What are you afraid if Sup Forums?

What are you afraid if Sup Forums?
Do you ever have nightmares?
Do you have any traumatic experiences that still scare you?

You can tell us.

I am afraid of sudden death, but not death itself. I find dying in your sleep to be one of the worst ways to die.

Dude, when i was 9 my uncle died of a brain aneurysm during a barbecue party. Just one second he was up grilling, next he was just on the ground dead.

Also im terrified of porcelain dolls, i now it sounds dumb, but whenever i see one i start freaking out and have to leave as soon as i can.

I have terrible night terrors.
Been a good 10-15 years since I had a good nights sleep.
Even on medication because of it.

I used to have that every night, slept in my mums bed until i was 16. Still haunts me some nights.

i have demonic and paranormal nightmares almost every night, a am constantly afraid of apparitions and shadow people see in the dark, i fell like my brain purposely creates my own personal hell. Killer movies dont scare me put paranormal shit is fucked

It sucks. I live on my own out in the woods..
So I sleep no more than 4-5 hours per night.
Always with a light on...

adding on to this i haven't slept without my light on in a year

I keep having the same recurring nightmare almost three or four times a week.
>wake up
>normal day
>go visit my mom and has breakfast with her (she lives two miles away)
>go to work
>work full 8 hours
>go out into the parking lot
>parking lot is empty except for my car and some others scattered throughout
>unlocks car and all of a sudden im hit across the head
>fall over and see guy in a mask pick me up and put me into my car
>eyes flash open every now and again
>then I'm falling about 15 ft into water
>panic and find out im in a water tower
>hatch on top closes
>the only thing i can do is swim down to a light at the bottom
>no matter how far down i swim i can never reach the bottom
>of i try swimming back up im too deep and i down
The thing is, i do my daily routine every time and i wear different clothes, eat different breakfasts, meet different people at work. It feels like real life until i get knocked out.

>demonic and paranormal nightmares
Be happy you don't have night terrors..
Then you are awake but can't move while dreaming (even though it doesn't feel like dreaming because you know whats going on).

I always have three night terrors play out.
>old woman/shadow slowly getting closer from the end of my room
>someone sitting lying next to me breathing heavily and mumbling but I can't turn to see
>full on attack, someone on top of me beating me and scratching me

Some rarer ones like a face with black eyes and screaming outside my window happens like once every 6-7 months.

Literally thought about suicide sometimes...

I saw a penis once

I'm afraid of death. I don't get how anyone can not be afraid of dying. In whatever way. If there was some magical pill or deal or whatever I could take or make so as to live eternally I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Maybe my mind is just too weak to comprehend the idea of non-existence.
I don't have nightmares about dying though, when I have nightmares it's mostly about my wife and son dying in some car accident or something.

>live eternally
That would be a even bigger nightmare for me.
Eventually our star will die or some natural disaster will wipe all humans or life out on earth.
You'll be left alone. Forever. You could even end up just floating in space, never dying.

that sounds horrible dude now mine dosent sound as bad, your sleep paralysis sounds like hell. I've only had sleep paralysis 3 or 4 times in my life but luckily im able to squeeze my self awake before things start getting to crazy

Birds, I am fucking scares of birds. I don't like the texture of feathers. The sound that their wings make, the way they stare at you without really blinking, how unpredictable they are. Gives me chills.

i am the demonic guy once again replying to things, i too would take a immortality pill even if everyone else would be dead

OKAY
I struggled with the exact same night terrors for a while.

Don't eat or do strenuous mental work close to bedtime, and don't fall asleep on your back. These are the two strongest triggers.

Hope it helps.

I used to have sleep paralysis when i was young.
>about to fall asleep
>all of sudden loud bassy noise in my ears
>can't move
>start to see people (shadows) running around my room
>feels something grabbing my feet
>look down to see really skinny silhouette like man with two white dots for eyes
>starts to crawl over my body slowly getting closer to my face
>a mouth opens up and tries to speak
>hear a loud fucking bark
>look to my side (window next to my bed) and see this huge monster dog head outside my window
>looked like the fucking thing from never ending story
>after it barks everything goes back to normal
>this used to happen every other night
>would always wait for the dog
>but sometimes it never showed up
>i waited until everything went back to normal naturally

This went on from the age of 16 to 19 it stopped for 3 years and i just had one about four days ago. I can't go through that shit anymore man.

When I was a kid I had an "imaginary" friend that would always be around.
Was never afraid as a kid but I remember when I was around 12-13 she said horrible things to me sometimes.
Of course my parents never believed me but I can see her face and everything in precise details. She used to do things around the house, move furniture and break stuff. I always got the blame.
And it wasn't human. If anyone has see the movie Lights Out, imagine that figure in the dark. That's about as close as I can explain it.

Worst part is, I sometimes see her even now and I'm closing in on 30. Can be just a glimpse when I'm tired etc. Probably my imagination but it scares the living shit out of me.

I'm probably just batshit crazy. I hope.

Having to suddenly learn to drive. Being stuck in a car rolling down a hill or having to drive someone to the hospital, for example. Don't even know where to start.

Also I've got a panic disorder which makes me have panic attacks if a loud noise or whatever makes me jump. Something like a car pulling out unexpectedly could make me flip out at the driver, run away or burst into tears. Feels bad man.

I have a fear of losing my mind. What makes me, me? How would I know when I've lost it if it's gone?

thats FUCKED

>What are you afraid if Sup Forums?
I'm afraid that I will never be able to find something that would fulfill me and make me happy.
>Do you ever have nightmares?
Yes, quite often. I see horrifying things in my dreams. Once I was walking near my home and suddenly there was fog everywhere and rotting bodies all along the road and there was a man walking another man on a leash who was smiling at me. Sometimes I'm being tortured, my teeth falling out, etc...

>Hope it helps.
It doesn't but thanks.
I've been through 4 years of sleep therapy and such but doesn't help. Even got hooked up to machines reading brain patterns and stuff.
They go off the charts when it starts.
Strong drugs or getting black out drunk is the only thing that helps.

my mind is startling to play tricks on me when i read this stuff, thought i saw the door open but it didn't

You know what the real fucked up part is?
It happens to children all over the world, you can have a kid from Italy and a kid from the USA both describing the same thing. Drawing the same figures that their imaginary friend resemble. Often a dark figure with long hair and long thin fingers.
I did a thesis on this in university and it's strange stuff. And it almost always stops when the kids turns 14.
I'm both happy and sad I never experienced it.
The paranormal is my job (yes I'm one of those people ;)

warning to you my friend i saw this post for a reason. Trust me, some strange shit is gonna go down at your house in the next few days. I can feel it

Yeah I had that to. I called her Mommo ( Swedish child slang for grandmother)
Like 5-6 years I can remember her being around all the time. Literally playing with her, talking and everything.
Got really confused when my mom and dad told me there was no one there. Then it just stopped. Don't remember at what age but I was sad.

Mentally I'll fag here, been through periods of psychosis before. You really don't know when its happening, its only if you get better that you can look back and be like 'the fuck was I thinking'.

>off work with stress, become a hermit
>go for a walk to get some air for the first time in weeks
>thinking how amazing all the plants looks
>they look amazing holy shit these plants
>become convinced that I can see them in a way other people don't
>laughing to myself a bit because these plebs will never appreciate nature like I can
>start thinking I must be reaching some higher state of consciousness
>walking around suddenly feels like I'm in a dream, colours are brighter and everything feels somewhat detached from reality
>walk up to tree and touch it because I feel the need to thank the plants
>intense emotional bond with this tree
>feel like I've taken drugs I'm so happy
>suddenly feel super paranoid and scuttle home again

Sounds weird typing it out but this is honestly what I was thinking at the time. Total detachment from reality, but feels normal and right when its happening. I was only when I told a doc about it that I could see how far from reality I was.

Used to think that there might be some weird memory, which I'm suppressing, that is the root of most of my individuality.
But recently I started to get the impression it might just had been an accident, where I got knocked around, that's responsible for my inner tension and behavior.

Will see what happens next month, gonna get some rest/meditation/relaxation planned in the hopes I can get to the root of it.

I'm plagued by nightmares. I often wake up crying and have sleep paralysis about twice a month.

Well, besides my nightmares sometimes I see / hear strange things when I'm awake. Last time I turned around and my reflection on the mirror did motions while I was completely frozen. Usually I see a faceless person watching me from the other room or saw indistinguishable voices. These are rare and I'm not diagnosed with any mentall illness except my depression so I don't know why I can see or hear these.

I used to get this nightmare every night while living in this one apartment.
>wake up
>hear someone calling my name through the door
>open it and step out
>im in my childhood home that burnt down
>my room was upstarts at the end of the hall
>everything was burnt (but not destroyed)
>hear my mother's voice singing (audibly in my ear) as something is walking up the stairs
>it looked like my mom but was missing her face (just a black pit where her face should be)
>i freak the fuck out a dash past her down the stairs and out the front door
>running down the street
>everyone is missing their faces i hear muffled screams from every direction
>get to my apartment, get into my room and lock the door
>sitting in my bed rocking
>something knocking at my door
>grab closest thing to a weapon i can
>scream "who the fuck is it"
>my gf responds with "its me silly"
>sigh of relief as i open the door
>she has her face
>i explain everything
>she giggles and calls me silly again
>tells me she has a gift and hands me a photograph
>look down at the photo
>it's a picture of her screaming while bound to a table
>look back at her terrified
>her face is gone
>loudest blood curdling scream as a hand reaches out of the whole that his her face
>wake up shaking
After i moved out of that apartment I've never had it again.

hey are there any stabbers down there?

Sometimes I hear screaming and chanting from the cemetery near my house. Other neighbors do as well.
The cops has been out there several times in case it was kids or crimes going on but never found anything. And the second the cops leave it starts again.
I'm not a "paranormal" kind of person but it's freaky as shit. I never walk across the park that goes through it anymore.

Every time I see that picture he just looks like the kinda weird but friendly downstairs neighbour asking if you wanna hit a bong with him.

On topic though, whenI was a kid I used to have pretty regular dreams about being chased at night across the fields near my family home.
They stopped at about 10 if I remember rightly, though when I was 12 and went for a walk across the fields at night for the first time I was still a little spooped.

nope no stabbers down her mista

That's fucked dude...

good story, saw a movie about that

StabbeRS? Or stabber? Because there's no stabbers down here, kid. Come see for yourself!

Before i was born my brother used to tell stories about "the chocolate man" and how he told him things about his younger brother.
This is all according to my mom
>mom and dad leaves for a party
>hires baby sitter for the night
>by brother (7) slept on the top bunch and sister (8) on the bottom
>baby sitter hears a quite conversation from the kid's room
>says "you two are supposed to be asleep"j
>she turns the corner and sees this fucking tall silhouette like thing hunched over the top bunk
>it's gone the next second
>brother sits up
>looks her dead in the eyes
>"you scared him away"
>she calls my parents that instant
>parents rush home police are there talking to my brother
>my dad thinks it'd be funny to ask him what the man told him
>brother starts spewing it stories about his younger brother
>he was born with 8 toes
>he has hair down to his back
>he hurt his leg in a forest
>he burnt his hand during a party
>other things
Cont.

Bees, hornets, and wasps. basically anything that flies, buzzes, and can sting you. I have stress dreams where im being swarmed by flying insects trying to sting me and people either watching me or dead from swarm. Highschool was always rough for me in the summer and spring cause the bees and hornets would all be out at my lunch period and land on my food. I know theyre harmless if you dont agitate them but i for the life of me cannot be near them.

It the category of imaginary friends, it's the illustrations made by kids and people who had them as kids that gives you the best idea of why it's so terrifying.
And for some reason the children is almost never afraid of what they see, yet it's nightmare fuel for everyone else. And like the other user said, it's a world wide thing among millions of kids.
>pic related, drawings made by both teens and a small child depicting what they saw/is seeing

>i was born with two toes suck together on each foot
>i grow my hair out every year and donate it
>four years ago i went camping with friends, fell down a hill and fractured my knee
>two Years ago at a bonfire i dropped my hatchet into the fire and grabbed it out of the flame and burnt the shit out of my hand

There are stories like two more stories my mom has in a notebook that she keeps hidden from me so i don't see my "future" she thinks this is all real and i think she's a bullshit lier. My brother says he doesn't remember anything like that.

I got one that fucked me up for a bit

>Be 28
>Work at local game store
>Guy comes in every other day
>We talk about random games and shit
>He's a pretty cool guy
>One day he asks if I want to chill after work
>We grab some food and head to his place
>He lives with his parents still
>His house is ghetto as fuck
>House is rotting and the lawn is dead
>Inside is semi-clean
>Looks like a normal house on the inside
>His parents are totally monotone
>No facial expressions or voice tones at all
>Really creepy but whatever
>We head to his room to finish our food
>Normal looking room
>Right away notice this awful smell
>Smells like really bad wet metal
>Can't even finish my food so I ask him
>"Oh that smell is just my blood bags"
>Confused as fuck
>"Under my bed I keep a bunch of my blood"
>I quickly stand up from sitting on his bed
>He pulls out a duffle bag from under the bed
>Unzips it and pulls out a bunch of zip-lock bags
>They're full of dark red liquid
>"I keep all the blood I've ever split in here"
>His expression turns blank like his parents
>"You know, for when they try to kill me..."
>There were at least 30 bags of blood in there
>I grab my things and quickly leave

Turns out he was just a total fucking freak, he explained to me that he started cutting himself when he was bullied in high school, and he started just collecting the blood in little plastic bags, but these bags were FILLED TO THE FUCKING BRIM, so I have no idea what was really in them, doubt it was 100% blood, the smell stuck with me for the longest time, I remember chain washing my clothes and gargling mouthwash to try to get the taste out of my head, he also talked about being a reincarnation of a mountain lion.

I've struggled with sleep paralysis for years and it still scares the shit out of me. I have never seen any beings or silhouettes but just about every time it happens the same way.

I'll suddenly wake up with a feeling that something is wrong. I soon realize that I can't get up or even raise my head. Sometimes I can wiggle my fingers or toes and I have actually tried to wake my fiance up multiple times by tapping her with my toe or finger.

Not every time but often I'm unable to breathe. I can even feel myself fighting against it. Like I try and raise my head up and open my eyes but I can only raise it about an inch before I feel physically drained and have to give in. Sometimes I'm able barely open my eyes but the same thing happens. Like there is some external force fighting me to keep me in this state. It always ends with me bursting up and gasping for breath as if I've been underwater.

I wish I had more answers but to me it feels like something draining me rather than trying to scare or communicate with me.

Also the creepiest time it happened was in the common room of my college dorm. There were 4 other people in the room, light on, tv on, drinking and talking. I could hear everything they were saying but I couldn't snap out of it. That one lasted a REALLY long time.

It seems when this happens if someone touches me in a familiar way it breaks me out of it.

That middle one is something else man. Very creepy. It triggers all the right creepiness sensors in my brain

When i was a about 9 years old i had an "imaginary friend" who wore this mask, she would tell me to do stuff for her and if i didn't she would take it off and it was fucking terrifying. So i did (mostly) everything she asked me to. It was stuff like move that, draw this, say this, and the worst of it, she told me to kill the neighbors dog because it wouldn't stop barking. I refused, the mask came off and i screamed at her, not in fear but anger. That was the last time i saw it.

it's already time to stop believing in santa clause no?

honestly if a ghost girl or something popped in my room, i'd just give it a clean right hook to the jaw and basically knock it out, and then i'd just fuck her while unconscious

I don't really have nightmares but I see things before falling asleep. It's hard to explain. It starts with a dream but it's not a usual dream because I'm awake and I know that it's just a dream. These aren't scary at all just everyday situations. In that "dream" I see something completely normal and for some reason I freak out of it. After that I start to see pictures about everything from children bathing happily to dead bodies. I can't stop it because if I open my eyes I still see them. There are a few ways to escape from these. The one I use the most often is I don't go sleep till I can't be awake anymore. The other one is to sleep with other people.

fuck that's creepy

> ghost girl
> fuck her
I guess this time, you'll be the one asking
> is it in yet, i can't feel anything?

I'm claustrophobic and I absolutely hate small spaces and type of stuff. Small caves and tunnels in particular. There's nothing more terrifying than being in a tiny little dark hole with nothing but solid rock all around you and no way to escape. The fact that underwater cave diving even exists fucking baffles my mind. There is literally no amount of money you could pay me to get me to do that.

hey man, since i was a teen i have been sexualizing my fears, its the reason to why i never have nightmares

> it's the reason I don't have nightmares
Only wet dreams

im so sorry for you :(
have you tried techniques for lucid dreams?
then you can alter what happens to you I think.
Prolong your life, just fuck every night or so :D

im so sorry for you :(
have you tried techniques for lucid dreams?
then you can alter what happens to you I think.
Prolong your life, just fuck every night or so :D

that was ment for the night terror guy, but you could probably also profit from trying lucid dream techniques

I hate lifts. Metal ones in particular. Always been afraid of getting stuck in them.

pretty much, anytime i have a dream that would start off as a nightmare would always end in me fucking whatever is haunting my dreams, highly recommend learning this skill

that sounds soooo fucked up, omg!
i guess the part at the beginning that's so detailed and normal convincing you youre awake makes it even worse

I'm afraid to die alone without anyone to love, it's not the sex either I just want someone I can love and talk too and cuddle with

usually 1-2times/month when i'm dreaming (doesn't matter what is the dream) i trying to YELL but I can't. I can only speak at the normal volume.
it's frustrating

im so sorry about that. thats very awful.

Where at

I'm afraid I'll never be the man my father is

I'm afraid I'll never be the person I think I deserve to be

>I'm afraid I'll never be the person I think I deserve to be
> the person I think I deserve to be
How do you deserve to be a certain person and what made you deserve it? Do you already deserve it, or is it an upcoming event that will decide, whether you're worthy of living the life you'd like to live or not?

This is why I don't hangout with people I meet from/at work, met someone who had a fetish for hanging dolls from the ceiling, was the creepiest shit I have ever seen.

When i was 9 my dad left for Germany for a few weeks, when he came back everybody acted normal but i was convinced that he wasn't my dad. I kept asking him personal questions, i watched him carefully every day to see if anything is off, i listened to the way he talked, i took notes of every fucking thing he did. Nothing anyone could do or say would convince me that he was my father. Then he left for again for another week and came back, that's when i finally believed it was him again.

I mean even now i think it's weird, but according to my mom the main argument i had that he wasn't really him was "his eyes are just not the same".

What about sleeping together with gf/bf? Does it do anything?

I had this weird dream about a disfigured voluptuous black lady about a week ago. I was on this short cliff and I saw her standing on the ground in front of it. I looked down and that's when I saw her, she looked up and it was so fucking weird, she looked like some disfigured glitched character on some 3D video game. It kinda reminded me of those weird "shrek is love shrek is life" type animations you find on YouTube where the animator purposefully disfigures the characters so as to achieve a comedic effect. This lady looked similar to that only much eerier and creepier, like some statue that had been carved really badly, or a real life Picasso... but sorta different to all of that. Very difficult to explain. Anyway so when I looked down at her she twisted her disfigured face up at me and so I (for some pointless reason) actually ran down the side of the fucking cliff, where it sloped down and eventually touched the ground (I foolishly did this as opposed to simply running in the opposite direction to where she was). She chased me for a bit until I used my technique for waking up from nightmares (always works) which is blinking my eyes very rapidly. I woke up at about 5am and didn't want to fall asleep again in the hope that I would just fall into that dream again.

:((((

I feel indirectly responsible for the death of at least 3 people

I know I'm capable of doing a lot more with my life. But I'm comfortable, it's easy, and I'm getting by without too much struggle. But I could be more. Everyday that goes by is an unnoticable change, but it's been happening like this for 20 years, and soon I'll just be dead.

other humans. just going outside is hard for me.
life sucks, I will die as a virgin too.

Nope still happens. My gf wakes me up sometimes when she notices but thats all.

everything dies alone, mate. Be so focused on enjoying life, that everything else becomes unnecessary. A girl will come along.

my nigga btw. I'm this guy

So instead of being happy with your comfortable life. You've made up a conceptual test, that you have to past, in order to be happy with yourself, but never will, since the test is designed in a way, that you'll never take/pass it?

Am I the only one that is fucking terrified by clowns?

I am afraid of ayyy lmaos

I used to be scared kid, saw some ghosts and had pretty wild imagination.
Now at almost 40, i honestly am not afraid of anything.

dude, when you die thats not the end lmao you're crazy brainwashed

For the first time last night I experienced something really weird. I was sleeping, but I was awake at the same time. I've heard a lot about this before but I've never experienced it myself. I was aware that I was awake while still sleeping, so in my dream I guess, I managed to get out of bed and exit my bedroom. I got to the hallway, and there were someone there looking at me. I freaked the fuck out and then I woke up. I'm really scared that this will happen again.
Also, I'm really scared of the deep, dark sea.

I'm terrified of humans and social interactions in real life.
I live on my own. Have no contact with anyone.

exactly this. consciousness lives on, still afraid of an heroing though cause I don't know if and how this will affect me in the afterlife

I know, we all go to Valhalla.

I am afraid of becoming disabled.
While beeing physically handicapped would be a major problem I am more worried about becoming a full time potato

sounds like astral travelling did you see yourself laying on your bed?

I didn't see myself, I never looked back. Everything was really dark so I didn't really see much. So I'm not sure if this was just a dream or if I actually got out of bed half alseep.

>onsciousness lives on
im glad you understand consciousness lives on, not alot of people get it, i dont believe in relgion or anything but i know for a fact my consciousness is what makes me, not this human body or these feelings or sent or site, non of that, my consciousness is me, so many fukin people or so ignorant to understand that

No way. That's the nicest way to die (if you keep a clean internet history). It's just over before you know it. The pain of a death is more scary than actual death you know. Instant peaceful death is something we should hope for.

Ever consider you might be, well, not possessed exactly, but paired off with/pursued and speficially targeted by demonic entities?

Sounds like you have a spastic adrenal gland... Shitty.

I look forward to the day when we finally understand what causes this in people.

I am also convinced I have repressed memories that are the center of most of my relationship-deadening habitualities (

you can go there if you want, you can go/create any simulation you like after death in this simulation.

I know you do. The light makes it harder for you to see me out there.

Kek gotta be really desperate to travel that far to spy on someone.

Twice in my life I have had random dream sex with entities that would normally scare the fucking shit out of me. And the got over the fear. Weird.

Your conciousness is a byproduct of your brain. When your brain dies so does your conciousness. Or, you know, maybe not. You won't know til you know...

The other night I had a dream that my wife managed to talk me into cutting of our two year old daughters arms and legs. After it was done, she could still move her toes and feel her limbs but she couldn't do anything but lay there and cry. Most of the dream was really just me sobbing and my internal voice screaming "But why did I do it?" over and over.
My daughter didn't look two in the dream, she looked like a newborn.

We've been arguing about whether we can afford to send her to a private school or not, and I've been pushing for home schooling, so I'm assuming the dream was related to that.

Still fucked me up pretty bad tbh.

i know