Why does a manual transmission scare Americans?

Why does a manual transmission scare Americans?

Im American and I drive manual. Most people are lazy as fuck though and don't want to learn.

american who only owns manual...

I guess most people driving is not for fun.. it's a chore.. simply a necessary means of transportation where the less effort required to the action the better. It doesn't appeal to me, but it makes sense.. if i had to spend hours per day in a car, i would want an auto too.

They don't. I fact, my car model was never even made with an automatic

This. I get around just fine in an automatic car. Hopping on the motor cycle makes it worth it.

I'm not even murrca, but, it's outdated, fuel inefficient, distracting, dangerous, illogical, cumbersome, lame, poser tier, overrated and only effective if you are a race car driver, which you're not.

>if i had to spend hours per day in a car, i would want an auto too.
When I was in school and still delivering pizzas, the only way to make it fun was to have a shitty little racerboi car with a manual transmission. It keeps your mind busy for a little while before the boredom sets in.

Because it's hard for them to shift and eat a hamburger at the same time.

this, i fucking hate manual transmission, is so annoying and unnecessary

This. I love driving that's why I manual. People who just want to get to B don't give a fuck so when all the teslas are running around auto-driving they'll not notice or care.

i fuycujing , thanks

Some of us actually enjoy driving though, and a manual adds to the involvement

>fuel inefficient
Shows how much you know. The only autos that are more fuel efficient than manuals (in general) are dual clutch automatics, which are basically just computer-controlled manual transmissions with a second clutch. Normal automatics use a viscous coupling that is highly inefficient at transferring power. Standard transmissions are "outdated" but they are simple, and efficient because of that.

It's exercise.

What century are you in

Different perception of driving. Average American commute is usually 30m-1hr of traffic. Driving a manual in traffic is a nightmare. Terrain in America is rough and the torque converter on automatics make it easier to negotiate. The less torquey style of driving from not having to clutch is more comfortable, and especially better in snow and rain. Stalling and/or blowing a diff on a bum gear shift is a major fear because of American's aggressive driving and road-ragers. Plus, the "get them to work" mentality gets kids in cars at 15 and an automatic is easier to teach them on, if not the best way to learn how to drive.

Due to interbreeding with niggers their brains are too small to cope.

>be burger
>learn to Drive automatic
>think they can actually drive

Tesla is a good car, but the alignment suck cause its made by amercans, and they have terrible quality, just terrible. doors on teslas arent even hanging straight LOL and for that price they really should, but ye move the production to a better country :D

I drive a 04 mini cooper S with a 6 manual speed. One part of my drive puts me in a 2-3 mph uphill climb for about 1/2 a mile.
For most driving manuals are fun and involved, but for low speed uphill, they fucking blow. For a 2,500 lb vehicle that runs ~180 hp there is not enough mass in a clutch to make it pleasurable to do a very low speed hill climb.

BS. I love my manual for long drives but anything in the same weight and engine size range after 2010 gets better gas mileage. Computer controlled shifting has changed the game.

It doesnt u stupid faggot.

I can drive anything with wheels and most things without.

Fucking come at me

Standards are fine. U get into the habbit. But pumping a fucking truck clutch in fucking bumper to bumper traffic in rush hour is for the fucking birds

user has never been stuck in a 4x4 i see...

It doesn't

>bait thread?

bait bread!

This is true. However its pretty fucking hard to work a du p bed or climb hills in a shitty allison tranny

traffic

they are still a lot more common than you would think though

Two out of three of my cars are manual transmission.

I grew up loving my old granny geared wheelie poping 4 speed. Then others. Then i drove a truck for a bit.

Will never own a fucking standard again.

If you are that needy for a floor agifter just get an automatic floor shifter and a manual valve body and hit the gas

why would I want it to be harder to drive my car? the only reason I can see to have a standard in america is so niggers don't steal it

I'm in the US, I've never even owned an automatic and neither has my wife. I wish people were forced to have manual here, they wouldn't be such shit tier drivers.

It doesn't. I drive a truck with manual im a Murcian. I also use the metric system also as well as standard.

Sorry potato sentence structure. I am on cell driving and typing with my manual.

> it's a chore
Britfag here; pretty much this. My town is pretty much bumper to bumper traffic the entire time.
You spend your whole life going first, second, first, stop, move a bit, stop, move, second, OMFG THIRD, second, first, stop, move, stop. You spend your whole life with your god damn left foot on the clutch.

The only good thing about a manual is the ability to drop it down a gear and fucking roar past people (usually cyclists)

The traffic thing is bullshit. Back in the day when clutches were mechanical yeah your leg would get tired after a while but today everything is hydraulic and a granny with a bad knee can pump those things all day long.

One problem now it is a PITA to even find a normal car with a manual. I had to drive 3 hours to buy my used 2013 focus because I would only buy one with a manual trans and nobody had one. With a sports car of coarse it is more common but no so much with your average commuter type of car. Most aren't even available with a manual.

You just aren't dedicated enough

You should ask your husband why you're wrong

>this thread again? Fine

>get on my level faggot.

they are literally driving you fucking simple minded fuck

>blowing a diff on a bum gear shift

What 3rd world cardboard car are driving?

Look at their president. Way to represent their laziness and stupidity.

Try driving a semi and tell me that clutch isnt a mutherfucker

Its not the weight its the repetitive motion.

We aren't talking about semis hear asshat. We are talking about regular cars/trucks..

See

come at me bro

I had to pay extra to get my car with a standard transmission and it wasn't worth it

You realize how bad auto accidents would increase? People can't use turn signals, merge, or even pay attention without killing someone or totalling their car.

I, as an american, welcome automatics for idiots. I can't wait for self driving cars either. Fucking idiots.

Pic with timestamp as proof that is your real truck. Not some shit tier pic downloaded off of google.

It doesn't.

I wish people would forced to follow the "Smith" driving method

People would be much better drivers if there was a common program everyone followed, there's plenty of shitty drivers using manual

No joke. You think people could understand how to merge. Your point about turn signals and merging can be condensed into a mentality of "I need to race you. I must get in front. It will save me less than one hundredth of a second to be infront."

Fuck this country.

... Fucking hell... I hate this phone. Let me try that again.

I drive manual... and. You just probably have difficulty with it and that's why your making a big deal

Respect!

Driving manual makes you a better and safer driver.

Fight me faggots!

Why do I have an icemaker in my freezer? Oh yeah, because changing and refilling ice cube trays is a pain in the ass and totally unnecessary.

Why do I have a dishwasher? Oh yeah, because washing all my dishes by hand is a pain in the ass and totally unnecessary.

Why do I have power windows in my car? Oh yeah, because cranking them up and down by hand is a pain in the ass and totally unnecessary.

Why do I have an automatic gear shift? Oh yeah...

Lazy distraction addicted duck who believe unjustly that their life is all important, intestine, and only they could manage it.....

Americans everybody.

Bunch of fat lazy fucks

Not fat. Not lazy.

I can just find better things to do with my time than playing with a stick. You know, like fucking your mom.

That's why automatics have something called kickdown...

Jeez... such fukken plebs in here.

/thread

It is a natural progression. I think some people are making the point that manual makes drivers more observant which isn't the case. The real issue is the lack of public transportation. Americans wouldn't need cars if their government spent as much on public works as they do for their killsquad.

Automatics are just a way to allow their 16 year old kids to murder someone because its almost impossible to fail the driver exam. Don't blame the americans. Blame their leaders. Which are abdirect result of the americans. So yeah. Just let them build a wall and play with themselves for 200 years until they go extinct.

Is this serious? Jesus, burgers are the most stupid people that I ever saw.

Routinely eat while driving stick
Routinely do all kinds of distracted driving shit
Send texts and shit on my outdated flip phone while driving

Relatively new (17 model) car with good alignment since I haven't fucked up on to many potholes and shit maintained roads.

Am I a great driver? No. Do I try harder to be? Also no. But I'm still doing better than the americunt ham beast in the lane next to me that's also multi tasking and almost causing accidents

Sure, driving a car really only jeans changing gears...

How many 12yo are in here?

You're mentally retarded if you actually believe this. Manual transmissions have been less efficient for the last 20+ years. The only automatics that are less fuel efficient are shitty old ones that don't have lock-up torque converters. For the current model year almost all automatics have higher gear counts, locking torque converters and are electronically controlled to always shift at the proper moment. for maximum fuel economy.

Like are you literally so retarded that you don't know what a fucking locking torque-converter is? They've been around since before your retarded juvenile ass has.

scared? am i scared of churning butter bc i buy it in tubs? am i scared of cleaning bc i can hire a maid? am i scared of punching you in the mouth bc i can blow you away with an ar 15? fuck you von schnitzel and your autobahn, we have autobahns here too. we call them intercity freeways

It's just a go kart mate learn to drive a real car you fuckin pussy

Everything involved on thinking are scary things, especially for Americans

>really only jeans changing gears...

Is that supposed to be an intelligent statement? Or did word pukebot move over here from >/o/

You're missing the point. They dont give a fuck. About anything. Most people are either high or drunk while they drive especially if they're under 25. They just don't care.

Manual is fun. People in america don't even know what an attractive weight proportion on a girl is. Their leader eats kfc with a fork and knife. Most of them couldn't tell you the last time they ate a balanced diet and worked out. They're basically livestock.

im just messing with you homey.

mad respect for what you do, for real. i live in the sticks and trucking/logging is vital to parts of my family and my state's economy.

>What???

Off yourself dumb ass

why are you scared of a f35 isis? they're music to my ears

Other points aside, even if there was decent investment in public transport (which is terrible, agreed), there would still be a need for cars by a huge portion of Americans because America is just too spread out. Seriously, Eurocunts just don't get it until they come here.

Things in America within a 200km range are considered "nearby" by a lot of Americans. Your church might be that far away. Your grocery store might be that far away. The train station sure as shit might be that far away. Building public transport everywhere is just laughable.

Livestock? Try on path for the idiocracy prophecy. They won't make it.

It's cool. Last time there was a thread like this some faggot told me to get on his level and posted a stock image of an 18sp. He admitted after about 10 minutes that he works in a transmission shop and doesn't drive full time. So my response to you is my common reaponse now.

As spread out as people are, yes. But there are cheaper ways to go about it than burdening the citizens of say ohio (with a large populous) than making them all buy cars. The busses take forever. American cities and states need to start adapting to the increase in population. The western states don't necessarily need to but midwest through eastern states need a public transportation set up that will take the burden of making car payments off of some of the individuals.

Go to the small communities. People bike. Ride golf carts or mopeds. Scooters. Much easier for the consumer to invest in buying when they don't have to buy a car all across the majority of the populated country.

Why do fuckin retards make these threads?

low intelligence

came here for this

I'd love to see what you drive you faggot bitch

Really? Driving a manual makes you a better driver?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

American here BMW 330i steptronic transmission have both manual and auto just sport mode without a clutch

Excellent analysis and counter points faggot...

>American's don't risk thousands of dollars to learn to drive an auto
>Americans are tards
>Hurr durr a few pennies on the gallon makes up for replacing a tranny when learning to drive

Auto is just cheaper in every way. I save 0.03 compared to an shift driver. Kys. I've drove both. The gas you're saving is worthless. Just drive an auto and don't worry about your tranny. Faggot.

why is there 2 rear ?

Because your country has better infrastructure than ours and it sucks to drive stick in heavy traffic.

I work with a lot of Eurofags and they all talk shit about auto when they get here. Fast forward one year and they have no idea why they ever preferred manual in the first place

>hurr durr auto is cheaper
>hurr durr money

we'll see you in 6 months when your shity gearbox will be locked because the oil became solid and you'll pay the max price because you're a lazy ass to change the oil few time to fix it

nigger

Feels bad when you know someone else is right, doesn't it?

Literally the only people who spout shit like
>HURR MANUAL IS THE PURE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Are kids who drive Honda shitvics that their mom and dad paid for.
To anybody who is actually a functioning member of society making a purchase decision on an automobile the choice comes down to
>What is better in my situation?
Sometimes it's the manual. Sometimes it's not.

>6 months
The transmission fluid change interval for automatics is 5 years.

High and low. I never use high. By the time the clutch is out i'm moving at 10+ mph. Its too fast for maneuvering with a trailer.

pro manual here
this. If you live and work in town, where it's bumper2bumper and don't use the car that much, get an auto.

this. be a fucking adult for once and think about the commute you'll be sitting in anyways

>manual transmissions scare Americans

To an American man who likes cars, a manual transmission is recreation.

To anyone who views driving as transportation and not pleasure, it's a chore.

ok thanks for the enlightment

It's not scary. It's just more work and focus. Focus that could be spent on actually driving safer.

The real question: Why are gatekeeping car faggots so scared of autonomous cars. You could just sleep longer on your way to work, and get there faster, and safer.