Today is 31 years since the Chernobyl disaster

Today is 31 years since the Chernobyl disaster.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C532kGa7j1A
youtube.com/watch?v=GKz9Q0FutMQ
youtu.be/lc3Zutim5KU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was 14 days old, don't remember it desu

how's it going, gramps?

good, now get back to school

how are my fellow mutants doing?

also reminder to eat your wild shrooms

how many euros actually died from radioactive cancer? news seem exaggerated

>how are my fellow mutants doing?

This can't be exaggerated

aллo, этo впч 2?

I was born 6 months after Chernobil. I have asperger's, am schizotypal, have a borderline idiot IQ, and severely impaired motor skills...but that's probably just a coincidence.

I wonder if stalker will play in my toaster laptop
it could play metro 2033 just fine

yes, just a coincidence
that's why i asked well i'm not talking about the initial deaths from direct exposure (RIP anonymous firefighters)
but from the aftermath and the acid rains and blah blah

You were born in 1972? Are you shitting me? You were fucking 25 when I was born

>can't buy the game for 7 cents
REEEEEEEEEE
post oldfag hand for proof

you need to redo your maths

?? AFAIK Chernobyl happened in 1986 though? he was born 14 DAYS after

I was three years old when the disaster struck, my mom was working in the radioecology unit, a government lab if you'd like, and everybody was ordered to eat only canned food and all fresh produce that was exposed to radioactive dust had to be trashed. Poor people took their radioactive veggies and ate them anyway, it was a tragedy. And Yugoslavia had it relatively easy, the wind was blowing from the south on that fateful day, deflecting the cloud of radioactive dust towards the north, away from Yugoslavia. I remember everything very well.

>saw a nice documentary about it on youtube
>also saw a nice, short tribute video to the guys sacrificing their lives
>those "bio-robots" only able to work for 10-30 seconds at a time removing the irradiated waste
>bio-robot collapsing mid run
>the guy in the helicopter dumping sand into the reactor core opening the helicopter door and stumbling back as the camera goes bright from the radiation
>the dead first responders' clothes being left in the hospital basement and still giving off deadly levels of radiation decades later
>those two guys swimming in the radioactive water to unflood the water below the reactor knowing they will die
>tfw both videos are gone now and I never saved them

Fucking youtube, stop deleting shit!

>it was a tragedy
yeah, gimme examples because that's what i asked

btw since you're more or less my age do you remember this? youtube.com/watch?v=C532kGa7j1A

>radioctive supposed to turn the surrounding into barren wasteland.
>Chernobyl is pretty much a forest full of thriving animals now.

>thriving animals
not just yet
Hiroshima on the other hand...
youtube.com/watch?v=GKz9Q0FutMQ

rip

try looking up re-uploads in vimeo or dailymotion

Imagine being poor to the point where you have to dumpster dive for food, and then imagine being poor and desperate to the point where you have to eat literal radioactive compost.

btw. those Italia '90 footballs didn't last well, everybody had one and they'd become absolutely tattered after a few matches. Don't remember this video, I had a black&white TV in those days and the programming was lame to the point where even dumb kids didn't care to watch it.

>aллo, этo впч 2

Bloody hell, that's creepy as fuck.

youtu.be/lc3Zutim5KU

eh, but Jugo got to the quarter finals, lost to Argentina (can't remember the score, google says it was on penalties shootout)

and what i meant is if many of those poor people died or if they survived and all that

nobody knows - the vast majority of compost-eating people were senior citizens who were about to kick the bucket anyway so any radiation-related deaths were simply chalked up as brought about by natural causes.

meh, so i'm right. it is exaggerated news, though of course the real drama was "hidden" (so hidden that there are youtube video uploads of it)

> born 8 months after Chernobyl
> now 30 years old and shitposting on Sup Forums
That's why we need safe Gen IV reactors.

6 million

Happy Chernobyl

Mмммм.... 2-ч....

ДBAЧ УMEP B 2009, ЭTO HAЗЫBAETCЯ COCAЧ!

>tfw people use chernobyl to scaremonger muh scary nuclear energy
>tfw more people die every month from coal than from every nuclear power "disaster" ever (and that's when coal and other dirty energy don't have disasters themselves)
>tfw people unironically believe that memes like wind and solar will ever be able to compare to nuclear

>OMG i thought noone else could be born before me!!!
calm your autism

Loners > Duty > Military> shit > Monolith > b*ndits > Freedom