Japanese Hip-Hop

I'm trying to listen to more Japanese hip-hop, any suggestions? Is there even a chart?

I know Nujabes, obviously, but it doesn't really get talked about all that often, on here (and probably in Japan, too).
There's of course KOHH but I feel like he's mostly straight copying Western flows/trap beats.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!bRgwQIKJ!keOsMgTerNpyqMSc753X1g
youtube.com/watch?v=7EpVX3BIen8
mega.nz/#!Vo5XUAKZ!YR8Blj3YIjMyIAe9sE34knzPxXdIGt-Z7nYtw4FNHYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VWP6Mn8QVVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Weeb piece of shit

Try HEIZE. She makes some pretty neat hip hop.

Isn't she Korean?

Cornelius isn't really hip hop but if you like Nujabes you'll like him

I feel like he actually has more in common with people like Nakata Yasutaka, except he uses more organic-sounding instrumentation. I kinda like it, but yeah, he isn't really hip-hop, at least the little of him I've heard.

Shing02 has collobarated with nujabes on the luv(sic) songs and makes some interesting stuff himself

What is their correlation though? They are vastly different artists and genres

Uyama Hiroto is worth checking out if you like Nujabes.

Yeah she's more kpop than hip hop

i used to listen to a lot of RIP SLYME so i guess i recommend them. Masterpiece is a great album

I was gonna ask what people on Sup Forums think about groups like RIP SLYME or KICK THE CAN CREW.

Apparently they're considered inauthentic or just not "real" in certain Japanese circles because they traded out the kind of underground grit groups have for (J-)pop-friendly tunes.

I'm a big fan of Moe and ghosts.

Moe and ghosts- Yurei Tachi
>Hip-hop, Glitch, Japanese, Similar to Daoko and Suiyoubi no Campanella/Wednesday Campanella but stranger
Link: mega.nz/#F!bRgwQIKJ!keOsMgTerNpyqMSc753X1g
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=7EpVX3BIen8 (it's the full album)

I'd also rec Daoko. This is probably my fave release of hers:
mega.nz/#!Vo5XUAKZ!YR8Blj3YIjMyIAe9sE34knzPxXdIGt-Z7nYtw4FNHYQ

Some others are Suiyoubi no Campanella (maybe more pop than hip-hop), Akko Gorilla, and Scha Dara Parr.

Isuggi is good, anyone affiliated with Down North Camp is legit tbqh.

I highly recommend Budamunk - The Corner as it's a very solid album and will introduce you to various underground Jap rappers.

Early shit is based. The first Ketsumeishi album is good too.

Anyone into Japanese reggae?

>Ketsumeishi
Considering just how elitist Sup Forums is, it feels really weird when people on Sup Forums defend artists like these, because the Japanese equivalent of the Sup Forums demographic most likely wouldn't.

What do you guys think of Dragon Ash? Zeebra?

sheiiit man, dl-d that daoko album, starts and it's the girl doing the Shingeki no Bahamut ed's
pretty good, thanks

Ayumi and her qt rapping: youtube.com/watch?v=VWP6Mn8QVVk

Halacali are kind of hip-hop.

I thought the same thing desu

Pic posted looks like a Paul's Boutique rip off

DJ Krush's first few albums are great, ki oku is probably one of the best instrumental hip hop LPs ever