This is light from the american deathnote

how does this make you feel Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0am-2Jwg4NU
youtube.com/watch?v=tXzeGPmgz6E
youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well...at least they casted Ryuk perfectly.

Looks canadian

I thought they casted some black guy as him..

I don't remember who Light is, but at least he is white

Looks better than the guy in his base form.

He looks like that bonger edgelord that dupes alt-righters out of their money and then embarrasses himself on tv

god what an uggo

hes jewish.

L is black, pic related

Most punchable face in Hollywood right now?

I'LL TAKE A POTATO CHIP...............

>a black hacker

hahaha yeah right

You had fucking ONE JOB HOLLYWOOD

WELL

JAPS ARE EFFAY FUCCBOIS SO IT MAKES SENSE

GOOD CASTING THEN

Oh shit that would have been great actually....damn

Heres my question-people went batshit over scarlet being cast but this white jew gets cast as light and the sjws dont bat an eyelid?

is that the reason they cast the black guy?
its ok to racebend as long as theres a black guy somewhere, does no one see the hyprocrisy here?

fucking tell me about it

the casting for this movie is so bad

Light is supposed to be like a grade-A top-tier handsome as fuck alpha male

L is supposed to be this antisocial, pale, emaciated sperg genius

So they casted a michael cera wannabe for Light and a random black dude for L.

i mean jesus it really doesnt fit the characterization its going to be so bad

im honestly stunned they could miss the point this badly

>Light is supposed to be like a grade-A top-tier handsome as fuck alpha male
>L is supposed to be this antisocial, pale, emaciated sperg genius

I got chu senpai

Keep crying Sup Forumseddit
wingard actually turned this Sup Forumseddit pandering trash into something good

>It's an "Ellu wrubbu's raito's feet" episode

well, at least we have based DaFoe as ryuk

thought that was my step bro for a minute.

>look up who ryuk is

Oh dear sweet Jesus yes, Willaim Dafoe is perfect, my only dissapointment is that it is only going to be as a voice actor, just put the guy in some face paint and bondage gear and you have a perfect live action Ryuk.

LITERALLY SPOT ON

i dont care not waching this shit.

I remember when everyone was bitching that Zac efron would have god awful as light but now in hindsight he would have been decent compare to this.

willem as ryuk is honestly perfect casting, just dip him in white paint and die his hair black and put in some orange contacts and you're good to go

no. L should be Ezra Miller and Raito should be Dane Deehan

fuck even these awful photoshopped fanpics look better than whats being made

Wait, wtf they cast L as a black guy... God fucking damnit!

L is already the epitome of a multiracial character, half Japanese and a quarter Italian and something else.

Christ, he isn't going to look or act anything like L is he?

Fucker probably won't even slouch, will wear shoes, eat fucking kale, and regularly run laps in the gym while drinking malt liquor I bet.

Not gonna lie, I'm still really bummed that we didn't get to see that.

>Not getting the joke post

dude......

Looks surprisingly like a good adaption to me. Now I just hope he can actually act worth a shit

Your characterization of Light is total bullshit.

>Italian
Pretty sure he's half-English.

is that jimmy fallon?

with jews you lose.

>it's an "L makes yet another leap of logic, getting one step closer to the identity of someone who, realistically, would have to be a literal retard to ever get caught" episode

No they don't

>NETFLIX

OH

THE AGE OF WEEBKINO QUICKLY DEFLATED

Really? I thought his characterization of Light was pretty spot-on. That's exactly what he was like in the manga, the anime, and I'm pretty sure the live-action movies, too. He was a pretty popular preppy-type, outside of his whole Kira persona.

It's amazing how some tumblrinas and a few anons have a better eye for this shit than a multi-billion dollar studio.

how fucked up would that world have to be in order for someone to look at a couple of criminals getting heart attacks and think "i think we have a murderer on our hands"

What the fuck is this ? Is this malnourished boy his supposed to try to show his sex appeal ? That's not even twink worthy, it's looked shoa'ed...

cant be worse than the faggot potato-looking guy they had for the jap version

jews and meme trendy actors
>suddenly hundreds of criminals die the exact same way at the exact same time every day
>not suspicious at all
come on now

Really faggot? you honestly think this looks better?!

people would think it's strange but with lack of evidence there wouldn't even be an investigation
they would just go "all these people died and they seem to have died of natural causes" then they'd dismiss the case

He has literally never been in a good film
battle royal was shit too

>not Dane DeHaan as Light or even Charls

Not Rami Malek

fuck no.

Compared to what you're posting yes

Then you need to go to specsavers.

that's why L tested it, to see if it was someone doing it. And thats also why there was assigned a special unit, because it was a exceptional case. Did you even watched the thing or are you just cherrypicking like a faggot?

except he would have no grounds for an investigation at all other than a suspicion, a suspicion is not grounds for investigation, you need evidence

>Netflix starts making a death note movie
>figure that means the anime will stay on there for quite a while
>plan to watch it next month
>check the other day
>anime isn't available anymore
what a fucking waste, Netflix

NETFLIX KEEPS PULLING LICENSED CONTENT

THEY WANT IT TO ALL BE THEIRS

THERE AREN'T ENOUGH NETFLIX ORIGINALS AND FAR FROM ENOUGH GOOD NETFLIX ORIGINALS

ITS SHIT SERVICE NOW, AMAZON IS LITERALLY BETTER

well if you do, watch until L creates his "new world", you'll know what I mean.

not L, light I mean

>Wait, wtf they cast L as a black guy... God fucking damnit!

They're changing the races of all the other characters to fit an American setting. There's really nothing strange about making one of them black, since 15% of Americans are black.

>L is already the epitome of a multiracial character, half Japanese and a quarter Italian and something else.

Light and Misa were Japanese in the anime, but in this movie they're white. Why not bitch about that instead? And L was half-English.

Especially once you factor in the shipping Amazon Prime is GOAT. Almost everything on Netflix sucks. Even Hulu has better stuff.
I already know what you mean, I do a yearly viewing every October. Thanks Netflix.

>he thinks cops don't investigate suspicious activity

That's pretty much their entire job.

Imagine if the movie began with this song.

youtube.com/watch?v=0am-2Jwg4NU

That'd be pretty dope.

>start watching anime
>expect cool look into what would happen if some edgy kid could kill people anonymously
>instead: get tedious cat and mouse "thriller" whose outcome hinges on some bullshit "rules" for using the Death Note that the writers came up with to keep the story going

I don't know why I kept watching after the end of the first season either

Hollywood is trying to enforce an agenda, not create movies.

>Imagine if the movie began with this song.

Isn't that how the show started too? Wouldn't exactly be a big creative leap for them to take. Although I do think they could save themselves a lot of time and money by using the show's original soundtrack for the whole thing, it was pretty good.

this is why I prefer code geass, it's really just about lelouch abusing his power and fucking up all the way to the top

>>start watching anime

SPOTTED YOUR FIRST MISTAKE

um

No, the show started with your average garbage japanese hard metal OP

No, Code Geass is about random silly shit going one guy's way for no apparent reason. I was really disappointed, people told me it was this cool show based on a revolution/power struggle in an alternate timeline but instead I just got Mecha Anime Mind Control Batman.

I meant after the shitty OP

Skip to 1:49

youtube.com/watch?v=tXzeGPmgz6E

>random silly shit going one guy's way for no apparent reason
wut, it was pretty straightforward

oh yeah my mistake

Yeah this kept bugging me. Would have been more believable had L already come into contact with a death notes existence before.

>MC is a teenager with genius-level intellect who effortlessly outwits adults

I'm fed up with Mary-Sues in anime

>Mecha Anime Mind Control Batman.

That's why I loved it desu

People don't know how to write geniuses, because people who are geniuses don't become tv show writers. So they basically assume that genius=magic powers. The best example of this is the Sherlock BBC series.

Literally the only smart thing L did was narrow down the Death Note holder to Japan. Everything else was Light being an ultra-mongoloid and involving himself with the police

Read/watch Berserk. After the first arc it's literally just some superhuman dude fucking anything up that stands in his way.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

berserk's OP is so comfy

My god Wingard, you're going to make this DN your emo/goth hipster combo. But with no flair.

>WILL
WIRR

what did you expect. Light just killing everyone and succeeding on his plan? not exactly a interesting plot you know. The mind games chase is the best thing of the anime also.
>bullshit "rules"
do you even know anything about writing? how the hell would you write it without rules? Plus the way they get around the rules is 50% of the fun.

ikr. I might be too paranoid but I refrain myself from saying stuff here afraid of it being used against me in court some time in the future. How can a supposed "genius" not the think of the most obvious stuff

I like Berserk because Guts actually had to work at becoming a badass. I can even suspend my disbelief with his XBOXHUEG sword, considering he always trained with an oversized weapon.

This fault in our stars faggot is the worst possible choice.

He's the weird stoner friend from Atlanta, right? Pretty good casting tvh

Holy fucking goddam. Even if they just release footage with him with those motion track balls on it would be totally worth it - if a little holy rollers.

ANYWAY

I don't think we should mourn the Americanisation of this show. It became shit. It killed itself. As Racist Mel Gibson said at the start of Apocalypto A society can only be conquered when it has destroyed itself from within

>Racist Mel Gibson
opinion discarded

The only bit in this series that approached an impressively smart plan which made sense was the shit on the train and in the coach (and even the coach was a bit fringe).

It is a great premise for a show, and got me routing for a serial killer, but then it all unravelled through smart people being either a) extremely stupid or b) insanely lucky.

Yeah fuck this show.

>on the train and in the coach
what in the fuck are you talking about

Oh hun.

looks like a gook with dyedhair desu.

You know, the iconic scenes that take place on a train, and in a coach.

The first with names being written on paper and emails being recieved. The second with a gunman and a deathgod being seen.

He's a retarded Brit

He's trying to say train and bus, or the ones with Rey Penber

>coach
are you talking about the bus? I don't remember the train you're talking about but I read coach as in a stagecoach at first.

honestly don't see whats wrong with this and or the L choice. The reason I say this is because the anime like all animes the main characters all look like J pop stars and thats fucking gay. In a real life version we wouldn't have Zac Efron or the Flash as the le crazy geniuses that teleport behind the adults outwitting everyone. Let them look a little more homely makes it better I think. Only people that would disagree are tumblr weeb faggots