youtube.com/watch?v=5T8G987Xp_0
youtube.com/watch?v=R3BwNeIsPe4
thecoli.com/forums/the-ring.41/
youtube.com/watch?v=5VLWBVpL23k
youtube.com/watch?v=C-HsB9tcqMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bamned?

/box/ btfo by musular elite superior amerisports

>sky customers who attempted to purchase this event via their remote would not have been able to do so and would have encountered a 'blue screen'
>this was an issue outside our control
>this issue did not arise with those watching on virgin or online

really REALLY gets the synapses firing

Fuckin Superbowl blew our thread the fuck out in a matter of minutes
Glad we're back though

starting to enjoy /box/ more than the forums all we need is some of the brits meeting up to fight

No point lad, I could heem any of them without even trying.

ILL DO YOU IN YOUR BACK GARDEN

LIKE I DONE DEANO

YOURE A BUM, BUM

weeeeeew

damn we got completely cucked

Feel violated

Bigger than the superbowl tbqh

just realised a few hours ago that Klitschko's winning this havent stopped laughing since

kovalev robbed, fuck andre ward

We win either way. Joshua getting exposed as a one dimensional chinny fighter has the most meme potential but Klitschko getting stiffed will be best for boxing

Who do you believe?

youtube.com/watch?v=xwuEorwEo-k

youtube.com/watch?v=H2bGniiSTaQ

youtube.com/watch?v=LyROnVf1n4E

oops

youtube.com/watch?v=5T8G987Xp_0

The people's champ

i hope they both heem themselves

It wasn't available for me on Virgin, and apparently I wasn't the only one

I can't decide what's going to happen: either Joshua gets hypnotised by Wlad's jab and then gasses late, or Wlad gets popped by a counter right over his jab and does the Judah dance

The union mob guy who has probably strangled 5 guys to death makes me laugh. So stereotypical

who should he have fought to convince /box/tards that he wasn't that bad?

He could've been the guy to expose Pavlik and Dawson. Those fights were there for him, and although neither turned out to be as great as people thought they might be, beating them would've done wonders for Joe's legacy in America

I quite like him but he should've bulked up to heavyweight or slimmed down to middleweight.

Or at least knocked out Froch.

this, he should've gone to America after the Lacy fight

but he was too big for mw and too small for hw

I wasn't into boxing at that time - have there been negotiations/talks between Calzaghe and Froch? because Froch wasn't even a world champion when Calzaghe moved to light hw

Froch had been calling him out basically since he turned pro, but he hadn't really earned the fight yet. No one really cared about Froch before the Super Six, from what I recall

Only plebs think he's bad

The British boxing media overrates him though. I've heard tonnes of people unironically refer to him as the greatest British fighter ever, which is an insult to our boxing history

When it comes to skill I would rate him that desu. Resume no

Was he that skilled? I always thought of him as a guy who depended heavily on his athleticism. His punching form was pretty bad and he was there to be hit at times. Honestly someone like Frampton or Brook looks better schooled to me

his work rate, stamina, speed, volume punching, how he quickly adapted to new tactics etc makes him better than any other british boxer imo.

Honestly I don't think he's better than Eubank, Benn, Watson, Collins or Graham. They're all roughly the same level and I reckon Calzaghe would take a few losses against those guys in their primes

Is Check Hook Boxing the best forum in terms of knowledge, civility, etc.? I browse Boxing Scene sometimes but it just seems full of schizophrenic niggers these days, like a Mayweather family reunion

I think he would UD all of them easily desu, super middleweights that would give him trouble would be James Toney and prime RJJ

I dunno, those guys are better than Kessler to me (Joe's best win), which wasn't "easy", though it was clear enough

Hopkins and McCallum in their primes would've beaten him too, though they skipped 168 in reality. Him vs. Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev would be 50-50 fights too in my book

Funnily enough Calzaghe and Bhop were gonna fight in 2002 but Bhop ran away at the last minute

Hopkins was still a middleweight in 2002. He ducked him in the same way Golovkin ducked Ward, I suppose. Plus he always had an overinflated sense of his own worth, he should have accepted 40% for the Jones rematch too. He still fought Joe in the end and arguably beat him

Joe's best win was Bhop and he was better than all of them
top p4p boxer at the time and seen as the king of LHW at the time.

Joe's work rate dominated Hopkins after the early rounds, Hopkins knew this and tried to cheat to get points deducted off Joe. Joe landed far more punches and at a high connect percentage

who is the best british boxer? your guys have a habit to not live up to the hype, i.e. Hatton, Nas.

Eubanks Sr, or benn are pretty highly rated tho

>lennox is claimed by the leafs btw

Unironically Bob Fitzsimmons

Undoubtedly some pre-War boxer like Bob Fitzsimmons, Ted Kid Lewis, Jack Kid Berg, Jimmy Wilde, etc.

Post-War it's a little harder to say. Ken Buchanan, Randy Turpin, John Conteh, Herol Graham, Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn and Joe Calzaghe usually get mentioned

Boxingscene has probably 100 flame war threads for every 1 good thread. I am sure the OGs that signed up in 2005 or something know some stuff about boxing but the forum has declined so much that it seems they hardly post anymore.

Checkhookboxing is probably the way to go.

>Boxingscene has probably 100 flame war threads

lel, every single fucking day.
>BUMLOVKIN IS A FRAUD
>why doesn't lil g accept the offer?
>Andre CoWard ducking Kovalev????
>pacroid making more excuses baka
>PUSSYNELO FIGHTING CAB DRIVERS!
>AJ on roids??????

yeah it's the best one

what a moment

>90,000

delet this

>feather fisted

I would unironically put Froch above the likes of Turpin, Conteh, Grahman and Eubank sr.

delete this or I'll kms

Don't forget there were fewer titles and divisions back then when comparing their boxrecs

How big would Saunders vs Eubank Jr 2 be now? Could they sell out a stadium with it?

Probably about the same as last time

Both of them are fucking awful. How did they get to be such big stars in the UK?

They're not big stars. Eubank is a little better known because of his father, but few people feel strongly about him one way or the other

Joshua and Haye are the only boxers I'd call big stars right now. Maybe Khan - his name is well known, but again, since he moved to America no one feels particularly strongly about him any more

nobody likes Saunders apart from fellow gyppos

Eubank is mentioned pretty consistently in the boxing media here. Maybe it's just because he talks so much.

Calling out Ward and Golovkin I guess is pretty easy way to get press.

>Joshua and Haye are the only boxers I'd call big stars right now. Maybe Khan

Agreed but honestly I think Crolla does a better live gate than Khan would these days.

Only muslims would still have any interest Khan, he's been exposed countless times and is only talked about more than Kell Brook because he did a stint in the US. If he did a PPV against anyone but Brook in this country it would be a bomb

I mentioned Khan because I think that although few people are still interested in him, most people know who he is. A sort of passive or latent name value. Whereas Brook probably has more enthusiastic fans (i.e. people who'd actually spend money to see him fight) but most people who don't follow boxing wouldn't even recognise him on the street

>would be a bomb
lel

lol

Yeah right. Khan's argument is because The Sun writes about his wife and his bullshit celebrity lifestyle sometimes this translates into PPV buys but it won't. Brook with Eddie Hearn to hype him up and sell the fight is on par with Amir Khan and it just comes down to him not wanting to get beat. Joshua and Haye are the only real stars because you can put them against anyone and it will still sell.

brooks resume consists of a SD of Porter

He just fought Golovkin on PPV and did very good numbers and he's with a promoter who has an exclusive contract with Sky Sports. Khan's leverage is imaginary and boils down to him refusing to do the fight unless he's over paid

He beat a more on-form Porter clearer than Thurman did

And soon he'll expose Spence too

canelo trying to speak english is a 10/10 when it comes to cuteness

youtube.com/watch?v=R3BwNeIsPe4

LESS DO DEES

jesus christ you'd think they'd put a bit more effort into their "ads"

Hasn't Errol Spence's non-defense havin' ass been exposed yet?

Anyway, good fight, glad if it gets made.

if Errol Spence enclosed a residential domicile, he'd be Errol Fence

what, yous some sort of wiseguy?

Canelo's been fighting in the states for like 7 years and still cant talk English, Lomachenko for 4 and they say he can almost talk perfect english, but wont do interviews in english because he's a perfectionist

in my opinion this is Khan's only option. he cant beat any big fighter at 147 anymore, and theres been a demand for a Kahn/Brook fight. should just take what he can and retire rich before another KO leaves him brain damaged

I keep posting this one because it's the only one I could be bothered making. kek

So what's the best boxing related youtube channel you guys follow? doesnt matter if its commentary, a best of channel, or just uploading old fights

DaveyBoyEssex

>implying I'd ever watch someone for their "opinions"

sometimes I watch boxing HL channels like haNZAgod

is it generally agreed upon that Elie fuckface is the most annoying person in all of boxing, along with Dontae?

Yes.

I think Khan should try to get the Garcia rematch, (which I think he can win) and even if he loses he can cash out again with the Brook fight.

Thats what I would do if I was Khan's manager.

Kahn's Manager is also Danny Garcia's. Uncle Al Haymon

Hancho is my favourite HL channel.
Also esnews. Yes, Ellie is biased and annoying but the amount of interviews from trainers-boxers he has is worth it imo.

Khan looked good against Canelo (for the brief moment that he was still conscious) but I don't think he'd beat Garcia now.

Boxingscene forum and eastside boxing forum is a good way for foreigners to learn just how shitty American blacks are.

Should have one to the States earlier. All that hometown reffing really hurts his case even with good wins over Hopkins, Kessler, and Lacy. He's a great fighter but the bulk of his career has been fraudulent.

thecoli.com/forums/the-ring.41/

Hancho does good edits, most recently, that Canelo/Chavez promo was nice, especially with the DMX song

post GOAT highlighs

youtube.com/watch?v=5VLWBVpL23k

Even in the first fight with Garcia he looked like shit immediately once Garcia exposed him. People shit on Danny but he really is talented as hell once you get past the cherry picker label

Garcia simply doesn't do anything captivatingly enough to warrent exalting him like they do for Lomachenkos movement or Kovalevs punching-power, and therefore tend to underrate him

Hes a good counter puncher, but can easily get outboxed.

He's strong and can do everything else good, but not great.

That being said, I think he lost to herrera, and I think there is an argument that he lost the peterson fight as well.

I had no idea casuals actually consider eubank Jr an elite boxer. What kind of brain disease do you have to have to believe that?

youtube.com/watch?v=C-HsB9tcqMk

pmsl what is Nigel's and Chris' problem?

I tell /box/ he's not even a world level fighter but they just post pics of sr

There is no shame in ducking GGG.

>he cant beat any big fighter at 147 anymore

I think Khan legitimately backs himself to be able to beat Garcia at 147 in a rematch, which is why he wants the inter-rim fight to see if Garcia beats Thurman. If Thurman beats Garcia we'll probably get Brook Khan before the end of the year, if Garcia wins Khan will probably take Garcia first and then Brook afterwards.