/noiserock/

Last thread
>What is noiserock
Rock with what might be considered non-musical elements like static and discordance or even saxophone squeals

>Where do I start
Big black - Atomizer
Brain Bombs - Urge to Kill
No Trend - Too Many Humans

>Now?
Fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/blacklizard/noise-rock_-a-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=Li66x8B7eKw
youtube.com/watch?v=VNXL2GYLyJg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Put a period after non-musical with your imagination I guess

bump

Starting topic: Is dinosaur jr. good?

AOTY

It's okay

thoughts? tried to slim down the big chart. feel free to make any suggestions.

still looking forward to chartnigga's chart though

honorable mentions
>Hella - Hold Your Horse Is
>Harry Pussy - S/T
>Pussy Galore - Right Now!

hey man, shartnigga here cheers for the support bruv. a suggestion for your chart would be to replace Watashi Dake with Secret Black Box (even tho Watashi Dake is like one of my fave albums)

I'll post the final product of this with the next thread.

How's the chart-making going?

Fucking bump

no problem man. thanks for the suggestion, will note that down. also found this guide to be pretty useful rateyourmusic.com/list/blacklizard/noise-rock_-a-guide/
yeah, feel free to use it on the next thread. these aus hours are too late for me. night anons

haven't even started on the chart, will start sometime this week. I have an assessment block coming up which might get in the way a little, but I'll still try and listen to an album or two a day
cheers my man! sleep tight

bump

Whats everyone's favourite style of noise rock sonically speaking?
Is there a certain pedal or recording technique which seems to bring out the best noise in your favorite noise rock band?
personally i am fan of loud guitars in a small room recorded really shitty (77 live, fushitsusha, goslings) but recently ive come to like the early swans guitar sounds such as on Cop and Filth

Bump

any other notable releases this year?

youtube.com/watch?v=Li66x8B7eKw

No Wave influenced

Bump

yes

Pretty shit besides Paper Error.

is this a meme?

Im a big fan of the energetic, breakneck speed noise rock that doesnt let you get a moment of rest, like lightning bolt or the more energetic tracks on boris - pink.
A close second is loud, all-encompassing, dense but slow and intense with slower, throbbing drums and good buildups, like the slower tracks on Pink.

Bump

I support these threads but worry that like /dark/ it will be too niche and too little room for new discussion that they will kill themselves

I don't think so, we just have to follow a real general definition of noise rock.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNXL2GYLyJg

Is noisecore allowed here

bump