Why do kids nowadays like edgy and angsty rap so much?

why do kids nowadays like edgy and angsty rap so much?
xxxtentacion, death grips, $uicideboy$, twenty one pilots, danny brown, bones, lil peep, etc
this shit is embarrassing, feels like a reincarnation of metalcore and nu-metal

because teenagers are naturally angsty and hiphop is the defining sound of america at the moment
is this really hard to understand

>feels like a reincarnation of metalcore and nu-metal
bands for angsty teens have always existed..not a new thing
only the genre has shifted

Rolling Stones was the first band for angsty teens.

god I listened to them so many times
little me was full of shit

You're surprised kids like edgy and angsty stuff?

leave danny brown out of this

>why do kids nowadays like edgy and angsty rap so much?

X, $$ and Bones were never supposed to become as popular as they are now.. That's what's wrong.

Mainstream is always bad and that's where at least X is heading if not already being there..

lil peep is actually good faggot

no normies actually like death grips its too beyond them they just pretend and make jokes about it

I know plenty of fucking normies who like deathgrips, people I used to know in high school. I see fucking girls showing that they're listening to deathgrips on their snapchat stories. Fuck knows if they actually like death grips or they turned it off after taking that photo but it sickens me regardless.

Danny Brown and death grips actually have musical talent though
Is this bait?

>hiphop is the defining sound of america at the moment

That broke my fucking heart.

How did you not realize this before now

I had already realized this. It's just reading from it from another person hit me for some reason.

>implying hip-hop during your time isn't edgy and angsty
>FUCK DA POLICE
>gangbanging
>being a criminal is cool
>diz iz hood life
>on da streetz
>we iz telling how it iz

>we'll live to see things like xxxtentacion feat. oli sykes
im ready

Idk why did kids 20 years ago listen to edgy angsty punk?

Why did kids 50 years ago listen to edgy druggie rock?

XXX is hype
Death Grips is Edge
$uicideboy$ are hype and their samples are godlike.
Twenty one pilots Lel
Danny Brown: Great artist
Bones Tumblr
Lil peep Teenage girls on Xanny's fantasy

Just enjoy music m8.

X was always trash and bones got better as he got famous

kill blackie

most of the rolling stones shit isn't angsty though...they got that off of their image and drug reputation.

(you)

Remember back when Eminem was the original "edgy, angsty" rapper?

>I HATE BEING FAMOUS, THEY JUST WANT SLIM
>I'M GONNA MURDER MY WIFE
>I'M GONNA MURDER MY OTHER WIFE
>SOMEONE'S GONNA MURDER ME
>I LOVE MY DAUGHTER
>DUDE DRUGS
>DUDE FAGGOTS
>I'M KILLING MY WIFE AGAIN

Why include Twenty One Pilots on this? completely out of place

>danny brown
>death grips is bad hivemind

lmao

i like the direction it's heading. i just hope there will be less regurgitated bullshit about money, hoes, drugs and gang banging.

I love the direction it's headed too, I can't wait for more regurgitated bullshit about Xanax, muh depression, muh self-hate and domestic abuse, all with the same over-done, safe, samey beats. And hopefully they all keep innovating the game and never try changing their flow from the same triplet-based shit they've been doing.

>why are kids who are going through changes that make them angsty and confused like angry music

>danny brown
His music has a darker atmosphere to it but it's not at all melodramatic boo-hoo muh life sucks. I'd describe it more as a Joker-esque DAMAGED

another one of these threads hm, enlighten us with your godly music taste OP, we're dying to hear it

>XXXTENTACRUEL is this generation's Linkin Park equivalent
I don't know why but making this connection makes me feel like I understand things a little more. Maybe if we're lucky he'll kill himself in 20 years too

Link Wray would like to have a word with you

>nowadays
Everyone goes thru the edgy phase, as you say "kids like that. 10 years ago was MQR and Linkin Park.10 years before that was Nirvana and Limp Bizkit.
The circle goes again, what it change its the music(from rock/nu-metal to hip-hop)

>samey beats
it has always been this way in every generation of hip hop/rap.

>muh depression, muh self-hate and domestic abuse
this has been common subject matter in rock for a long time if i'm not mistaken. and it has been expected for there to be some sort of merger between rap and rock for a long time. i think it really has started to just come about now.

i think it has a lot to do with it been more acceptable for white kids to get into rap now than it ever has.

>never try changing their flow from the same triplet-based shit they've been doing.
i think more rappers will come out that are more lyrical and with more diverse flows. at least in the underground.

all of it seems to change every decade or so.

>DUDE FAGGOTS
okay, that got me

>angsty

Not an argument