North Korea will have to be dealt with

North Korea will have to be dealt with.
The problem is their heavily armed border ready to bomb Seoul to rubble. They've had 50 years to move the fucker, but whatever. One thing the Gulf War in the 90s showed was the US can fly jets fucking night and day. Why doesn't the US just suddenly send jets criss-crossing that border bombing the shit out of that artillery 24/7? Once those jets start they won't get off that many rounds. Stupid slants for not moving their fucking city.

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/news/briefing/21725763-everyone-would-lose-how-nuclear-war-korea-could-start-and-how-it-might-end
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's an interesting preview of next year's nuclear war.

economist.com/news/briefing/21725763-everyone-would-lose-how-nuclear-war-korea-could-start-and-how-it-might-end

Good thing we have a cool-headed, keen strategist like Trump in charge

look up "the buzzer" number station
it is believed that the buzzer near St Petersberg and a sister station near Moscow are dead man switches for Russia's nuclear arsenal
and this isn't just tinfoil on the head time "thinking"
many major governments believe this to be possible
they also believe Russia has a partial dead man switch that will launch their arsenal if a significant amount of nuclear weaponry is used
so if PDRK uses several of its bombs, Russia will nuke the world

I can't remember the details, but the Russian deadhand wasn't a full-on Dr. Strangelove doomsday machine but had a human element involved - something like a person - Putin? - could hand over control to the deadhand and let it make the final nuke decision

or some shit like that
i could be remembering it wrong and am too lazy to look up right now

that is also a possibility
but the problem is that the mechanism and how it activated is a state secret, so only a few people in the Russian government know for sure

So could a full on surprise night and day bombardment take out most of his shit? It's only 160 miles long and 2.5 miles wide.

How much shit could he possibly have?

And why didn't they move that fucking city in 50 years? Well I guess it doesn't matter now that the head slant has ICBMs

There is also the PRC problem
any definitive action against PDRK requires regime change
but PRC won't allow anyone else to establish a government in what is currently PDRK or allow that territory to be given to RoK
and anyone capable of effecting regime change in PDRK won't allow PRC to establish a new government or absorb the territory

Considering a perfectly flat 160 mile long border, jets could traverse it in about 12 minutes. if the most distant artillery battery got word the moment the first bomb hit, how many shells could they launch in 12 minutes? How much damage could they do to a city the size of Seoul? Even if two sorties started from either end, 6 minutes of bombardment is a long damn time.

we're fucked

most artillery pieces have a sustained fire rate or ~8rds/min
and that is their fire rate if they plan to fire for hours at a time
a short 12min fire mission with an efficient crew and no desire to keep the artillery pieces usable can manage upwards of 15rds/min
>tl;dr no matter what Seoul is bombarded out of existence

i feel like if stealth drones monitored that shit for a while it would be a lot different....

I didn't mention, this also assumes the artillery is laid out in a narrow band that one or two jets could cover with bombs. It further assumes that the jets could drop munitions at 750 mph. I'm not sure that's possible.
End of the story is- there's no way to stop the conventional artillery along the border from obliterating Seoul in the event of an attack.
The solution to the DPRK problem absolutely MUST be a diplomatic one.

implying dprk crews are trained to western standards.

Short of going nuclear right off the bat

Stealth really only works against radar... You think these fuckers are working with that advanced shit?
Nah, son- they got some poor fucker tweaked on meth standing guard 18 hours at a time

Not only would a preemptive nuclear strike be geopolitical suicide for the US, it might also incite automatic retaliation from Russia or China. I'd like to think they wouldn't be that stupid, but we're kinda through the looking glass these days.

as their artillery is the only part of their military worth a damn
I wouldn't be surprised if DPRK artillery corps has the best damn canoneers the world has ever seen

>drop mcchicken on them
>attach note saying if you escape you can have all the mcchicken
>zerg rush
>pick them all off at border
>range upgrade effective
>natural expansions already taken
>can't expand
>gg

North Korea is one of the United States greatest allies. Sounds ridiculous huh?
Let's put this into perspective.
North Korea is old and outdated and the war between ROK/US vs NK would only last a matter of minutes. The firepower of ROK/US forces is so much more advance that there isn't any debating it.
How can North Korea be an ally if they want war with the US and threaten them and ROK?
Having a unanimous "bad guy" in this particular part of the world makes it very easy for the United States to maintain a massive fighting force in the ROK. Let's pretend the US destroyed North Korea and there wasn't a "threat" anymore. There would be no reason for the US to maintain a huge arsenal or bodies and weapons. The jets, tanks, helicopter missiles... no reason. There would be no bad guys.
The larger target is having strategic hold in this area because China is moving in on the South Chinese Sea, building military grade air strips on man made islands, and Russia has always been a threat. These are the real poker players. The US is using NK as a scapegoat to have massive firepower in the backdoor of China and Russia. NK is not a threat. They can not hurt the US or ROK, and they never will.

He's probably right.
US crews train to be the best for their pride.
DPRK crews train for their families' lives.
Think about it.

good point
during the NATO-Serb war either an A-117 or B-2 was shot down by WWII era AAA filling the sky with flack

Seoul was the capital of RoK before the PDRK invaded and was selected as the capital because it was the largest city in RoK

It's easy to poke fun.
Tougher to remember that in their culture, geomancy is very serious business. Relocating a city is insanely hard and expensive, then add the complexity of the entire culture sincerely believing the cities' success stems from it's precise location and alignment?
Good luck.

Yeah...
No shit: "We will handle North Korea. We are gonna be able to handle them. It will be handled. We handle everything," Trump said Monday

north korea is not only not a problem but pretty boring too.

Coming from fucking... donald trump.., that does not exactly inspire confidence, does it?

Their nuke and missile tech is constantly advancing.
Eventually they will have an arsenal of thousands

Aside from the unimaginably huge humanitarian crisis which would almost certainly take form in the event of any large-scale combat. Add to that the already volatile geopolitical picture in the area and you have one massive problem indeed.

If a six year old said it I'd be confident he was autistic.

>roller-skate monkey basketball
>boring
pick one

I was gonna ping on ya for sounding "enlightened"..... but u kinna rite fam.

+1 for learnin me a new perspective.

They won't have the material for thousands

does this look boring!?!?!?? no!

American superiority at this point is economic. War between china/russia/usa is bad for everybody, the reason we don't destroy them is that it would be a public relations nightmare.

you can buy make-your-own nukes on the dark web

DPRK is basically China's rabid pet dog that's too old and emaciated to know better than not bark at the mailman and not bite children. Anything the US might want to do to put said dog down is is going to have to be in concert with, and have the blessing of, the Chinese Government. And since they're commies too it's doubtful they would sit idly by and watch as we put their pet down.

Thankfully you are not a military commander because your theory of "bomb everything" is flawed.

I fucking hate you. I hate people who think they have "figured it all out" with the Korea situation.

You don't know shit. Kys.

Not even close. It would be astonishing if they build more than two dozen devices.
Go look at the wiki page for world nuclear stockpiles.

Worse than that, they're paranoid as fuck and act accordingly. The big problem with NK is our (everyone's) inside intel slowed to a trickle a few years back, when it revealed two useful but troubling things: 1, they were going deep underground with their infrastructure, and 2, they were going whole hog into redundancy. Meaning not only did they indeed go deep enough underground that there are no signatures of any kind laying useful info on the surface for satellites to pick up, but they're scattering multiples of their systems all over, with no idea how many, what state they're in, what capacity to produce them, or where they are, or how often they're moved.

All we know is, the more time goes by, the less any of the rest of us know about what they actually have going on over there. Makes it fucking impossibly risky to plan any sort of intervention.

Why not just take Kim out? I have read where everyone in NK hates him.

In a nutshell this is the Asian political situation

I wouldn't be surprised if North Korea is funneling what's basically slave laborers into China in exchange for the support they get, and Russia just wants to sell them shit.

right, just like we took out Saddam, instant peace! oh wait

Jesus christ

How does anyone keep a straight face when he says that shit

This

North Korean labourers work in Russia as well.

>DPRK is basically China's rabid pet dog that's too old and emaciated to know better than not bark at the mailman and not bite children. Anything the US might want to do to put said dog down is is going to have to be in concert with, and have the blessing of, the Chinese Government. And
>since they're commies too it's doubtful they would sit idly by and watch as we put their pet down.

they work because they want to work, they like to work!

Their ICBM program is not comprised of old outdated shit. They bought a shitload of experienced rocket & weapons engineers from Russia and gave them unlimited funds to build a prank new program from the ground up, with no legacy garbage. It's the system Russia would be building today if it didn't have to work with their ancient shit.

But hey, what to Russian aerospace scientists, engineers and mathematicians know about rockets and ballistics, right?

this might work
if it is done now
Jong-un's daughter is only 5
his extended family has been purged to hell and back
and the remaining family members are all in key enough positions that they could seize major portions of the government and hold out against other factions trying to seize power
however, in a few more years Kim Ju-ae might be able to seize power if her father died

North Korea has had fifty years to start up a war they did not restart the war they have no interest in restarting the war they may talk a big game but all they really want is peace they're like one of those retards who don't know how to shut their mouth after talking shit and they just keep talking more crap

North Korea is not a problem

I don't really have extensive knowledge of the subject, but I wonder how much North Korean slave labor drives the economies of the region?

that would explain why they all fail like russia's shit fails

I absolutely agree. No one is going to war. It was ruin the planet. There is to much trade happening between the US / China / Russia that it would be so hyper unrealistic.
Still though, strategic dominance in the environment is imperative to maintain global over watch.

sometimes punctuation is the difference between a coherent argument and sounding like a raving lunatic

Drop 5 MOABs on Pyongyang in the middle of the night

Drop 5 MOABs on the dmz 5 minutes later

Problem solved

lol

I think the only thing happening between China and NK are small amounts of trade such as coal. We've recently seen China impose sanctions on NK and stopped all trade of coal.

It probably pales in comparison to the cash that the regime brings in by selling illicit drugs.

Punctuation is for the weak

if Kim Jong-il died that leaves a power vacuum
from what I know his own cabinet hated him and they plan to replace him with his brother so Kim Jong-il had his brother killed
at this point there is nobody but his kids who can replace him and I don't think he has kids yet

the other option is a Chinese backed new supreme leader

China's love affair with NK ended pretty briskly over the last couple years, culminating in China ceasing to buy NKs biggest export, coal, & under no uncertain terms, actually sent a fucking shipment back to them the instant they cut them off. China essentially strangled the NK economy in one move, and their main concern is not for the good of the NK people, but China in no way wants a refugee crisis, with millions of fucking North Koreans flooding in over the border to deal with. Aside from not wanting to pay for them, China is still in their expansionist phase, and allowing that many foreigners to come in en masse is just asking them to later take a chunk of your country for their own in a few years when they organize again. China is not having it.

And that trade is already little more than a form of economic aid by the Chinese.

No, that's publicly known info.

Kim Jong-Un*

They realized it was bad for business to be associated with them. If they want to be competitors on the global scale they need the support of other countries, not just be a regional power. I can guarantee they were getting a tax from NK just for trading with them, but their ambitions got bigger.

I didn't know that. What are they producing?

Oh common man !
Now you know for a fact when he starts this war it's going to be funny as shit !

are you kidding me China doesn't need to work with anybody to be a global power
let's not forget that there the second-largest economy and almost half the things inside your house have that made in China stamp

Meth at the very least. It's one of their only sources of hard currency outside of cheap labour and arms sales.

The real question is when is are the USA going to be dealt with.

Suck a reindeer's dick.

The edge

Suck a basset hound's funky ass.

And this is what is called being a hypocrite.

they have tried many times, we are still here. bring it! USA! USA! USA!

Suck a mountain goat's dick.

NK will implode. Just a matter of time. No war needed

This is bullshit dreamt up by the Jew media.

the war never ended and they clearly lost the war of attrition...

>its another "u.s. intelligence convinces everyone to invade a poor country for nukes" episode

hey why dont you guys call them weapons of mass destruction anymore? ooohh right that last time...

Suck a kodiak bear's hard dick.

And they aren't relying on American purchases and wages so low that it won't be sustainable in the long term? They're headed for some serious shit if they don't revise their strategy.

Neutron bombs FTW!

Suck a timber wolf's ass.

The artillery is all hidden in the mountains, so it would be difficult to impossible to actually bomb it.

they also rely on heavily-state-controlled financial and economic practices which modern 1st world countries dont do. In a free market, china has many weaknesses still, hence why they are in no real hurry to become #1

The big threat is underground.

LOL basic strategy... You don't attack them parallel to their line, you attack perpendicularly. Front facing as many jets as you can , then travel parallel to their formation bombing them down. The 12minutes mark is divided by as many jets you send.

the quantity makes it difficult, not the locations. It is pretty easy to find it, even if it's hidden underground.

am americn agre with u america u are pig north kroea justice will be real superpower when defeats you fat fucks