What Are You Doing To Survive the Fall of Civilisation

I just tested making some hardtack biscuits, a food that can be stored for long periods of time.

So Sup Forums what have you done to help you survive the fall of western civilisation?

Pictures are appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

grandarmyofthefrontier.org/articles/hardtack.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm just going to hang myself

Have a gun collection and a good stash of food.
Going to be buying a piece of land early next year and putting in a bunker, cabin and a stone monument

have guns

also have meat dehydrators/jerky machines

I can fix my own clothes and shoes, bake bread, fix some kinds of machines. I like learning practical skills, it's fun to do.

That's pretty beta.

A plain 'ol food dehydrator will do jerky just fine as long as its temperature controllable

>and a stone monument

Why?

Why would you want to survive?

im trying to start a group of individuals who have the mind to leave for a place where society isnt

at best i can say its progressing very slowly

Something to outlast myself and western society as a whole.

what do you hope to accomplish by doing this?

survival? like the OP says

Cool idea, too bad shitskins will knock it down as soon as they find it

ah

I thought you were saying you want to form a group that wishes to leave society right now at this very moment

grow some vegetables, faggot

no no, i'm patient. that would be unrealistic. there is a general plan though

would you like to help?

Land I am looking at is very secluded and far from any populations of those

Have any of you guys joined your national home guard if you have one to try and hold back the tide of barbarism once the fall from grace begins.

>composite bow
>kukri knife
>stockpile canned food, rice & oats

Well best of luck

What kind of guns do you have?

I don't really have any experience with anything of the sort. Good luck though, user.

Practice my wanking mostly.

Why wait?

I just have a BOB. Anyone got some good ideas/sources for learning some practical skills?

Bonus points: if they're usable in everyday life.

AR15s
FAL
Galil
some other stuff

Fuck off Muhammed Al-Britbong.

Build a smoke house you lazy faggot.

neither do i

learning practical skills is the easy part, gathering like minds is fucking difficult

>I just tested making some hardtack
mine tasted really bad

Getting a group together to kill as many niggers as possible before we die. I have no plans to survive for very long, but suicide is for fags.

Is it super nutritious like lembas bread?

>the fall of western civilisation

You appear to be mistaken my, only your society is going to fall. Over here we're going to elect Trump and get our shit together.

Sorry about your country though. Real shame, you hate to see it happen.

It's human nature bro

Yea, so do mine but that is kind of the nature of the beast. On the positive side though if they are stored correctly they will last decades.

I have pondered adding vegetable bullion to give it some vitamins and flavour though. Won't do anything for how hard they are however.

If you eat nothing but these you will get scurvy pretty quite so make sure to get some vitamin c.

I have this

Trump has no chance due to demographics. We needed Trump 30 years ago. It's too late now man.

I didn't know you could have that in France

I hop trump goes well for you but otherwise It's just a matter of time.

As for us we are standing at the brink, another five years without major political reform and we will enter the breach of barbarism.

We'll see. I'm optimistic that he's already polling so well against Hillary and the debates haven't even started yet.

The demographics this year are going to swing wildly, just you watch. There's also millions of people who have never voted before that will make all the difference.

Hillary is an incredibly weak candidate, Trump has better chances than most people think. We'll fix America and then maybe come help out Europe maybe.

Yeah, you guys are on the edge of the cliff which is where the USA will be in about 25 years if we follow your lead.

Good luck, and invest in toilet paper.

Most of Europe isn't as restrictive on guns as you might think. It's more paperwork and costly so fewer people own guns but you can get quite a variety if you have the time and the will.

I have no plans on surviving. I plan on seeing Valhalla.

May your shield be stout and your sword arm strong brother.

bumb, lets make this a survival thread

When your Conutry falls, just order a Kebap...

Ohhhh... wait

So Mr. Leaf-on-flag would you care to share some of your survival wisdom with us ?

All this shit will be for nothing in case of a nuclear war.

why? what do i get out of it

1. I have a creek that runs through my land
2. wild turkey and deer pass through every morning like clock work
3. plenty of firewood to cook / heat with
4. have half a year supply of emergency food down in basement and try to keep canned goods / ramen stocked fully at all times

You have the right idea, a lot of burgers just think about guns and knives but its much more useful to be somewhere remote with food and water rather than being armed to the teeth.

your not supposed to eat them dry you soak them in broth till they are soft like crackers

If it were a long term situation:
5. Rain collecters need to be erected from trash cans / upside down jerry cans cut in half attached to tubes most likely
6. Plant crops. Would need a greenhouse of some kind for the winter. Can construct out of plastic sheets - perhaps trash bags or unused windows from cars or rooms that we have boarded up.

Id help user if your dead serious. Need an email?

Thanks for the info.

I'm a reservoir engineer and drill water wells as a side-trade.

Being remote and well-stocked means nothing when the hordes come into your lands looking for what they can steal. Lone preppers are all going to die. It takes an entire small city of like-minded individuals all working together pooling resources and guns to keep the zed away for even a single night.

You won't enjoy those hard tac dumps you'll take after eating them?

i've got a throwaway for this purpose already, drop me a line jewsdid1776 @ gmail.com

>I'm trying to start
How are you doing this?

your not supposed to eat them dry
your supposed to soak them in soup till they get soft they are add to a meal they are not the meal itself unless you just boil them in plain water

just throwing a bunch of individuals who want to /innawoods/ in a kik chat and hoping for something to catalyze. i'm open to possibilities but i dont think anything beats the premise i already have

Shitskin here, we will find your statue

>i'm open to possibilities in terms of plans

Sent. Throwaway is in the email name.

fpbp

Im gonna do a bunch of hard drugs and do my best to OD

Beta

Sweet alyssum are edible? I grow big batches of those in my garden bc they smell so good. Good info, thanks user

If I learned anything from DayZ, its that 99% if surviving the apocalypse is having mates. So I'll just kill myself.

community college

take welding classes, electrical classes, plumbing, etc

Or get a job as a construction helper and learn how to build shit and use tools.

Think about shit you would need to fix on your own, and other people would need fixed. Then you can barter your skills for food and supplies.

You should do this anyways, save yourself lots of money

heres some good info on hardtack
grandarmyofthefrontier.org/articles/hardtack.htm

Does anyone know of a decent survival guide that goes into most of the basics?

there are some other rules worth considering, for example you want to pick dandelion prior to blooming because then it wont taste like ass

you might want to learn from 'survival russia', he's a dane living in siberia and afaik i bet a lot of information translates well due to similar climate

Perhaps trying to learn some rudimentary blacksmithing skills would be valuable both for surviving as an individual as well as for trade if that is an option.

Family picked 30 pounds of strawberries from our farm, preserving them atm

Planted a ton of stuff a couple weeks ago.

Nothing, I'm not a chicken little retard, I'm in my 40's and have heard all about the impending doom all my life. Nothing is going to happen.

Although I do happen to be a farmer from a large family in a community where we already help each other out.

We were here before the combustion engine and electricity, we'd still here here without any of that stuff, we'd just have to work more for smaller harvests.

how big is your farm?

>construction
it's really incredible how much of a fetus some people are, i work construction and basic things like how to use a wrench, people who have never held one in their life are just so awkward for a good 6 months with tools

Food dehydrators can dehydrate everything from herbs+spices to soup and fruits+veggies while also being able to make jerky

Smoke houses just make jerky and smoke meats

Couple hundred acres, 2/3 wooded.

WHEN ARE YOU FAGGOTS GOING TO REALIZE THAT CIVILIZATION WILL NEVER COLLAPSE?

Sup Forums HAS BEEN PREDICTING THE END OF THE WORLD WITHIN DAYS FOR THREE YEARS STRAIGHT.

YOU'RE ALWAYS FUCKING WRONG.

YOU ARE STUPID CHILDREN WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES. THE WORLD ISN'T GOING TO END BECAUSE FAGS CAN GET MARRIED

Cool idea.

how is it organized? i doubt you have 80 some acres for just strawberries right?

Soylent senpai. Soylent

i bet some romans were saying that while the barbarians were at the gates, too

This

Fuck off with your retarded apocalypse fantasies faggots

Yes, it may never happen but for a little effort I'd like to have some preparedness in case it does.

As Baden Powell said be prepared.

I live on the water, my family owns a machine shop, and we've got a shitload of guns.

We can fish, hunt, and make what we don't have.

No, most of it is pasture and open ground. We have various paddocks for different things: Grains, Vegetables, Fruit Trees, etc.

Not too shabby but how long does it keep, is there a powdered form?

>believing there will never be any sort of global conflict that will create hardships for you and your family

Neato gang. Nice fantasy land you're living in. Now, it my not be the fall of civilization, but we all know what hyperbole is, right?

may*

Rome had already fallen when the barbarians sacked Rome. By what fucking measure is our society on the verge of collapse?

>So Sup Forums what have you done to help you survive the fall of western civilisation?
Shitpost on Sup Forums

What global conflict is going ot cause problems surviving day to day? None faggot, MAD is in place.

sounds comfy as fuck, pretty jelly

slow degeneration

Hardtack cooked in animal fat is delicious.

Bee husbandry
Honey has an indefinite shelf life, and honey crackers taste delicious.
Plus I live in a concrete house in the Alaskan wilderness and have an Arsenal of homemade weapons (for example, a flamethrower made from an oily rag, a super soaker, a can of gasoline, and a lighter) and a rifle, a pistol, and a lifetime supply of ammunition.
So I guess I'm fine.

Just an example but NASA predicts that there is a 12% chance that earth will be hit with a CME within the next 10 years. 12% is not insignificant, I'm surprised this issue has not received much attention.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection

>Rome had already fallen when the barbarians sacked Rome.

opinions~