Americans will defend this

Americans will defend this

You goddamn right we will you goddamn right

I'm American and I think this shit is retarded as fuck.
Not to mention cups>pints>quarts>gallons

Not defending it

they cant.

protip: they're morons

Suggesting base 10 is the best means you are retarded.

Base 12 is the best system.

Writing dates as M/D/Y makes some sense.

EX: November 5th, 2007

Though you could say 5th of November, 2007.

This could go either way

They know it's bad.

Also the Month Day Year format is from the simpler way to say the date

Januray 5th, 1972
versus
5th of January, 1972

All of the american measuring systems are based on equating existing measurements to existing quantities.

12 inches is a purist starting point on a base 12 system and was used to represent the foot after that shit got messy and a new system should be in place.

For fluids it was largely base 2 until you get to weird existing things like barrels, instead of dividing the barrel into a decimal we just gave it a value of 1 barrel.

you know there's like two other countries beside america that dosen't use the meter system

Eurofags will continue to bring it up

>implying human scale is bad for small, rough measurement

When i'm doing thing that require precision and accuracy, specifically with volumes or mass, I use metric. When I'm eyeballing and being general, I use standard.

>tfw architects use standard because of said human scale. a regular interior door is 1981 mm x 762 mm, or 6ft 6in x 2ft 6in.

You tell me which is simpler.

>MMDDYYYY

Makes sense because in conversational American English we speak dates as "November 8th" instead of "The 8th of November."

The measurements for distance, weight, etc. are more closely related to the human body. They are also usually multiples or factors of 12, which makes them easy to manipulate and divide, especially in measurements.

kek

Not really. It's pretty dumb. We should really convert.

Yes with our guns.

>eurofags

you do realize that virtually every other country in the world uses the metric system, right?
Just other 2 countries aside from 'Merica keep using the imperial system. Liberia and some turd-rate chink country I can remember right now.

>Not knowing the US has been on the Metric System for decades now and only uses the "Imperial" system for informal non-industry related contexts

GTFO

>6ft 6in x 2ft 6in
Just call it 2mx80cm, done.

Lol

>correct, international standard, logical smooth sailing
YYYY MM DD HH MM SS MS

>incorrect, american standard, needs to move or omit one unit from the scale to become correct
MM DD YYYY HH MM SS MS

>even less correct, full retard, euro-peon joke of a "standard", needs to move or omit two units from the scale to become correct
DD MM YYYY HH MM SS MS

basically, follow the international standard

butthurt amerifag detected

>2mx80cm

200cm*80cm or 2mx0,8m

It's all about emotional understanding versus logical organization. Inches, feet, lb, etc all derive from a very visceral basis. They're a unit that they feel is more relevant to you intuitively. A foot is roughly the size of a foot, a yard is the length of a stride, an inch is the length of the first knuckle of your finger. The lack of consistency or precision is moot because the system is more about guesstimation. Yes, if you're raised in metric you have the same visceral connection, but the PERCEIVED benefit is the relation to the body.

Also worth noting, America is OFFICIALLY a "metric" country. The legal standards for ft, inch, mile, etc are all define in metric. An inch, for instance, is legally defined as exactly 2.54cm.

this. most people just use the metric system for most things aside from a few informal things that don't really matter.

cant meme your way out of this one burgers

Metric should be used for all measurements on the grounds o base 10 being simpler and more consistent than the hodge-podge system we Americans use.

However, dates should be kept as is at least for the English-speaking world. I can't say about other languages, but common usage has us saying "August 3rd" not "the 3rd of August". The latter is archaic from a usage standpoint, and isn't effective language because it isn't concise. It's not wrong per se, but is definitely more awkward.

>Just call it 2mx80cm

Except it isn't. It's 1.981x0.762 meters.

Or are you suggesting that a tolerance of 2 cm is normal or even acceptable in finished construction?

"durr I'm American but I'll go along with whatever you say, please like me?" faggot, stand by your shit and stop being a little bitch.

the way the date is presented makes no difference, it's just the very fact of having two different ways of arranging the month and the day that causes all of the confusion. the majority of the world uses day/month/year, it would be far easier for America to conform rather than change everyone else like it always thinks it can (and never does).

>the majority of the world uses day/month/year
actually the majority of the world uses ISO8601 or POSIX time

But my teeth are perfect!

This is because english is a retarded language

stop it, you know it's bad.

so are mine, thanks to universal healthcare. if you are referring to Britain, they are in the process of leaving the EU. so yeah. there you go.

we do it cause it's funny and we are still the best

Ivy leagues

Listen, OP. I worked in manufacturing in the US, making cutting tools. Specifically endmills and drills. We use both metric and standard frequently in the US.

Typically, the only real advantage to using metric is if you're using a CNC machine that's accurate to a certain number of DECIMAL PLACES.

For instance, most CNC grinding machines have the option of:
MM or INCH

Because the smallest movement you can make is +/- 0.001, the MM offers a much finer adjustment. However, it's rare that you'll need that kind of precision in manufacturing.

Hey chill out retard, maybe he can't get pissed about a thing he has no control over and can't change.

Burma

America
>M/D/Y...August Third, 2017 or 08/03/2017
>Makes perfect sense and is the American way, the right way.
Eurofags, Eurocunts, Eurobitches and other equally useless countries
>D/M/Y...Third August 2017 or 03/08/2017.
>Your shit's retarded and you talk like a fag.

base ten is just as abitrary as any other base

kek

Brilliant user simply brilliant

HMFUK MYOUH OP GOD BHHHLESH MERKA

As an American, I wish we used the metric system, and the dmy date system makes sence but I'd have to get used to it. But I'd be damned if I use Celsius. Celsius is shit for the public use. I need a way to measure temperature with numbers I'm going to see on a daily basis. I need 100° to be hot not so fucking hot water boils.