Is 'LOL EVERYBODY DIES' the only reason why this was so acclaimed? Scorsese has made much better films

Is 'LOL EVERYBODY DIES' the only reason why this was so acclaimed? Scorsese has made much better films.

It was a well acted, well structured, and entertaining crime drama. Yes Scorsese has made better films, but it doesn't mean that this one isn't good all of a sudden

I didn't gave a fuck that everybody died. I enjoyed every moment of that kino.

I thought it was kind of hilarious how everyone just abruptly gets killed off in the last 20 minutes. It reminded me of Hamlet when most of the surviving characters get killed off in the last couple scenes.

chink source material > this pile of shit

That chink crap is fucking garbage and no one outside of Chingchongland had even heard of it until the Departed came out. Have you actually seen it? It's over acted, over dramatic, over stylized schlop. The Departed is superior in every way.

This board has always hated the Departed though, as far back as I can remember. But this board loves to hate on Scorsese because he's popular. Same with Leo. And to top it off its an adaption of a foreign language movie. That's like the fucking trifecta perfect storm for impotent neckbeard contrarian autismal rage.

>'le bad guy gets what's coming to him ending

What a dumb ending

Excellent rebuttle
May I subscribe to your LiveJournal, brosefski?

@74105046
thanks for that (You) bud, I'll keep it in my back pocket

I finished the thought: "Gee, I wonder why they call this movie 'The Departed'?" Literally the moment Leo got capped.

well with that logic GoT and TWD are the greatest tv shows ever

This is an interesting theory that Matt Damon's character was gay. He couldn't get it up during sex and he gets overly offended when called a faggot. He was all about seeing macho.

It was the only one of those fan theories that I thought made sense.

>higher average rating
>more reviews counted
>vastly higher user ratings

are you trying to show that the Departed was more popular and well received across a wider audience?

Costello was also a faggot too or some shit like that. Banging those little boys who grew up hanging around his shop on L street.

Mark Wahlberg didn't die

>well acted
>Jack Nicholson
>those stupid BAWSTON accents
wew lad

What did he mean by this?

both of these theories make too much sense and there is too much evidence in the film for them to be discounted

see

I always took it as pretty much a comedy.

>it's another Leonardo DiCaprio has an unconvincing accent flick

>those stupid BAWSTON accents
>mfw Vietnam fucking shit detected

I thought Matt couldn't get it up because of the whole "double agent" thing he was pulling and how it messed him up inside, Leo experienced that in other ways.

I just kinda hate it because it sucks compared to Infernal Affairs. Doesn't help that it's a mix of all three movies (sequels are not very good).

Also not a fan of the cast and how they got rid of the morse stuff.

>Give him a whiff of my ass and he'll crawl right on.

What did he mean by this?

Kind of debunked by the scene wherein Colin checks out the chick in the office when he first arrives. Why would he even bother if he wasn't interested? Why would he also put on the charm and obvious "I'm addressing you because I'm interested." smile and general attitude when he met Madolyn in the elevator? If he were closeted, I really just don't think he'd go through this much trouble FAWR it especially when it's nothing that Costello seemingly pestered him about, and even then, he had to have known Costello were the type to threaten your significant other as a muscle move as he did in the "Laryngectomy" scene, therefor even if he WERE closeted and DID feel pressured into finding someone, would he really go through that much trouble to find a chick knowing he could potentially put her in a bad position just for being attached to him? He doesn't strike me as a bad person at all, just morally grayed out in the obvious areas.