Daily reminder that if you think hip hop isn't the lowest form of pop music you should leave this board

Daily reminder that if you think hip hop isn't the lowest form of pop music you should leave this board.

Hip-hop: No
2010s hip-hop: Definitely

this

Are you sure you don't mean Metal?

have you ever heard a country radio station? that shit is insufferable.

Hip hop will never be the worst in a world where bro-country, reggaeton, and pop punk exist.

>girls
>trucks
>my wife is a fat bitch
>the bible
>dirt roads
>"good ol' U S of A"
>cold beer
>go to church
>do what your momma tells you
>family values
>gays? not in my country, no siree
name ONE (1) more insufferable genre than modern fucking country.

Disco.

The only Hip hop I listen to is '2nd hand hip hop' in public places.
It's an ugly and awful genres for sure.

Smile, Morgan!

Kendrick makes worse music than miley cyrus and justin bieber?

>Kendrick ""makes""

you mean the guys who make the beats for hin to rap on?

lmao

How is that any different than many bands and artists? Do you think the vocalist of every band composes the music?

The only thing worse than country music is people who listen to country music.

>he only listened to radio brocountry and pop-country

It's far from high art, and that's precisely what makes it worth listening to as a genre of pop music. The genre's focus on the rhythmic/percussive along with near infinite possibilities sound wise thanks to sampling makes it the perfect compliment to listen to along side the most cerebrally intricate art music like Bach, Stravinsky, Stockhausen, Ligeti, etc.

People on Sup Forums think Grimes is the pinnacle of music because she's just as autistic as they are. I wouldn't expect anything more from these retards.

rap != hip hop

mumblerap is shit and its not hip hop

This is a key difference between rock and hip hop, though. Most of the big names in rock wrote and composed al their music and lyrics. Hip hop has little in the way of original material in that it's a genre literally based around sampling other people's work. Most hip hop songs have a huge list of writers and producers, most classic rock songs have one.

That doesn't necessarily detract from the music, though. It makes a song no better or worse because x amount of people worked on it, in my opinion at least. There is certainly an art to sampling too. Gin And Juice takes creativity to compose. But rock music inherently relies on creativity a great deal more.

So while I wouldn't say rock > hip hop necessarily, I would say that the greatest rock artists > the greatest hip hop artists. If that makes sense.

yes hip hop is completely transparent with sampling but all other music steals from artists before them, it's basically the same thing. What my problem with hip hop is, however, is the lack of energy. I love how energetic rock, punk, metal etc were because of electric guitars and drums that were played live. Hip hop can be loud too but it's not the same thing, it gets boring

muh genres

You have no clue how sampling works if you think this is true in any way at all. The way Beastie Boys and Public Enemy would do samples for examples is on the same level of complexity/intricacy as the kind of production work The Beatles or Radiohead had. fucking rockists.

t. A guitar, piano, and alto sax player who now works with DAWs mainly

Why are you doing this?