Adult wanted to kill himself

>Adult wanted to kill himself
>Had tried many times before
>Keeps telling this to an underaged girl on anti depressants for some reason
>She tells him to get help, see the same psychiatrist she went to etc.
>He refuses, wants to die too bad
>Tries to get this girl to die with him in a Romeo and Juliet style because he's a psychopath
>After months of convincing, she agrees with his decision as it appears it's the only way for him
>Starts telling him to
>One time she tells him if doesn't want to anymore that she will get him help, he refuses again
>Eventually he kills himself
>She's blamed and has to go to jail for over a year (if she loses the appeal)

Please explain how this is fair and how she's not the real victim in all this?

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2017/06/08/us/text-message-suicide-michelle-carter-conrad-roy/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably because she didnt tell the police???

Who cares

yeah, right. Who cares. Good question.

Does OP have some sort of romanticised fantastical involvement in this case?

You fillthy fucking weeboo you make me sick.

Although i entirely agree with you it's totally unfair. is there a petition we can sign or some shiet?

summer casuals everywhere today, on a different note.

Also check this OC i made.

she urged him over text

you left out the part where multiple times she told him to do it and just get it over with

Where did you go to law school?

loool yeah that seems like an important fucking fact DOESNT IT OP you filthy weeboo.

You make me sick.

This. It's basically an obligation to notify authorities if you have information about somebody who has a plan to hurt themselves or others. It generally involves filling out an Act 302 form. At least in Pennsylvania it's called an Act 302. Never searched if that's the same in other place.

thank you for the specific information

She forced him to kill himself. That is helping with murderer. She should have got life sentence for being a dumb bitch.

If she's dumb, how come he's dead and she's only maybe losing a few years off of her life?

you fucking monkey

Have you ever considered the fact that she could've just shut the fuck up and let him make the decision on his own?

If he does, then he does, he made the choice with no influence but his own.

If he doesn't, then he has to either get better or end up in the same situation.

Instead she rammed it down his throat to end it all. I don't get how you faggots can't see this. She forced herself into his decision making so hard.

How did she force him?

Shouldn't tell the police if someone is committing suicide. It's that persons right to commit suicide. Those guys who watched and laughed as that guy drown didn't go to jail, and that was a bit worse since the guy was dying against his will and would have wanted saving.

>oh no she told him to do what he had been telling her he was going to do for months, it's ok for him to say it but not her

He did make the decision.

>Remaking the thread 10 seconds after last one 404'd?
Really faggot?
It is fair because it is manslaughter. Taking actions that lead to someones death is punishable by law, even if you don't kill a person yourself. She did it - she goes to jail.

>ignoring the first sentence
Now, I know comprehension is difficult user. But what I'm doing here is offering a hypothetical situation, see?

The reason all this shit is happening is because she made the conscious decision to greatly help influence his decision making when she could've, as I said, just shut the fuck up and let him decide solely on his own.

edition.cnn.com/2017/06/08/us/text-message-suicide-michelle-carter-conrad-roy/index.html

So if I were to pay a hitman to kill somebody else, I would hold no responsibility whatsoever?

After all I didn't force him, and he made the decision to do it himself. I only applied a bit of motivation, like what she did to the guy who killed himself.

Right?

No it's not manslaughter. And taking action that leads to someone's death is not the definition of manslaughter.

Exactly. See, you get it.
It is almost like suicide. He wouldn't get in jail for attempted suicide.
You would get in jail for trying to kill somebody.
You have legal rights to damage yourself. Others don't have legal right to cause damage to you. I think it is great, personally.

One, murder is a crime. Telling someone to commit a crime is incitement and a crime. Suicide is not a crime. Also in that case, there would be a victim, the person murdered against their will, in this, there is no victim as he made the decision to kill himself. No victim, no crime.

Wiki says it is:
Criminally negligent manslaughter

Criminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, and gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales. In Scotland and some Commonwealth of Nations jurisdictions the offence of culpable homicide might apply.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability.[6] A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself or herself in a position where the defendant will be unaware of facts which would render him or her liable.

I agree, and he damaged himself, and she didn't.

So she didn't force him. She sent him texts.

Yes that's why this is happening, however she didn't actually commit a crime. And he made the decision.

Assisted suicide is illegal in the US, directly or indirectly.

Durrrr! hurrrr! "She basically hired a hitman! It's the same thing!" -For those that missed the last thread.

If written/verbal sources of information like this weren't relevant to cases, then why the fuck do they use it in practically any case ever? To imply that text messages don't mean anything is just retarded. It's about the content.

Damn u are one ignorant pathetic moron.

She told him to kill him self and did nothing to prevent him from killing himself. guilty AF. should have gotten way more time that fucking worthless piece of shit whore.

oh fuck off already

>illegal
Pussy.

This.

The whole fucking argument is about her going to jail.

What she does was illegal, whether you faggots agree with it or not.

>oh no she told him to do what he had been telling her he was going to do for months, it's ok for him to say it but not her
You said that.
And than you said this:
>I agree, and he damaged himself, and she didn't.
Get your fucking facts together,man. Did she urge him to kill himself or not? I am starting to think you either forgot it in three seconds or being intellectually dishonest (or, maybe just stupid, but benefit of the doubt).

Taking actions that result in someone's death is not manslaught, in that case it would also include all the people who made him suicidal, but obviously you're not going to say they're guilty of manslaughter. Or when people bully someone into they want suicide.

Who is the sad referee?

Fuck you you flaming pile of rat shit. I've done time. I've got no problem with it, but you argue that it's not illegal. I'm telling you it is.

Bitch ass motherfucker wouldn't call someone a pussy to their face, only does it when he's safe behind anonymity.

LMAO have you seen the fucking messages between them? this bitch is fucking insane, she coaxed him to kill himself.

i swear to god if she gets off ill destroy her vigilante style

You said she forced him to kill himself. You can try making other points but I was specifically talking about you saying she forced him to kill himself. As in, she threatened him into it, or physically made him do it, but she didn't.

Good to see you finally understand why she's wrong for what she did as you have no further defense to your bullshit flawed argument.

So now if I want to be edgy and tell some kid to kill themselves, and then they kill themselves. I'll get charged for it?

I'm pretty sure she was not underage, unless this story takes place over the span of several years

What are you saying. How do those two messages disagree with each other. He damaged himself, as in killed himself. She didn't do anything but send him texts, that is not damaging him if that is what you are implying.

I wasn't the user that said she forced him.

I just think your point is retarded. She practically degraded him every time he had second thoughts, so that might as well be forcing.

why was this thread started in the first place you gangrenous asshole.

(picunrelated thinking of making this my wallpaper what u guys fink)

Wrong she told him one time, if he didn't want to do it anymore she'll get him help, he chose the kill himself option because killing himself is what he always wanted to do.

There are different form of of coercion. It's not about if she forced him it's whether or not she contributed directly to his suicide. She chose to do that.

This is bait

>She actually got convicted
Good. Maybe she'll kill herself in prison.

Coercion means to force someone or threaten someone into doing something. She definitely did not coerce him. She did not contribute in a relevant way, she him to kill himself, then he bought everything and did everything himself.

>Or when people bully someone into they want suicide.
So what is the exact difference between this and what she does? From text transcriptions it appears that she did exactly that - shamed him into killing himself.
I cited the manslaughter only to give her a benefit of the doubt - that she did not know that he would kill himself, and thought that it was in a jest. If she actually admitted that she knew and understood that he would kill himself - that would be an assisted suicide, which is a different law, of course, but is nevertheless also illegal and punishable.
>Taking actions that result in someone's death is not manslaught
Yes it is fag, no matter how many times you say they are not.

She told him to kill himself because thats what he said he wanted, not that it matters the reason, you can tell someone to kill themselves.

This
When someone needs help and the danger for yourself is not to high for you help
If someone wants to die that's OK

99% of the people here have no understanding of Law, saying "hurr durr my freh spheech, precedent would hurt us". It wont. She didn't just 'tell' him to kill himself, she actively and intentionally convinced him to go through with it, pestering him over several days telling him to do it, and when half way through the act he chickend out, he called her and she told him toget back in the car, In that instance her relationship and power over him was enough to drive him back into the car.

Underage? She was 1 year younger than him.

She tried to help him before, thats great, but in becoming aware of his plans and letting him do it, due to the relationship created and her status as his suicide confidant she created and omission (legally punishable faliure to act). However that probably wouldnt hold up in countries like America.

This is nothing like you edgelords telling people to kill themselves online, so stop defending the cunt.
Although I'd smash. Psychotic Wallmart branded Cara Delevingne anyone?

lmao imma need to hit her up when she out so i can get convinced to an hero

No it's not fag. And I just gave examples of where people would do actions that lead to someone's death where it is obviously not manslaughter. Anyway the difference between bullying and this, is that she just said "kys" which is just what he himself had been saying. Agreeing with him on his own decision. Bullying is insults and threats and physicaly violence against someone else.

> that is not damaging him if that is what you are implying.
Only if you are stupid enough to think that by damage I only meant physical damage. I, of course, did not.
Did you or you just think that psychological damage doesn't exist? If you think that psychological damage doesn't exist or you think it is not a thing to be concerned in court of law, explain why.
Because it is. And it has been around for quite some time.

Oh i guess that makes it ok then.

Don't worry guys, its cool.

This guy over here says he wanted to kill himself.

Thats definitely an important factor in whether this retarded blonde cunt aided the death of a depressed teenager.

SHE JUST WANTED WHAT WAS BEST FOR HIM AHHHAHAH lol oh hi mark

She didn't aide in his death. He did everything himself. She just told him to kill himself. But she did just want what was best for him.

OMG A YEAR? HOW WILL SHE SURVIVE?
THANKS ALOT TRUMP

nobody who's not a piece of shit would ever tell someone to kill themself

>this one phrase cancels out all of the the other things she said

Okay.

I have one question then.
If I tell you to kys and then through some hypothetical way you do. Would I get convicted with the same charge since I assisted in murder?

This case can bring up Free Speech

She did not psychologically damage him either, whatever that means, he always wanted to kill himself. I can only take psychological damage to mean you got someone depressed or something, but she didn't do that, he always wanted to kill himself.

No. People saying that are retarded and have zero knowledge of the law. She actively attempted to persuade him over a long period of time, all the while knowing he was capable of doing and she actually wanted him to it. She intended the outcome.

Plus he pussied out half way through, and she degraded him over the phone, yelling at him to get back in the car and finish doing it.

HOW IS HIM DYING WHATS BEST FOR HIM.

Listen here, you're a fucking retard, OK?

If someone is depressed, suicide is not 'whats best for them'. it is whats worst for them.

And if you fucking text someone telling them to get it over with, youre fucking aiding in the suicide because you are encouraging it.

if they had any kind of relationship then i imagine he wouldve been rather succeptible to her suggestion at that point in his life.

you do not need to be physically involved to aid in someones suicide.

If a mother encourages her child to stab other kids with a screwdriver she is aiding in that childs eventual incarceration.

do you understand

I hope she rots in jail for a few years.

She didn't just said "kys". Did you actually do any research on fucking case? It is no that hard, you can just, you know, google it.
And no, you didn't give any examples. If, for example, he was bullied by someone other than his gf, as you said, to "make him suicidal", and that could be proven (at least with same kind of text messages that were used in her conviction) - guess what, they would also be responsible. So by your logic, what you gave as an example is a manslaughter.

It's very noteworthy, it shows his desire to kill himself, since some people think she mind controlled him into it, it shows when given the choice (he really always had the choice) that he made the choice of suicide,

>she degraded him over the phone, yelling at him to get back in the car and finish doing it.
Blows my mind how many people ignore this fact.

Everything she says in this fucking case is "noteworthy". That's why they're using those texts in the first place.

People on Sup Forums tell people to kill themselves all the time. And to be truthful I would not care if any of you decided to actually do it. But being a piece of shit is about intent, whether she thought what she was doing was malicious or selfish, but she didn't he convinced her that his death was best for him so she showed support, that is not at all being a piece of shit.

>She did not psychologically damage him either, whatever that means
So you yourself admit you don't know what psychological damage is, and still you can decide what is and is not psychological damage?
My nigga, you are retarded. You can spew more bullshit, but this in itself is proof that you are just plainly stupid and lack any logic whatsoever, which makes you a waste of time.

if she really did that, then she's a piece and shit and should be in jail for at least a few years

He tried to gas himself and when he got out, she told him to get back in
Seems like more than some edgy teen saying "kys"

You genuinely believe that this bitch didn't just want to play the victim card and be the "sad grieving girlfriend"?

She's a 17 year old girl in high school, get real.

All I'm just saying if I tell you to go kys, and then you go on to kys. Am I in the same situation as her?

I don't care about her or the kid she killed. I just want to know if it will effect my right to say go kill yourself.

I'm not saying it was best for him, who knows. But he thought it was best for him and he convinced her it was best for him. I don't have a problem with it since it only affected his own life and also it's not against the law so it's nothing like your last example of someone telling someone to break the law.

>nobody who's not a piece of shit would ever tell someone to kill themself
>People on Sup Forums tell people to kill themselves all the time
kek

No, a case like that would be too disimilar for the use of its precedent. Only when exactly the same does it have to be folowed, otherwise it can just be used as refrence.

Basically, she didnt tell him to kill himself, she coaxed him into it, continually and withhis death being the intended outcome, made even worse by the face she new he could do it and would from her persuading him.

Just telling someone to kill themselves is free speech, but she did WAY more than just say it. See what I mean? It's like asking if dropong a fingernail sized picece of paper is vandalism on the degree of spray painting on the mona lisa.

That text was noteworthy in that reply.

Relax, user. You can keep saying kys to whoever you won't. Until you actually become their bf, help them do it, and degrade them when they have second thoughts - you are in the clear.
Also there are at least several countries and states in which physician assisted suicide is legal, so maybe the legislation would be different even in this case would be different. But, I doubt it.

No I don't know what your made up phrase is. Googling it results in replacing the word damage with "trauma". Kill yourself.

I know, most people defending her act as if she just replyed "Kys" on a text once.

This.
Must be amateur hour fam

She told him to kill himself. A closer example than someone on Sup Forums telling you to kill yourself would be people inside of a chat telling a guy live streaming his suicide to kill himself. They committed no crime either.

Okay, next time I'll do something shitty, I'll make sure that I said something not shitty to counteract all the shit I do.

is that a twig sticking out of the snow on a sunny morning, or some sort of rocket?

Jesus, the way you composed your message is fucking cringy. It reminds me of a nigger who tries to act educated.

Don't waste time with damage control. I already gave up on any sign of intelligence in that small brain of yours, which makes any dialogue with you pointless. This is the last time I am responding to you.

Thanks user! That's all I cared about!

>Please explain how this is fair and how she's not the real victim in all this?

Because incitement is against the law, period. Precedent for that was established 1969. If she had told him to kill anyone other than himself we wouldn't even be talking about it because you'd recognize that as a crime.

I keep saying it, its because everybody has bebome a cuck, even Sup Forums with this shit. If some stupid cuck fagoot with mental illness wants to die then it should be a duty to everyone to make sure it gets done.

Yes, it's very clear from what she said, and the fact that she originally wanted him to live. She told him "if this is the only way you'll be happy then ok" and to her friend "I couldn't have him going on living how he was living anymore". It's clear her intent was only for him to be happy.

>implying you're not miserable

Agreed, it's fucking stupid
If you are that weak minded that all it takes is for someone to tell you to kill yourself, then maybe killing yourself is the best thing to do

No, thats what I treid to explain. Unlike her, your not doing it to the same person over time, with the actual intention of them killing themselves, aware that they had the capability to do it, don't have the relationship with them and degrade him to coax him back in to the car when he pussied out.