Tfw you realize stoner teens will look back at this album in 50 years and see it in the same way we see pink floyd now

>tfw you realize stoner teens will look back at this album in 50 years and see it in the same way we see pink floyd now

nobody is going to be looking back at this shit album in 50 years lmao

yeah no this album is popular is fuck. deal with it.

lnnerspeaker is still the superior album

Nothing made in the past 20 years will be remembered 50 years from now.

You know how you can associate decades with a particular sound? The 90s sound like grunge and hip-hop, the 80s like new wave, the 70s like glam, punk, and prog, etc? Here's a thought experiment: what was the sound of the 2000s? Of the 2010s? Popular music has run its course as the lodestar of culture as a whole. It just will not play the same role in the future as it did from the 50s-90s.

>tfw you realize people will look back at this album in 50 years and see look at it as the beginning of a genre.

it's tough because there's been so many trends that just didn't last.

2000s is still just an evolved hip hop and psych pop. 2010's is the sound of accelerated genres with the perfection upon electronic producing mixed with instruments.

>2000's - shitty overproduced pop music
>2010's - dubstep

2000's is pop-punk/emo
2010's is trap

Both of these

faux-indie folk is a contender for 2010s

>Both of these
Wrong, dubstep is a fad while trap is a meme culture.

>It's an evolved [niche genre] and an accelerated [description of I don't even know what]
None of that is a new style, and the fact that you had to qualify it with "evolved" and "accelerated" proves my point. Furthermore, and most crucially, whatever genres you're describing did not have the full spectrum dominance over popular culture that other styles have had in the past. Closest to era-defining artists we have are Jay-Z/Kanye West/Beyonce. R&B still seems vibrant at some level. As for rock music, it's entered a stage not dissimilar to jazz: hobbyism and incremental improvements, but no real shift.

That said, the only album from the past several years that I really, truly enjoyed was John Carpenter's Lost Themes, so I might just be an angry autist shitposting at 3:46 AM.

Absolutely not

nice buzzwords you fucking pleb

We in the same time-zone big boy

There were only two good dubstep albums and they were both from the same guy.

>inb4 "lol @ album, shut up grandpa"

if you seriously believe burial is the only good dubstep producer then you're a fucking meme

Wasn't talking about your burial or real dubstep faggots, was talking about the clubbing 2010's dubstep era, basically pop music

This is the truth. What no one on Sup Forums realizes is that they specifically browse a board about music. The other 7 billion people in the world don't care enough to look past what's insanely popular. The only music that will last is the music that's remembered. The music that's remembered is the music that was most shared/documented. Good music might rise to the top after a lot of time has passed, but if it was never popular in the first place it'll only be remembered as an influence for other artists. If anything, Lonerism will be more akin to The Velvet Underground & Nico.

Not that Tame Impala can't be seen as the Pink Floyd of this generation, but they aren't nearly there yet.

I often wonder about what modern releases will be classics and listened to many years from now.

This, where I live you mostly hear shit like Ed Sheeran and Adele on the radio.

Has the era of huge female pop stars begun to end? In the past couple years there hasn't been a successor to the Rihannas and Mileys and Katies in terms of global influence.

No. Pink Floyd actually broke new ground with their themes and songwriting. This album just copies and romanticizes the past.