If you have not watched at least five of the films listed here...

If you have not watched at least five of the films listed here, you should consider walking into an ocean and never turning back

>Pleb Filter: The List

you can't walk in an ocean retard

I've only seen 2001 and it was terrible. Or maybe I just didn't "get" it.

Sea you later.

Where's The Dark Knight?

is it jackie chan or jet li in seven samurai?

Patrician here, I have watched eight of these films

2001 is literally "I'm a pleb but don't think I am" the movie

>at least five
bit conservative

I've seen 6. Kind of put off by picking obscure pics from famous auteurs, even though a good portion of popular ones are there

Patricia Teevee here; I have seen all those and more...

Watched:

Tokyo Story
Potemkin
The Seven Samurai
L'nfant Sauage

what should i watch next?

Missing from the list:
Refn, Drive
Lucas, Star Wars
Nolan, Interstellar
Whedon, The Avengers

>being a hipster faggot

It's the quintessential pleb filter. You don't realize this because you were filtered

I have seen
What do I win?

I haven't watched a single one of these but I've watched the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, including all movies and shows.

Feels good knowing my existence pisses off a couple of pretentious fags on a Cantonese water ballet forum.

Ranking the movies I've seen from that list:

Tokyo Story
Seven Samurai
Pickpocket
Playtime
Battleship Potemkin
L'Eclisse
High and Low
Les Enfants du Paradis
Man With the Movie Camera

>No Bergman
>No Fellini
>No Tarkovsky

Riiiiiiiiight......

You made the cut but that list needs some work, consider learning a bit of film theory
Man with a movie camera shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom

pleb

>Fellini grouped together with Bergman
Fellini made some great films but he's nowhere near Bergman's level.

8 1/2 and la dolce vita alone solidify him as one of the greats

There really needs to be a seperate board for film, tv is a fucking cesspool for the art

You forgot: Gosling, Lost River

I've watched all of them, and all of them are absolute garbage. This list would be better used to weed out plebs.

You included the wrong Bressons, but I'll allow it.

>6/10 decent list would watch again with hole in bottom of popcorn box

They tried that, it was shit posted to death in about 10 minutes. I agree that Sup Forums is crap but no other board cares to discuss film as art either. /his/ is too stuck up about >muh antiquity to consider discussion on any of the humanities that have developed since the classical era and /lit/ will only deign to discuss academic film criticism.

What we need is some kinda middle brow board where everyone has seen the vatican top 100 but also makes greentext threads about Harold LLoyd getting cucked by Chaplin

This t b h, like a 4chin for adults that is not like Wizardchan

a man escaped, pickpocket, 2 or 3 things, inauguration of the pleasure dome, l'eclisse, etc.

I don't speak french

honestly, what's keeping you from going to a site more relevant to your taste and coming here for the shitposts? Sup Forums is for the masses, not to be a one stop shop for your specific taste.

Liking film as an art is not "specific taste" if anything, your argument better fits tvs current state, discussing only capeshit

fair point. but that means you should be supporting a petition for /art/, not /film/. and surely you could expect an influx of users discussing nolan/villaneuve/etc for aesthetic reasons

I guess what this board really needs is a healthy dose of elitism and pretension. I mean I don't know how discussing objectively shit movies became the norm on here, or if there ever was a point when it wasnt, as I dont visit here much for obvious reasons, but for things to ever change, some people just might need to be ridiculed into growing some taste

I'mma be watching some of these films. Thanks, f a m

Where is this list from, by the way?

never even heard of any of them.

>2001
>Tokyo story
>Potemkin
>Vivre sa vie
>The seven samurai

Looks like I made the cut.

He means walk into the ocean and keep walking till you drown dumbass

wtf is kubrick 2001? I've seen the movie about space called 2001

I've never seen or heard of any of these.

Suck my cock

Too many French films in that list.
I understand the appeal of French films to Americans, because it's an entry to European cinema. Basically, those movies are for Americans who think they're real movie connoisseurs because they watched entry level films.

back to my original point, the board exists for the overwhelming majority. there are other websites, ya'know.

i like discussing bresson, too. that doesn't mean i want Sup Forums to turn into /lit/ or r/truefilm

you can't walk in the ocean unless you have really heavy boots

judex and l'amour fou aren't entry level and i bet you haven't watched them

Only seen Seven Samurai from that list.
I dislike the French language. Somebody list 9 of those that are in English and not expensive and I'll watch them.

>Potemkin

Not even Eisenstein's best, fukken pleb

>the only old movies are good meme

please stop

Whoops, sorry, list 4 of them. I thought OP said 10 in his post.

"i talk about marxism and finger myself when i jerk off"-the list

if you think potemkin is good you are the literal definition of sheeple. LITERAL jew propaganda created with the single purpose of creating the soviet union. this isn't even Sup Forums tinfoil bullshit, just historical fact

go kill yourself you fucking faggot

>no responses
I guess nobody really cares user

You're forgetting the revolutionary ideas contained in soviet montage, and their overall contribution to film theory and film as an art. Nice try though, go jerk off over Riefenstahl some more dumbass

>watching movies
you guys realize it's just a meme, right? no patrician watches movies/films/cinema/flicks/whatever you call them

Furthermore, you can appreciate the techniques and ideas used to communicate an idea or belief without actually agreeing with what the artist is saying. If you can't move past that disagreement then you should not be appreciating art of any kind

>And /lit/ only wants to talk about academic film criticism
GOOD

>I don't know
Stop pretending, we all know it's redditors. They came for the shit and now they made it the whole board. Somehow they even got used to BLACKED posting

Hell, Id be satisfied with a regular and consistent /arthouse/ general, but those cant even seem to stay alive on this sewer of a board

don't worry, i haven't even seen a single one.

Has anybody ACTUALLY watched the entirety of Hitler: A Film From Germany?

>faggy art films