How do yanks defend this?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They gotta show something in between plays. Still more entertaining than soccer

half of my fellow burgers will say
>muh action packed 11 minutes
or
>y-yeah but it's better than watching 90 uninterrupted minutes of play because there's more scoring!! xDDD
but the truth is football is more of a social gathering here. It's like boxing was in the 20s-60s

Defend what? You foreign retards are the ones that are obsessed with it. Mind your own business.

>i-it's part of the sport

Players standing around is an sport

It gives people a reason to hang out. I don't even care about sports (only on here for the memes today) but I'll hang out with friends to drink some beer and catch up.

Looking at it like that is dumb as fuck tho. As with most sports, it is greater than the sum of its parts.

Compare it to dive grass, which I grew up having shoved in my face before I found football about 15 years ago. Sure they pass the ball around for 90 mins almost uninterrupted, but 90% of that is boring tikataka or shit tennis long ball. And all the diving. It is about the same. in the end. Only about 10% of the actual game is action.

Same way we defend Europe, cuck.

FAKE
N
E
W
S

Nobody ever seems to account for the time strategery is taking place.

Because it's incorrect that's not to say there aren't too many commercials. But there's we over an hour of game play.

>a fucking coin toss

I watch on NFL pass, cuts all the bullshit out, also college games on ESPN cuts all the shit out as well. Makes it pretty awesome desu.

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406

In Brit Football sure the ball is in play but nothing is happening for 79 of the 90 mins. Games can end 0-0 and you can win a champioship without actually playing a game. Are you just mad this years Super Bowl was a direct representation of the American Revolution?

Compared to Euro sports where the entirety of the game is an advertisement?

>touchdown
>don't actually have to touch the ball down

Im not a super hardcore fan, but the "standing around" is kinda part of the game. Seeing how the players line up. Guessing how the ball will be played etc.
All the commercial sucks though

>nothing is happening for 79 of the 90 mins

football is not only goals you chink, you need to get the ball, break defences, positional playing. If you think that's nothing you will enjoy american "sports"

>He's country isn't the best in the world at their national sport.

>ball

M8 no-one gives a fuck about aussie rules or sister fucking

Most of us don't
The commercials get in the way every fucking time
It gets bad during the basketball playoffs when there is a commercial every 5 minutes and in baseball it's justified because the 3-4 minutes in between they have to fill because otherwise it would be watching players stretch, hockey there are tv timeouts for few things mostly it's all play time and the time stops at timeouts for commercials to clear snow buildup or fix a net when it breaks