Will Tom Brady pass all of Peyton Manning's records?

Will Tom Brady pass all of Peyton Manning's records?

Brady has already become the greatest Super Bowl QB to ever play the game. For him to objectively be deemed the GOAT, he'll need to surpass Manning's career passing yards and touchdowns thrown. If he does, zero arguments could be made against him being the absolute best to ever play.

Will he do it?

Oh, you mean the statpadded regular season records that nobody outside of Peyton "sexual assaulting girls while on HGH" Manning's marketing empire cares about?

damage control : the thread

stop grasping at reasons to compare nationwide with the GOAT,

peyton was great
brady is the greatest

Nah, Peyton still has no *'s

Brady and Brees will. Who will be #1 all time in those quantity stats? I have no idea. Depends how long each plays.

He is and was already the GOAT before tonight. MJ doesn't have the most points all time yet he is pretty undisputed? Why should he need to chase peyton mannings volume records? He was a stat padder and Brady is a winner.

OP here. I'm not even a Manning fan, for Christ's sake. I like Tom Brady more.

Hoping we could get some legit discussion going here. Right now, the only thing Brady-haters can hold over his head, is the fact he doesn't hold the most impressive single-player stats. Question is, will time change that? He's about, what, 10,000 yards behind the all-time record? And less than 100 touchdowns away?

Wins are the only record worth a damn, and he gets a lot of those.

Super Bowls won is a team record. Because it is a team effort.

Career passing yards and touchdowns thrown is more indicative about the impact one individual quarterback has on the game.

prove me wrong faggot

if brady plays for as long as he says he will, he'll pass up all of peypeys records tho

No because the pats don't play like that.

Brady only had 28 tds this season. I don't think he'll have another 50td season ever again.

In order to throw properly in this game someone must be able to catch, I would have thought a fag like you could at least understand that

Okay, well then you can argue that Manning has had stacked teams his whole career and still only won two

>Right now, the only thing Brady-haters can hold over his head, is the fact he doesn't hold the most impressive single-player stats
Literally anyone that does that is going to get laughed at, stop kidding yourself

HOW FAR IS BRADY FROM THIS?

How many more years does Tom Brady plan on playing?

If Brady plays for three more full years he'll break those records.

He will make it his mission to play until he breaks those records.

Brady will pass Peyton but Drew Brees will end up with all the volume records.

The Colts piped in crowd noise in their stadium. Peyton has that HGH problem, too.

But still, fuck him. Fuck him for all his overrated stat-padding and choke artistry.

lo ya good thing tb12 has the greatest invidual qb performance in a superbowl while peyton has one of the worst.

gg kid

I mean I would love for Brady to put up a season like Brees or Manning2013. That's fucking awesome to watch. But the patriots don't play for show. They play for wins.

>Literally anyone that does that is going to get laughed at, stop kidding yourself
That's not true. For years, panels of experts insisted Dan Marino and John Elway were better than Joe Montana, due to individual stats.

in 12 games. Adjusted we would have had probably around 34-36. 3 more of those seasons and he passes PeyPey for the TD record. 3 seasons of full play at all and he definitely passes the yardage mark

He missed 4 games though.

I'd love for him to just start statpadding and throwing 50 times a game as long as it's winning games.

I understand that, but OP is trying to phrase it like Brady needs somehow to do this to be considered the GOAT. He doesn't he proved once again on the biggest stage that he is the greatest of all time. There really isn't any room for debate anymore. This man literally just lead a 25 point comeback in the superbowl to win his 5th ring. It is over.

This. Brees is the ultimate stat padding faggot.

>we

meant to put he. tho that typo will carry extra weight here

He said he wants to play until 45. Internally the Pats believe he can realistically play 3-5 more years. Think about it though. What if Brady did retire after this, going out on the top of the top, and then the Patriots have Garoppolo waiting in the wings. 3-5 more years of Brady will be great, but man if Garoppolo is the real deal then imagine 12 years of Garoppolo.

Aaron Rodgers is better

>the year is 2032, year 15th of the great Trumpic Empire
>OG Tom Brady and the New England Patriots are playing against youthful Tom Brady clone VII and the Dallas Patriots
>they no longer play on turf in an effort to better accommodate the non-clone Brady's wheelchair
>other Patriot teams still don't have Belicheat so they just lose to mecha-Brady

>I understand that, but OP is trying to phrase it like Brady needs somehow to do this to be considered the GOAT
OP here. I already think Brady's the GOAT, with only Manning as a possible contender. And yes, he does need the stats, to silence every last critic, because for ages, many claimed Marino was better than Montana.

If Brady passes Manning's records, nobody can ever debate him being GOAT, again. Question is, can he do it?

in what way does that broken sentence refute any point of my argument, you retarded leaf
>Denver Broncos
>Stacked teams mannings whole career
>pick one
Manning carried them (most seasons, except his last few) and everybody knows this. not only his skill but his mind.
ok then, why even celebrate QB achievements at all if they depend on teammates every step of the way? thanks for proving my point faggot

He would still need about 20 more touchdowns to catch Manning for the single season.

And Brady isn't a big yards passer. He relies on check downs to Edelman and the occasional dragon /YAC from Gronk.

God damn why can't >we get a HoF black receiver again and torch the league like 2007? More SBs don't even matter at this point. It's all about the stats now. Brady has earned the right to statpad.

desu if he doesn't do it within the next year peyton will always have the edge, having broken so many records in a quicker time span. The fact that brady needed to play till he was 39 just to break Montana's record for Super bowl wins already looks bad enough, imagine how bad it will look with him having to play till he's 43 to pass manning.

He really doesn't though. It is over. There are going to be derps out there that think volume stats matter but they will be wrong and 90% of the population will laugh at them. Also it is HIGHLY debatable that all-time Montana should be above Manning. I think it goes

1. Brady
2. Montana
3./4. Manning/Elway

>magine how bad it will look with him having to play till he's 43 to pass manning.
I disagree. Think about how many times Tom Brady at least got the Patriots to the Super Bowl. Longevity also counts for making a great player. If you own a team, would you hire the QB who's gonna play 10 years? Or 20 years? Playing longer, and staying on top, makes you more valuable.

just like russell is better than jordan right?

>1. Brady
>2. Montana
>3./4. Manning/Elway

I'd say:

(1.) Tom Brady
(2.) Peyton Manning
(3.) Joe Montana
(4.) Dan Marino
(5.) John Elway

MJ being the GOAT is pretty much meme status at this point. There's a serious argument that Kareem is the real GOAT and he also happens to be the all-time leading scorer, then there's Lebron who, when all is said and done, may likely also be GOAT and also may take the scoring record. So yes, being the best scorer and being the best player tend to go hand and hand.

Statpadding doesn't hold up to to Super Bowl wins. Period.

>1. Brady
>2. Manning
>3. Montana
>4. Marino
>5. Elway

spot on

Nah. List is missing Drew Brees. What does Marino have over Brees? He already broke Marino's records, AND won a Super Bowl.

Joe Buck is that you?

No, MJ is the definite GOAT.

Marino and Brees were completely different times. His stats were MUCH harder back then when DBs were allowed to play defense. Even in like 2004, 4000 yards in a season was amazing and only 0-2 QBs ever did it a season.

>zero arguments could be made against him being the absolute best to ever play
passer rating
TD:INT ratio
y/att
y/g

Eurofag/Newfag here, watched the SB for the first time last night because Trump is a Patriots fan. Where do I start with history? Who are patrician players, and who are plebs? Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are reddit, right?

lol tb12 has better individual records than stat padder peyton in addition to more superbowls you retarded leaf. nothin personell

Big Head could have thrown for a gorillion touchdowns, at the end of the day he only has 2 rings. Brady has fucking 5. You cannot deny greatness, Brady is miles above this fuck's longass forehead. Don't compare a choker to a winner.

Brady is starting to dwarf Manning.

>Manning
>stacked team
Like 3 years in Denver, those Colts teams were almost miserable outside of Peyton

The Broncos D carried an otherwise pathetic effort by Manning in his last Owl. He was never able to carry any team to a chip.