So I've been reading about Trent Reznor and his escapades on Sup Forums recently and I've decided to get in to nine...

So I've been reading about Trent Reznor and his escapades on Sup Forums recently and I've decided to get in to nine inch nails. I've never heard a song by Nine Inch Nails.

What album should I start out on? I'm seeing pretty much every chart start with The Downward Spiral. Is this correct?

I'll post my reactions as I listen to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qVOHTGYoM6E
youtube.com/watch?v=UR26Fo1972c
youtube.com/watch?v=5v1R_FSI5Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=amMztp1y4i4
youtube.com/watch?v=7RRbrWmaKyU
youtube.com/watch?v=PQz0cAnJVN8
youtube.com/watch?v=-1gz_IxCUUM
nin.wiki/Halo_numbers
youtube.com/watch?v=OCNxWrDm9LM
youtube.com/watch?v=O_5GIIMOLMo
youtube.com/watch?v=XG6BLXrWZ1E&t=228s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hybrid theory

he does curls in the squat rack

Listening to Mr. Self Destruct right now. It's fantastic. The instrumentals are fucking fantastic. Reminds me almost of a Silent Hill kind of ambience or Death Grips.

Pretty Hate Machine and Ghosts I-IV are the albums that got me into them

Start with Pretty Hate Machine.

I'd start with Downward Spiral and continue with The Fragile

I second Hybrid Theory.

Smile, Trent!

Currently most of the way through Closer. Probably the worst track on the album so far. But it's fucking great, easily a 9/10

the fragile

Start with Downward Spiral. Then move to the Fragile. Those are the two 10/10s imo. Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth are also very good, and Ghosts I-IV are some great instrumentals if you like that sort of thing. I really like his last two EPs, so if you liked everything else those are must listens. Most other stuff is skippable imo

*the nine inch nails

Honestly, Year Zero. It's the best entry-level NIN record.

what are/were his escapades on Sup Forums?

he just dropped in and said hi, gave us a file to prove its him and called someone a piece of shit. maybe some other stuff i missed.

He also posted on Sup Forums from his tour bus once.

that one has been proved to be bullshit actually

Start with Year Zero. If you like the more rock-oriented stuff on the record, go to The Downward Spiral, then The Fragile, then The Slip, then With Teeth, then Broken, then Pretty Hate Machine, then fill out the remainder of the discography if you make it that far and are still into NIN at that point.

If you like the mellower or more electronic stuff on Year Zero, go to The Slip, then Hesitation Marks, then Ghosts I-IV, then With Teeth, then The Fragile, then The Downward Spiral, then Pretty Hate Machine, and then fill out the remainder of the discography if you make it that far and are still into NIN at that point.

mfw One play of With_Teeth turned my highschool country music gf into an industrial grill

Damn. Honestly kinda changes my whole outlook on life.

Basically IMO it isn't a good move to start with NIN's most acclaimed records because they give you a pretty narrow view on what NIN was prior to them and what it became after them. Plus, I find that starting with an artist's most acclaimed work can either turn you off because you think it's overrated or not for you, or turn you off the rest of the discography because you've listened to the best stuff first without any sense of build-up or context as to the remainder of the discography.

can you give a link to the archive?

Don't listen to NiN it just gives you false hopes. You think one day you will be cool and loved like Trent but you are all alone and miserable. Thanks for nothing Trent. Fucking Chad normie faggot.

he might not have posted on Sup Forums but he's a pretty hightiered shitposter

don't be mad because he suppressed his inner robot and made it.

he has normie white privilege

Huge fan of NIN since 1994 here. I think the best way would be to listen to the albums and remix EPs in chronological order, to hear how the music changed from era to era.
The order I listened to was Downward Spiral, Broken, PHM, Fixed, Further Down the Spiral, The Fragile, Things Falling Apart.
I'm not a fan of his work after the Fragile era, but I've definitely heard worse records.

Depends on your tastes in music currently. If you enjoy straightforward alt rock, do With Teeth. If you like electronic music, Year Zero and Hesitation Marks. If you like metal or harder alt rock, The Downward Spiral or Broken. If you love all of them, The Fragile.

>HUGE FAN
>i'm not a fan after Fragile but i heard worse

I love Trent so fucking much, he could shitpost here and nobody would be the wiser.

Remember his old twitter escapades

sure i memba

I've only heard a couple of NiN songs but this is one of my favourite Sup Forums images

Get Broken next.

Also check out the soundtrack of pic related:

youtube.com/watch?v=qVOHTGYoM6E

>Broken not first
>ever

It's literally the best shit ever done. I'm not even kidding.

GAVE UP TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT

start at the beginning

all other answers are false

youtube.com/watch?v=UR26Fo1972c

>Well she could be a savior
>With everything she does
>Or some kind of punishment
>For people just like us
>I don't really believe she understands
>What's happening to me
>The sooner that she gets it
The better it will be

:3

no way would Trent come here, let alone Sup Forumseddit

Imagine still listening to NIN. Imagine not getting into them at 14, and ceasing to listen to them at ~17. This board reeks of arrested development and regression.

Wow, that guy is top levels of #woke.

Yeah I'm also surprised with the lackluster praise for Broken, it's part of what I feel is the best run from PHM all the way up to And All That Could Have Been, which is one of the few seminal live albums out there for me.

>Being racist and looking for acceptance from a man had been dating a string of black women at the time.

I was 13 when I started listening to NIN.
I was 17 when I stopped listening to NIN
I was 27 when I came back.

I'm guessing you fall in the 18-22 range.

Nigger women are nowhere as bad as nigger men and a select few are actually, daresay, worth filling with white seed.

The PHM tracks on AATCHB are absolutely godly. I can barely listen to the studio versions now because of how perfect they are on that live album.

This. I didn't like any post Fragile NIN when I first got into them, but coming back I found a new appreciation for With Teeth and Hesitation Marks. You need some life experience to appreciate what he's doing on those.

youtube.com/watch?v=5v1R_FSI5Tw

hnf

is this dude a midget or something? Those proportions are way off no normal sized man has a head that big

5'7

youtube.com/watch?v=amMztp1y4i4

Nigger women are nowhere as bad as nigger men and a select few are actually, daresay, worth filling with white seed.

ah he is a midget then that explains it thanks

I'm 26, but "nice try".

don't bully. It was between being a mini tank or a pretty little fuccboi.

>The Background World
>it reaches that part

Well played Trent, I honestly thought my PC was finished for a moment.

Can someone analyze it on a spectograph or something? Pretty sure there will be some numbers or a Satanic symbol of this new ARG hidden.

> The Background World loops 52 times
> Trent is 52 years old

damn...

damn...

F U C K .

he has summoned the ghosts of Dwayne Goettel, David Bowie, Sleazy and James Wooley in the song

Ghosts I-IV

I really need those screenshots in my life!

>mfw I have them

>I've the misfortune of looking exactly like myself

Pls, don't start with the debunked bs. Let me live still hoping it is real.

5'7 master race reporting in.

I really like the idea of Reznor shitposting on Sup Forums

even if i win i'm still retarded

that cavern in his forehead and flat nose is unmistakbable. Keep it alive. I believer too.

Seconded, but the halos contain so many gems, like EL-P's Only remix, or Fennesz reworking In This Twilight.

For Glockenspiel reasons, I always thought The Good Soldier is a great track.

I am so lost with all the halos and remixes, EPs, singles.. Is there an ultimate NIN chart?

>El-P remix

Okay fuck me but I need to hear this, the El-P/Alec Empire collab was also extremely interesting

he does FLIPFLOPFLIPS all day long

>Is there an ultimate NIN chart?
Do you have any fucking idea how embarrassing you are

youtube.com/watch?v=7RRbrWmaKyU

Flyentology off I'll Sleep When You're Dead is another decent collab. Cassettes Won't Listen Remix
youtube.com/watch?v=PQz0cAnJVN8

>EL-P's Only remix
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=-1gz_IxCUUM

nin.wiki/Halo_numbers

>tfw you're not trent

I'm sorry for ruining this to you but:
youtube.com/watch?v=OCNxWrDm9LM

he just keeps getting fatter and fatter.
almost as fat as corgan

Trent hit the gym because he knew it would prevent him from being a fatso in his middle age

didn't pay attention to the one song he should have taken to heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=O_5GIIMOLMo

Nah man. He's an edgy fuck.

what did he do to you to make you this mad?

why not? he's a pretty big vidya nerd desu

Vidya games and lifting were what helped him get through the first years of sobriety.

Trent Reznor raped my little sister

You people are seriously dumber than I thought.Of course Trent doesn't write on Sup Forums, someone trolled you and copied a photo from this video which is from 2009 youtube.com/watch?v=OCNxWrDm9LM

settle down, Grandpa Al.

I wanna thank the guy who said All That Could Have Been: Still is underrated, just listened and it's pretty good.

>LOOK EVERYONE IT'S DOOM AND GLOOM

It actually starts the 53rd loop, but it's cut off.

>trent's getting skinnier
>Loop ends abruptly in the 53rd loop

g-guise

Wait...

DON'T DO IT TRENT

youtube.com/watch?v=XG6BLXrWZ1E&t=228s

no really. he's losing fucking weight and it's freaking me out when combing the fatalism of 4/5 songs on Add Violence..