What's is the price of a big ship like in the pic?

what's is the price of a big ship like in the pic?

Other urls found in this thread:

marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:2/centery:52/zoom:8
google.hr/url?q=http://www.pfst.unist.hr/uploads/00-Osnove%20brodskog%20stabiliteta.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjtsYyU5NzMAhXEnBoKHRZeBiYQFggQMAI&sig2=HQhpdY-3cPra3gBX_1sZYg&usg=AFQjCNGIWzxx6hpMcq2xrC40G_Shj8uruA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bout tree fiddy

Buying or leasing?

You can rent a superfreighter for less than the Renz for a Ferrari

planning a heist?

Free

First post meme post

Four ewes

My brain will never grasp the fact that boats like that just float and don't sway.

>tfw work on one of these
>tfw work three weeks straight and come home with $6K

>performing manual labor like some sort of lowly slave

Engineers and deck crew don't come cheap. and without OS or AB's the thing will turn to rust very quickly

Couple hundred thousand dollars if you buy a used & rusting hulk from the 1970's. Tens of millions if you want a new one with all the bells and whistles.

Operating costs are what kills you in the end. Costs thousands of dollars a day to crew and maintain a ship, and fuel ain't cheap. Plus you need insurance, and you need to actually pay your crew, and there's the taxes and so on.

The boat is cheap. The crew is expensive. The insurance to protect you from being ruined forever by pirates or weather is more expensive. When WWIII breaks out you will die before you realize there's a war.

A container ship that size will have a freeboard of around 10 metres. Pirates go for boats that sit low in the water

>Tfw I work on a Tanker.
>Tfw 12K euro per month.
>Tfw chief engineer

Said literally every kike ever. Like, literally literally. It's in their holy text.

thanks hans

will just rent one of thses bad boys next time instead when I go down to south beach

It's called Capo of machine

you get em forra dollar nowadays - literally, they built too many (and too big), China making less, overcapacity, industry total fucked.

Was some family shipping firm (prob. Greek) bought back about 10-12 ships from the public traded side for a buck apiece not long back, cant be arsed findng link tho.

>working for euros

Bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly

your point?

14 million

6 million

Which company do you work for?

>tfw when i was a Zodiac cadet

I don't know, but there are a fuckton of them around the world. See link for live tracking...

marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:2/centery:52/zoom:8

My wife ordered a German car last month. It's right now on the ship in the pic. Takes 10 days to cross the Atlantic.

about 80 MIO Euro

maersk is big

The price of a very large Containership is absurd, two sister second-hand ships (about 5 years old if I remember correctly) sold for about $98 million each a few months ago
Newbuildings can cost hundreds of millions for the extremely huge ones.

But they are wildly unprofitable and are losing money very fast right now. Many are laid up (i.e. anchored and abandoned) waiting for the market to improve.

Ships over the age of 15 are typically scrapped today, because the market is shit.
They built too many and too big ones, and demand for cheap chinese shit didn't keep up.

For dry bulk carriers, the biggest ships which carry ore from Brazil and Australia to China, cost about $35 million for a new one and $20 million for a 5-year old ship today. Their running costs are about $8k per day, excluding finance costs, and they're currently earning about $4.5k a day.
They used to earn $250k a day for a brief period in 2008, and they would cost $110-120 million for a new one.

Oil tankers are currently doing fine, a newbuilding VLCC, which carries two million barrels of oil, costs about $90 million today. A 5 year old ship costs about $75 million. They make about $50k a day, most of which is profit.
Oil tankers are very profitable today so they are not scrapped at the age of 15 like the other two. Ships from the 1990s are still making money.

Source: my ass. It's also my job

How does that not tip over?

>no Jadroplov
>no Tankerska plovidba
>no Splitska plovidba
>no Atlantska plovidba
>no Jugolinija
Oh how mighty have fallen

/thread

google.hr/url?q=http://www.pfst.unist.hr/uploads/00-Osnove%20brodskog%20stabiliteta.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjtsYyU5NzMAhXEnBoKHRZeBiYQFggQMAI&sig2=HQhpdY-3cPra3gBX_1sZYg&usg=AFQjCNGIWzxx6hpMcq2xrC40G_Shj8uruA

There are lots containers inside the cargo holds. Ideally, the heavy ones. The Chief Officers does the maths to make sure the ship is balanced and compensates with balast tanks.

Car carrier likes pic related are very bad for tipping

Jew here. I bust my ass nightly at a bar, so you're wrong about "every kike ever".

I've never been on a car carrier, my job is mostly about dry bulk carriers

But they must sway a lot, I bet it's tough not to vomit all over that guy's new Audi in a storm

jewish container

>tfw want to work on a freighter or an oil platform because I have nothing to leave behind anyway but have no useful skills and a bA in business

cute dolphins

Look in to Maritime Security user. Good money there and you get a chance to shoot nigger pirates.

>not a container filled up with hamburgers

You can probably find a shitty hulk somewhere in the world right now but it's engines won't work. Also have to beat the scrappers to it.

That's a terrible idea, pirates are going wild in Nigeria and the straits around Singapore these days and unlike the Somalis they don't capture the ship they just take the people on board hostage

The shipowners only care about the ship and cargo, nobody gives a fuck about hostages

The import market is suffering that badly?

Sounds good, but don't you need some kind of marine experience for that? I wouldn't mind actually serving first, but I can't as I wear contacts.

Even less now mate

Yeah, must be hard handing people beer.

Trade volume is flat or only growing very little every year
But they built a lot of ships because outside "funds" thought shipping was not yet fully taken advantage of so they poured in a lot of money and built a lot of terrible ships at shitty Chinese shipyards because fund managers don't understand why Chinese ships are worthless
And now the market is flooded and there's a lot more capacity on ships than the need for goods to be transported

At least the funds got their lesson after losing billions and are now pulling out of shipping. Some German banks are getting rid of all shipping loans and assets in general too.

Most shipowners are former captains who understand the sea and the market. I have never met a banker or fund manager in this business who knew anything about shipping.
This is why 90% of shipowners will not even consider Chinese ships for example, but bankers see no problem in them.

You'd be surprised.

That's like telling an auto mechanic "all you do is change tires."

kek, I bet you're some manager or owner's son that """""works""""" """""hard""""" slavedriving your employees

Actually nope. It's amazing what a resume and a desirable work rthic will get you.

It's tough, stressful work when we get busy but I can spend time on a Laotian cutlery board during the day and fufill my social needs at my job. Heck, I even get laid from just being good at work.

>Chinese ships are worthless

Why? What's wrong with the chinese ships?

They don't perform

All the mechanical parts break down constantly and repeatedly.

We recently had a client who wanted to look at a 2011 Chinese bulker in Rotterdam being auctioned and we heard the ship destroyed its engine on the way to South America, it was fully repaired, then when it arrived in Rotterdam the engine was ruined once again.
He didn't even bother to look at it any further.

>DONG
>FANG

>destroyed its engine
Aren't their engines made by MAN?

"Should've got that insured got Geiko for your money."-Kanye

ok that's sounds really shitty.

What are the best shipyards atm? S-Korea? Who builds the state of the art commercial ships nowadays and how do they come ahead in the competition? Is it about the price mostly?

They cost 900 gorillion shekels

will 3D printers kill these? Or will they just kill China, as countries still need raw materials?

why is this on pol

FUCK OFF DIRTY ROMANIAN AND GET OUT OUR COUNTRY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MAN engines are reliable but they do need constant checks and basic maintenance just like every other engine.

>be a bartender
>bust ass
Pick one.

Being a bartender has to be the easiest gig on the planet. All you do is stand in a 10 ft corridor and hand people drinks. On top of your hourly wage you probably walk away with a good amount of tips as well.

I'm a manager at a pizza place which means I do what you do, but I also do everything else as well, and even then I don't think it's a very hard job.

MAN design, but made by whom?

Some Chinese ships use Japanese or Korean-made engines, but the majority use Chinese made ones which are shit.

Japan is considered the ultimate in quality, the difference between the yards are mainly the specs.

Also some other things to take into consideration, for example the President of Oshima (I don't know if it's still true) would outright refuse to deal with Greek shipowners.

I saw one of those FLYING up the San Diego harbor. It was weird seeing a boat that size moving that fast, and NOT creating a wake.