>He had just four targets
>In the Superb Owl
>FOUR TARGETS
>FOUR

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/y2hx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He had double coverage

And all of them were retardedly hard catches.

Crazy how good his hands are.

Belichick isn't going to let the opposing team's best player beat them. So Julio was double teamed practically every time.

he wasnt open, you fuckin retard

He only averaged 5 catches per game and 17 yards per catch. Dude had 1400 yards on 80 catches

I saw instances where he was triple covered at times.

The Falcons had a great gameplan up front...let the Pats waste their time covering Julio and complete it to others.

The part where the Failcons lived up to their name was with not running down the clock enough on their last drive (they kept snapping it with 10-15 second left on the play clock) and overall not running the ball enough.

No one is talking about Malcolm Butler tonight/today. I saw him once when he got beat by jones. The rest of the game? Not on camera. Because he was on top of everyone he was covering, they were never open.

Does anyone have the webm of that fucking unbelievable catch by one of the falcons players on the sideline (i forget who it was)?

Yeah this game was an honest case of the Falcon's beating themselves more than anything else. They completely fucked in regards to managing the clock and were to aggressive on offense because they were afraid of losing their lead.

I'm surprised they didn't give him any credit. He covered well.

It shocks me to this day that in the NFL you see instances of poor clock management every single week.

(I am particularly salty about this because in grad school I took a class called "Quantitative Methods" and there were references to football research, and it's fucking studied academically stuff like clock management and whether to go for it on 4th down, the coaches STILL fucking ignore it. Fucking macho sport.)

There was the time he fell over in embarrassing fashion and left his man as wide open as can be. But outside of that one play, he was indeed legit and not mentioned.

>Screens
>Quick hitches
>Slants

There were plenty of opportunities to get the ball in his hands that would've also prevented long drop backs for Ryan and sacks that cost them field position.

When the game started to tighten get the ball in your playmakers hands.

streamable.com/y2hx8

gabriel stepped on his foot. not a penalty as far as im aware but explains why he went flailing

>Memecolm Buttcheeks
>good

Pick uno

kek nice

Wow, I can't believe Bill Belicheck found a way to neutralize the opponent's top weapon, like he does IN EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER.

Yup. Time of possession tells you a lot.

>NE 40min 31sec
>ATL 23min 27sec

Atlanta defense was out of gas.

So? He was catching everything thrown his way regardless of being open. 3 of those 4 catches were season's top catches highlight reel material

holy fuck, i thought he just got shook

Looks to me like he was already beat before Gabriel tapped his toe. Maybe he wouldn't have fallen so dramatically, but he was out of the play either way.

Pats defence is elite. Atlanta only scored 21 on offence and 7 came from the Blount fumble

And a one pick 6.

Also, jones only got 4 targets because the falcons had the ball like 5 minutes in the second half. Shit was bananas.

Yeah ATL D was playing really well at first but they did run out of gas. They didn't change anything, were still rushing 4 most of the time, but in the 2nd half they just weren't getting to Brady.

This reminds me of a story I read about a high school coach that decided to run plays and make decisions based entirely on statistics and ended up being one of the top teams in the nation.

And where is he now?

His name is Bill Belichick

Why didn't Atlanta just run the ball and kick a field goal? Literally the last two owls the Pats won because the other team refuses to run the ball

This. The man is best receiver in the league. You gotta target that dude no matter who is on him, he's got size on every one of the patriots and will bring the ball in no matter if he's double covered or what, the dude was hungry you could tell

It was a dumb decision but Atlanta's offense had been coming through for them all year but not so much their defense, so you can kind of understand what Quinn was thinking

Pats changed up their blocking scheme too, to allow brady to step up and force the pressure around him

No.
It still doesn't make sense.
You are up by 8. Worse case scenario you lose what? 10 yards? is still below a 50 yard FG attempt. And you burn more clock.

They ran FOUR times in the second half. That shit is inexcusable. They had +100 rushing in less than 20 attempts.

Fuck Atlanta, they deserved to lose.

Tha patriots defense held Atlanta to 12 points less than their season average. That is being totally overlooked

>28 points scored
>33.8 pg points average on the season
uhh

>87 yards

Bill really did shut that guy down

>SHITLANTA

Your 28 is counting points scored by the defense

he let him make one of the clutchest catches in super bowl history. my jaw was at the center of the fucking earth. i can't wait to watch him next season.

7 came off a pick 6 and another 7 came off a turnover, extra possession.
So they held them to 21 nor actually but still that's 12 points below their average

You could say that Hightower won the two superbowls for them. The heroic tackle on Lynch two years ago and the sack fumble last night.

the Falcons ran the ball 5 times in the second half

Or you could pass it to your other capable receivers. That's why this offense was so dynamic. If they only ever relied on Julio they wouldn't be in the super bowl.

I actually thought julio played pretty well, falcons barely ran any plays and he was double covered the whole time.

dont know why people are blaming him

>Be professional football players paid millions to play a game
>Use the "ran out of gas" excuse when you get BTFO in the second half

no one is saying running out of gas makes losing look better, it's their fault for not having better conditioning, but it's the honest to god truth to what happened and you saw it as the game progressed.

Players get tired in a normal game. But this was freak game and the Atlanta defence was on the field for 40 minutes and 93 plays. Mo Farah would be getting tired after that

He was double and triple covered. It's well known that this is Belichick's go-to, if a team has a stud #1 he will shut him down first, and force the QB to go to his other receivers (who are usually 1 on 1). This is Bill's area of expertise and where he can scheme.

The Falcons were exposing it pretty hard, I'm not sure where they lost track of their game plan. The Patriots adapt like crazy.

Watch the clip again there's no contact. Gabriel's foot touches the ground shortly after that frame and there's no sign of his foot getting caught on Butler's.

I don't know why people would blame him either, it legit felt like every time the ball went his way he would catch it.

No one on earth could have defended that.

Right before that play I was just thinking how I haven't seen Butler all game so he must be shutting his guys down. Then he got put on skates