What are the best ways to break into the industry?

What are the best ways to break into the industry?

have a pussy be willing to let it be ejaculated in

Besides that.

Be hot and have a boypussy willing to let it be ejaculated in

A lock pick

Be a Jew

Try nepotism

C'mon guys
You can't ever be serious?

A loch pic

>move to florida
>avoid alligators
>start making small movies
>the more shocking the better/bigger following
>wait for san andreas to fuck hollywood's shit up
>???????????????
>profit

We are.
You can also save money, direct a short film and have it projected during film festivals. But it has to be really good or politically correct.

Forget about film school.

A Locke pick.

Be a jew.

Well it sure helps. You have a talent, lets say, you write or shoot something really good and it can be reviewed by someone in the industry but it doesnt have to be. You could get invited to some of the social happenings in the LA and depending on how you come off as purely socially, people will take you more or less seriously. Its sad but its true, by sending your script around you might never get noticed. By being ready to offer your boypussy to some of the countless people working in the media, actors, journalists with connections which all make roughly 65% of the industry (many people you don't know are gay are really gay, cover-up agencies making fake marriages for gay and lesbian actors are flourishing). Just be open for everything when it comes to that

remember this: nobody is obliged to get you anything, to spend their time reading your script. there are dozens more waiting written by already experienced people and their nephews, interns they're fucking, friends, special friends and so on. check out the hollywood actor's bios for christs sake, half of their parents or someone is in the industry

and really remember: that isnt ordinary job, government agency or high school or even college, nobody has to do anything for you and probably wont if you dont try hard

Settle for making youtube videos.

be a pa

What constitutes as really good and politically correct? I was considering adapting Hamlet.

>I was considering adapting Hamlet.

Oh good, that's never been done before

Be Jewish, or suck a Jew's dick

Totally serious. Hollywood is run by Jews, it's not a meme. Nepotism and sexual favors get you far in Hollywood.

luck, or the ability to crawl everybody up the ass, but serious connections are everything in the industry, especially the showbiz is like a minefield, you have the overthink every step and when and whom you can trust.
Also being Jewish isn't a bad thing, Jews love nepotism

>Settle for making youtube videos.

Kevin Smith got into the biz by making a movie using a black and white camera.

I'm guessing 90% of the responses involve some variation of the word "Jew"?

Why must you be so mean

I know it's not a meme, but there's got to be other ways.
>tfw I'll never get to make my Hitler trilogy

Should've put money on it.

>You could get invited to some of the social happenings in the LA
>depending on how you come off as purely socially, people will take you more or less seriously.
I have social anxiety and I live on the other side of the country, in New York.

Yeah. A young black male or some white boy out of a movie school won't get far in Hollywood except as an actor and talented at that. Directing, scriptwriting? Forget it.
And Hollywood would prefer to leave out blacks entirely, they hate that shit. They either employ them for sale or political correctness.

New York is still better than any other city in the world except the LA itself and many started there. There are so many projects and auditions in New York as well as workshops and stuff that you should be happy about it. Work on your social anxiety or do something really good. Are you a screenwriter?

>New York is still better than any other city in the world
I said New York, not New York City.
>Are you a screenwriter?
I'm probably going to end up writing, but I mainly want to direct/act.

Sounds like you should make up your mind, each of those people practice their entire lives to get good at it

what do you mean make up my mind
I want to direct, with some acting

>What are the best ways to break into the industry?
depends. for directors: make an inexpensive original indie feature. send it to festivals. watch distributors flock. make connections along the way. it's not rocket science, mate. all you have to do is apply what has been written about thousands of times.

different route for actors, though.

>make an inexpensive original indie feature
>original
That's the problem, all my ideas are 1. Not very original and 2. Expensive
>different route for actors, though.
Which is what? Sucking dick?

This. I started doing background then pa, now I'm a field producer

>Which is what? Sucking dick?
i work in the industry and have worked on productions with Disney, Univision, Fusion, and HBO. for being a twat and responding with the above, i won't tell you the simplest way to break into or get a job in any of them. however, i'll leave you with this: if you're ideas are unoriginal and/or too expensive and you cannot figure out a way to film them without the big dollars, then walk away now. it'll save you a lot of grief and heartache.

What's a field producer

>for being a twat
How

>for being a twat
>How
you seem to be feeble-minded. i recommend another career entirely, kid. you'll be eaten alive in the industry.

Well yoy don't just start directing
It doesn't work that way
Most directors start in the industry doing other shit like editing and work their way up

be circumcised, refrain from pork and keep the sabbath holy

what the fuck are you even talking about

mate, if you can't even follow a thread on Sup Forums, how do you think you'd fare in the cutthroat world of studio film making? you responded to my post with lame ass profanity. i called you a twat for it. how the hell did you now follow that? hence, the feeble-minded quip. jeez, man, just quit now, why don't you?

Dude just give up

So you suggest I start as an assistant? Editing does sound kind of fun.

There isn't.

Buddy, it's just a dick. I mean it's hairy and lumpy and disgusting and Mr. Goldstein's got a big fat hairy belly, and he's going to be grinning down at you while you're on your knees behind his desk, with his fake Hollywood veneer teeth while smoking a cigar; but it's just a dick. Take it, love it, embrace it and suck suck suck until he unloads.

Then you get to get your script read.

hahahah
good god

Assistant, editing, PA, hell even a grip. Just something to get you in the door so you can start networking.

I'm confused because you're just pulling shit out of thin air. You have a problem with profanity? On Sup Forums? Are you fucking serious?
And how was I being a twat when I just asked a question? You didn't elaborate on what the different route for actor's was, and almost every response in this thread has been "suck a dick". You perceived my question as me being an asshole, as if sexual favors in Hollywood aren't common knowledge.

I would consider sucking a dick, but I have preferences, I really wouldn't want to suck a small dick or a white dick (Henry Cavill being the exception).

okay, look, let's forget the insults and carry on. the best way for someone with zero experience in film or video is to get a job as a production assistant (pa). you'll have to do all the labor, drive the cast around, fetch food, block pedestrians and traffic from getting on set, hold the reflector, hold a damn umbrella, walk the damn talent's dog, if they ask, etc. do that for a few years while learning how to write and edit for the screen on your own time. make contacts along the way, which means be kind and nice to EVERYONE, even the assholes. these are genuine starter steps for someone who lacks the drive to make it on his own. nothing wrong with that. good luck with it, mate.

How do you even find those jobs?

>these are genuine starter steps for someone who lacks the drive to make it on his own
Drive being what exactly? Don't you need to be exceptionally talented to make it anywhere? What does drive have to do with it?

Talent means fuckall if you do nothing with it. Drive means how hard you're willing to work to get what you want. The more you respond the more I don't think the film industry is for you

oh jeez, seriously? are you pulling my leg here? if you had the drive and balls you'd already have made a short film or two, all shot on your iphone or some inexpensive camera on loan, submitted them to multiple festivals, learned from your mistakes, grown as an artist, and not be posting on Sup Forums about how to make it in a field you've barely even researched but think it's cool to have a job in. okay, i'm done. good luck with your career.

Then you aren't gonna make it.

Go back to waiting tables kiddo

Jesus man I don't know go out and find them

In reality/ documentaries they push the story with the cast

>you're ideas

pic related

>not making shorts and small features for your local community, gathering a loyal and steadily growing audience and embracing the underground cult hipster scene of new york, maybe even someday being lucky to land a small to medium budget hollywood contract
back to bedit :D