Afternoon Sup Forums. It's cookie guy from a few nights ago. You know what time it is? Fucking cookie time

Afternoon Sup Forums. It's cookie guy from a few nights ago. You know what time it is? Fucking cookie time.

I have that leftover dough, and I want to try an experiment this time. I made a fuss about rounding your cookies fresh but gave leeway if it was cold. Let's see what happens if you pre-flatten cold dough before. Along cookies. I'll do 2 round balls for control, two smooshed to be half as tall as they are wide, and two flattened to a third as tall as they are wide. All cookies will have the same amount of cold dough overall.

Dough still looks good.

My scale is broken, so well have to make these the same volume. I'll assume the dough is already a homogenous mixture, roll it flat, square it and cut it into six.

Squared and scored. Let's fire up the oven!

Aaaand here they are! Oven's hot, let's put them in and check up on about 7 min

im praying for you op

The half flattened ones were odd. They didn't so much get wider as they did just flatten the top and bottom hemispheres into more of a cylinder than a sphere. The 1:3 ratio cookies definitely expanded though. I'm assuming they will be thin and crispy crunchy sorts if cookies, while the half flats will be only a bit wider and thinner than the spheres. The spheres should be very soft in the middle.

Unemployment gets boring.

Results are ready!

Can...can I have one?

Sort of. They have to cool. The control and 1/2 cookies are pretty similar visually, with the 1/3 cookies definitely thinner, wider and darker.

Only if you happen to be in Denver

Lol whoops

Bottoms are all done to about the same degree.

Looking at the crumb, I'm surprised that the flat cookies are still a bit soft. They don't snap so much as bend, though that might change as they cool. The sphere was a bit doughy in the very center, and the 1/2 cookie was evenly baked throughout, and soft.

Not even close to Denver...
All the way on the east coast.

Bummer...
Enjoy your cookies dude. They look great.

Sometimes when I'm baking cookies I like to severely undercook them, like 7-10 minutes in the oven, and then eat them.

You should bake some cookies today too!

And there you have it Sup Forums, more cookie knowledge so that you too can be an epic baker at home. Keep the faith, eat a cookie.

-cookie guy

Yeah then you should be able to find some Cabbot butter and make EPIC cookies. I'm jealous.

They look raw.