight to an R7

I suggest you go try them and make your own decisions instead of asking strangers on the internet that may or may not know anything and cannot possibly articulate what is good or bad about what you may or may not be interested in with your stupid, vague posts.

tl;dr you're a moron and i'm trying to help you but you're a moron so you don't understand that

>that aren't obvious at a store floor level
They're shit, as I already said. Epiphone is trash, and Gibson hasn't been good for years unless you are buying their custom shop guitars, but that's how it is for Fender too with few exceptions.

I fucking hate you idiots that can't do your own research and get people to spoonfeed you, and then have the balls to deny the only real advice you'll get being as if you know better when you're asking in the first place.

You're an idiot, and fuck you.

you can get a nice 90s les paul classic for $1500. if you can't swing that within a few months then I don't know what the fuck you think your doing, playing music ain't no cheap ride at the county fair

I value the opinions of random ass people more than paid or biased online reviews and chad from the local store. I just want people with experience to help me understand flaws.

in regards to the last comment, I can't, i'm saving it for marriage.