ITT: we speculate what GTA 10 will be like in 20-30 years time

ITT: we speculate what GTA 10 will be like in 20-30 years time

Shit

you play as a transgender and kill everyone who addresses you by the wrong pronoun.

All female npcs are feminists

intéressant

And they're unkillable

About as close as they'll ever get to a main female character.

You can cyber punch the 12 year old trans girl who called you a bigot

You must pay by card for a new life each time you get wasted or busted.

100HP = $5
500HP = $20
1000HP = $39.99

you play as an old asian lady

>3 starter cars
>unlock additional cars with $5 DLC
>unlock paint skins by sharing gameplay videos with friends
>main character will be a strong black woman who don't need no man

GTA 3 had a cheat that would change your outwards appearance to one of a random NPC. You could use it to play as an old lady but I'm not sure if there were any old asian lady NPCs.

we'll never make it before SJW and PC culture destroys anything and everything about the game. more and more people will need to buy the games for rockstar to make money and because every kid is growing up in this progressive bullshit world they wont be able to handle even small amounts of animated violence. eventually rockstar will have to change the fundamentals of the game so much you're basically just playing a third person Sims. everything will follow this path. you can see it already, elder scrolls used to have archaic and genuine atmosphere but that didnt sell well in the mainstream so they dumb it down again and again until its basically just a first person slasher. fuck this place, fuck everyone.

If only God of War would've made it further...

Discontinued, of course.

and if you bump into one in the street she shouts rape, before a herd suddenly gathers and chases you down the street.

Something like that chase scene from the beginning of the 5th element

We will probably have to pay a subscription fee on top of a subscription fee plus pay for access to all the DLC they shit out each week. If you don't buy the DLC the game will be so difficult and unplayable.

Maybe I'll finally be able to go into any fucking building I want

Must we insist on worming our bitterness towards feminism into every discussion here? Could you not just fuck off and post in one of the 30 other threads here that actually are about whining over feminism and social justice?

>bitter about being bitter
wew lad

GTA X?
It's obvious. GTA IV had one main protagonist, GTA V had 3 protagonists, so in keeping with the current trend VI will have 9, VII will have 27, VIII will have 81, IX will have 243, and X will have 729 main protagonists.

Virtual reality is at its best, people actually live in gta, in there you can choose to live among npc or live among the rest of fat asses that play it, obesity has reached critical numbers, reproduction is down as fuck

Don't be a sore pussy

You missed the point. There's being bitter and there's being bitter all the time about the same thing. These days >50% of discussions here seem to devolve into anti-SJW reactionary circlejerks.

The most ridiculous thing about it is that most people IRL aren't even feminists. I'm 24 in a few months and not once have I encountered any vocal feminists nor any people complaining about them. I only see those sort in screen caps and half of them are probably just Sup Forumstards trolling themselves. Americans really are cancer.

in the next ten to twenty years ? Well, There will be a GTA VI, undertitled GTA VI(ce) located in vice city with a new kind of story line alternating between present and past : years 1980 and on.
Some people will call this a rip off, some will enjoy it reminding the good times they had in mafia 2, but many will feel Rockstar missed something for the first time in its history Soon after the release, there will be an online version of the game, with a few patches, essentially the same activities that are present in GTA V with a shitload of dlc's. Shitstorm will ensue all over the internets. Rockstar discontinue the GTA licence and will eventually sell the licence to another little studio, later bought by Ubisoft. Ubisoft will act as usual and release a new GTA each year, until they murder the licence to the point this name will no longer be synonym of a good game to anyone. Five more years, and Ubisoft will try to reboot the GTA franchise by releasing a new game simply called "GTA".
This new GTA will be mixed with Watch Dogs elements and will have an overcomplicated bland plot, a shitload of bugs and a management aspect that will essentially rest on DLC content. There will be a sequel two years later produced by ex Bethesda and 2k employees hired for the occasion. This sequel will be located in a post apocalyptic future, where humans live in artificial colonies while the vast majority of survivors roam the dry borderlands, massively inspired by the long dead franchises of Fallout and Borderlands. Less DLC here, but the game quickly turns into an online battle royale with vehicles, outposts, most players prefering playing the game this way. Ubisoft try to damage control and adapt to players behavior, releases new patches and a lot of DLC, leaving people with no vehicles, Shitstorm ensues and the game becomes a "walking simulator", half of the dev team leave and announce a new kickstarter about their future Battle royale game
>to be continued

>bitter about being bitter about people being bitter
You don't get satire, do you old man?

Cont?

There is a chance that video games will be generated through our imagination by that time. Similar to how we dream, the "console" could possibly tap into your sub-conscience and generate the world as we see it with our own two eyes. No more texture maps etc. Just a simulation from the individuals imagination.

the foundation will be built and the program then tells your brain "that is grass" "this is concrete" and your mind fills in the detail, it will all work on a sub-conscious level obviously. Our brains are just like computers in theory, so it's possible.

You will have to link your bank account to play and everything cost real money, you will also get banned permanently if you say anything racist, sexism or bigoted

. Meanwhile, the new Kickstarter franchise is massively funded by angry players, few gameplay sequences are released to the public, things seem to go pretty well. Ubisoft has a panic attack and sues its ex employees for futile reasons.
>kickstarter campaign intensifies
Eventually Ubi seem to find an agreement with the new studio and they announce their "Walking simulator" will have a new massive extension taking place in an alternate reality. Inspired by the former Farcy franchise, they start developping a uchronic game where vehicles are no longer important because it takes place in pre-historic times and players will have to craft things, weapons and outposts
>press X to doubt
some old fags remembering about Ark are laughing their arse off
Ubi decides that players are given too much freedom in their new game and introduce external NPCs to threaten their security.
>mfw zombies are banned in video games after the great zombie plague of 2030, too soon.jpg
Ubi decides to introduce dinosaurs and other saurian-like beasts. Meanwhile, kickstarter Battleroyale project has come to an end and the new company pledges allegiance to Lord Gaben, Valve officially releases "Grand Borderlands Battles", massive success.
Ubi decides to go on with their now-stillborn project. But all alpha testers just state that there is too much walking in the game before encountering other players, and dinosaurs are too agressive.
>Ubi introduces a friendly dinosaur faction that can be used for transportation as mounts
>Ubi decides to implant the scenario with a kind of Abstergo time machine that brings each player to his pre-historic relative... Because... fuck
eventually new Ubisoft blockbuster launches, players are released into the wilderness a special launching event takes place where they will all get into the game via a giant door at Abstergo labs.
The first players open the door
>ohshitadinosaur.jpg
>it's friendly
>Everybody goes "open the door, walk the dinosaur"

All of California including San Francisco would be sick as fuck

with dementia and schizophrenia. Also your legs don't work because diabetes. All that happens is your grandson comes in every morning to feed you soup.

Sometimes he forgets. Then one day he just stops coming. WASTED

{mah nigha

There are no stresses in German language.

> intéressant
Bullshit

> interessant
Proper German spelling

You put acod in the bongwaterWherr do you work? Wtf

banned

GTA with VR will be too much for soft cunts

Imagine VR capabilities then... Wow I suppose I would quit life and live in Vr.

Franchise will hopefully be dead by then, or will have rotted from the inside thanks to pressures from a stagnating industry.

with dev cycles getting longer (and budgets bigger), I very much doubt that you'll see GTA X in 2050.

Vice City too 2 years.
SA took 3 years.
GTA IV took 4 and a half.
GTA V took 5 and a half

now this part is speculation, as I've not worked for R* since 2008, but:

GTA Online has been a massively successful cash cow. a string of updates thst still continues to today.

so, I expect GTA VI to take about 6-7 years, meaning an announcement in 2019, and release in 2020. Its likely to be a 50/50 mix of offline single-player and multiplayer, and will contain several years of updates to keep it selling - same as GTAV.

GTA VII, I expect would take 8 years, so we're looking at 2028

and GTA VIII, 9-10 years.

the last few years have seen a bit of a decline in Moore's law - graphical fidelity is starting to plateau, for example. That allows the devs to get away with those long dev cycles with a midlife facelift, in the form of HD / UHD packs, or the likes.

I can see development of a GTA VIII / IX in about 25 years time consisting of a persistent online world, where players can seamlessly join others, or can pull out seamlessly into a sandbox form where there's not all the players wreaking havoc.

As for storylines? well, if you're still a basement-dwelling troglodyte like the idiots going on about transgenders and feminists, and have yet to work out that R*'s dev team are very happy to take the piss out of such stuff, there's not much hope for you ever coming out of the basement before 2047 either.
For the rest of us, my honest thought, and I know its one shared by some of the staff who still work there, is that the US' real-world political insanity is making contemporary GTA games difficult to create, because every time they think up something absurd, the real-life politicians go and do something even more insane.
As such I would not be at all surprised in at least one or two of thefuture GTA games will be "retro" titles, in the 60's/70's/80's/90's.

That would be kind of cool. Add in some Bladerunner industrial bits, and you can have my money!

Full of micropay, 1000% pink bugattis and ten year olds, you're only aloud to play in passive mode.

GTA 10 will be a free to play, mobile game for android and IOS. You will play as Rodrigo Sanchez, a sentient Artificial Intelligent robo hybrid, who recently has downloaded the personality of Adolf Hitler, and is now hell bent on revenge against the jews. You must choose to either play to this end and recreate the holocaust, or fight against.

these games suck, fuck you

Underrated.
Also, I expect much more vr immersion. Especially with the hookers.

By that point, it'll probably be in cryptocurrency.

lol

You play as motifa with her sidekick Bart Simpson, and you kill all who defy the Bart religion and worship Lisa or Homer

I want a gmod-esque customization system that lets me build a super-custom battlewagon from half a royalty-free kia ripoff, a set of tank tracks, a train snowplow, and about twenty slushy machines in the back half of an icecream truck. And spikes. Lots of spikes.