/Grimes/

It's been a while since we had a proper /grimes/ thread.
It's about time we make a new one!
Discuss Sup Forums's only true Queen: Grimes aka Claire Boucher.
Don't forget to be nice to her.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=huPIHKA_t3M
www80.zippyshare.com/v/qvISPUoA/file.html
soundcloud.com/radiockut/grimes-live-on-ckut-march-15-2010
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74107144/#q74109429
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need some information on her harsh noise album

it is so tiresome

I'm in.

Reminder that she's working on some sweet music.
>it's annoying i know haha, but my albums take a long time to create because i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers. the majority of artists do, so they are able to release music faster. unfortunately it takes me longer because if there's a style i need to learn i just have to figure it out by trial and error, or if im stuck on a lyric or beat sometimes i have to start again. i think it leads to more original product though, and hopefully the fans are happier in the long run. that said, i am making a lot of music right now, but i also want to have more of a sonic theme to this album so i'm using less of the stuff i'm recording. in any case, ill try to be as swift as possible!"

nice. another masterpiece from her

I bet all my money it will not be AA part II. She will surprise her fans with something unexpected but amazing.

This beat is insanely good: youtube.com/watch?v=huPIHKA_t3M
Why didn't she release this piece?!

She so much as said it won't be anything like AA.

I think it will have some traces from AA. She will not get rid of anything like AA.

Her only good record was Art Angels, everything else is forgettable

That's ridiculous. It's funny how AA fans talk shit about her older stuff and fans of her older stuff talk shit about AA. They're all wrong. All her albums are great.

bjork

She had a whole drive go at one time and lost a ton of stuff, and if I vaguely recall said she wouldn't recreate it. Maybe that's just one of those tracks? Who knows? Artists do weird shit all the time, half of my family are artists and most of the time I have no clue what they're up to until I see a piece, sometimes the garbage pile in the corner of the studio is a gold mine. I pull shit out that bin all the time. They have a process that I'm not privy to and vice versa. You should see the looks they give me sometimes.

I like that she's trying to look like Marina here with the hair and fashion, because it makes it undeniable that she's way uglier than Marina.

grimes > bjork

Interesting. God knows how many great unreleased pieces she has.

Fuck off retard

>She had a whole drive go at one time and lost a ton of stuff
A laptop, actually, and it was due to a coffee accident. There's an obscure radio interview out there a she talks about it in detail.

Redpill me on Grimes. I've tried to get into her and my friends just play the pretty shitty pop songs from her. I wanna hear the more experimental side of her music, if there is any.

Fuck you for bumping this
Listen to Geidi Primes then Halfaxa, they're both way better than her other two albums

This this mixtape:

Experimental Mixtape (1 hour 13 min)
www80.zippyshare.com/v/qvISPUoA/file.html

01 Orphia
02 SCREAM
03 Dream Fortress
04 Venus in Fleurs
05 Omega
06 Caladan
07 Favriel
08 Beast Infection
09 Claire Boucher - Behavior
10 (Unknown Title) (Parc & Van Horne, Montreal 2010)
11 Colour of Moonlight (Antiochus)
12 Hallways
13 Grisgris
14 Intor / Flowers
15 Gambang
16 Sagrad пpeкpacный
17 Gloam
18 Rasik
19 Avi
20 Fifteen Minutes To
21 Urban Twilight
22 Improvisational Jam (CKUT.ca Radio 2010)

>pretty shitty pop songs
You just don't like pop music, bro. Don't talk shit about a whole genre of music. That's pathetic.

I was thinking about that as I was making this post. Accidentally supported the grimesfags. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a listen.

Nothing wrong with saying a genre is bad in my perspective if I think majority of the songs in the genre are bad.

You need to stop telling people that they don't like pop music when they say that they dislike some pop songs, it makes you come off as an elitist retard about fucking pop music.

If you're going to listen to his playlist, skip SCREAM, it's just an "industrial" hip-hop track that's experimental because of some screams that she does, probably not up your alley

Listen to this soundcloud.com/radiockut/grimes-live-on-ckut-march-15-2010
And then the rest of her discography in chronological order. It gets progressively less straightforwardly weird that way.

Took a listen to Scream and it's not that bad. Thought that guitar sample is horribly repetitive though.

Listen to her discography backwards so you get the impression that she's improving

That's actually genius.

>You need to stop telling people
You need to stop telling people to "stop telling people to...". Oh by the way, why did you insult me you pathetic piece of shit?

Stupid opinion. She improved her craft with each album, chronologically.

I'm not forcing you to do anything, but if you want to stop looking like an "elitist retard" then stop assuming things about people because they dislike some pop music but like other pop music.
>why did you insult me?
You had a condescending attitude and made stupid assumptions, I thought you deserved it and your post is only convincing me that more

What precisely is stupid about my opinion? Visions was alright but nowhere near as good as the first two and Art Angels was a snooze fest. Is it just me or are you beginning to seem like a retard who can't handle people disagreeing with him?

>Accidentally supported the grimesfags
You talk shit about her fans and do you expect help? Get the fuck out of here, arrogant nitwit.

Already got a lot of suggestions so that's not true. Thanks to those who gave good lists for me to listen to.

Where does he talk shit about her fans? I understand that you're probably too new to understand, but "grimesfag" means "fan of grimes". I suggest you lurk outside of this general

Thta's just your subjective opinion about the QUALITY of those albums. Objectively though: those albums have more complex production values, better singing and even better songwriting (the songs are better definied and more memorable). Don't confuse what you like with objective facts.

>Muh I only listen to rock xDDD

Better singing and better songwriting are not objective, you ape.

I deleted my post with the mixtape. I accidentally supported an undesirable person - you. If you insult her fanbase don't you dare to ask for help.

They are, you monkey. Do you even have ears?

Get fucked faggot
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74107144/#q74109429

Ok, then prove objectively that the singing or songwriting is better in her later albums. People are able to like singing or how songs are written less than you do, right?

Haha okay, I just wanted to know what albums of hers someone like me would like. I was giving an opportunity for you to influence me to like her but now I dislike grimefags even more. You're whiteknighting so hard. By the way I'm not

Get the fuck out of here. You're the actual elitist retard. Liking pop music is anything but elitist, you dip.

That doesn't mean that you can't be elitist about pop music, I have no problems with pop music, so assuming that I don't like it without evidence is stupid and elitist, since you're acting condescending

>he discovered the archive
Wow, you're so "clever", scumbag. Piss off.

>he discovered deleting posts to win some internet argument but forgot about the archive
stay mad while I enjoy the experimental playlist

Don't listen to her music you prick

I'm going to because I want to. I have a problem with you, not her music right now.

>implying a pleb like you could get into her music
I'm waiting to see you failing.

>implying pop music is inaccessible
>implying I don't already love Halfaxa and Visions and am listening to the tracks that aren't already on there

*Geidi Primes, not Visions

If you already know her albums why the fuck do you pretend you're this user
?
jfc

What about my posts imply that I'm that user? More than one person is able to see a playlist being posted in a thread mate

Jesus Christ give up man.

can we all agree she looks like a gremlin?

>haha
but for real, I'd rather have her work on it for some years instead of rushing it just because
not that she's not talented enough to do that or anything

Pain

she is so fucking hot, she is the hottest

bjork

If Grimes' new album is a return to her earlier albums, especially with elements of drone or noise, then I'm excited. If it's a continuation of AA and the Suicide Squad single, I will be sad.

You're very welcome.

You just happening to like Grimes/her music doesn't give you license to act like an asshole sperg ITTs.
B.E.H.A.V.E. Otherwise you are just another troll.

Agreed she is hot

Based grimesfriend

Nice shoes.

Oldfag

Too bad she fucking sucks at making interesting music.

Would you like if Grimey would release an IDM album?

Zzzzzzzzzz. Making interesting music is exactly her selling point.

>not being nice to Grimes

>Still 23 posters

jesus fucking christ. Stop samefagging this thread so hard.

Or you stop sperging

Which one of those 23 posters are you talking to?

>soundcloud.com/radiockut/grimes-live-on-ckut-march-15-2010
She said in that little interview that she played violin since she was 5.

Her fit at the Canadian award show was nice.

I saw her in 2015. Right after seeing her performance @ Coachella here on Sup Forums, was really unsure about going but the Coachella show (and weekend for the matter) was rittled with technical problems.

Great show, great energy, Hana is even more beautiful in person.

Also her fave song from Geidi Primes is Grisgris.

Reminder that grimes is slavic royalty descended from peter the great
we will not tolerate the mocking of our princess someone too pure for this world

Count me IN

Low post count=high discussion. This isn't pol or b where everyone says their piece and leaves.

What is your favorite Grimes track?

Kinda surprised to find out that she's almost 30. I guess the autism keeps keeps a youthful air about her.

I'm a pretty new fan with AA being the gateway album. But my favorite right now is probably the realiti demo. I'm making an effort to listen to hear earlier material really like the opening track of Visions.

Her early stuff is great too. You just need a bit of patience to get into it.

at least when shes not making garbage music she can reside on twitter where she shows how stupid she is

literally the only reason shes popular is because shes a woman. If it was a man making that crap it would be obscure shit on bandcamp.

literally proof that female privilege exists

You're dumb as shit

eat a dick nigger

Grimes is shit tho

Absolutely wrong. In fact because she's a female she's not taken seriously by sexist dipshits like you. If she would be a man she would get the respect she deserves because her music is genuinely great. However, you're just an envious pathetic NEET. You're mad because she's so much better than you.

the two on the left are not as good as the three on the right
and i hate mainstream pop

good, she shouldn't

if u mean genesis by "opening track" then you my niggah

Infinite Love Without Fulfillment. But I'm liking Genesis and Oblivion a lot too.

my cute princess

>listens to siousxie and the banshees once

I don't like grims

Check out this first chapter of my new novella :-)

>riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend
of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to
Howth Castle and Environs.
Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-
core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor
had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse
to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper
all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to
tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a
kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in
vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a
peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory
end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.
The fall (bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonner-
ronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-
nuk!) of a once wallstrait oldparr is retaled early in bed and later
on life down through all christian minstrelsy. The great fall of the
offwall entailed at such short notice the pftjschute of Finnegan,
erse solid man, that the humptyhillhead of humself prumptly sends
an unquiring one well to the west in quest of his tumptytumtoes:
and their upturnpikepointandplace is at the knock out in the park
where oranges have been laid to rust upon the green since dev-
linsfirst loved livvy.

What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishy-
gods! Brékkek Kékkek Kékkek Kékkek! Kóax Kóax Kóax! Ualu
Ualu Ualu! Quaouauh! Where the Baddelaries partisans are still
out to mathmaster Malachus Micgranes and the Verdons cata-
pelting the camibalistics out of the Whoyteboyce of Hoodie
Head. Assiegates and boomeringstroms. Sod's brood, be me fear!
Sanglorians, save! Arms apeal with larms, appalling. Killykill-
killy: a toll, a toll. What chance cuddleys, what cashels aired
and ventilated! What bidimetoloves sinduced by what tegotetab-
solvers! What true feeling for their's hayair with what strawng
voice of false jiccup! O here here how hoth sprowled met the
duskt the father of fornicationists but, (O my shining stars and
body!) how hath fanespanned most high heaven the skysign of
soft advertisement! But was iz? Iseut? Ere were sewers? The oaks
of ald now they lie in peat yet elms leap where askes lay. Phall if
you but will, rise you must: and none so soon either shall the
pharce for the nunce come to a setdown secular phoenish.
Bygmester Finnegan, of the Stuttering Hand, freemen's mau-
rer, lived in the broadest way immarginable in his rushlit toofar-
back for messuages before joshuan judges had given us numbers
or Helviticus committed deuteronomy (one yeastyday he sternely
struxk his tete in a tub for to watsch the future of his fates but ere
he swiftly stook it out again, by the might of moses, the very wat-
er was eviparated and all the guenneses had met their exodus so
that ought to show you what a pentschanjeuchy chap he was!)
and during mighty odd years this man of hod, cement and edi-
fices in Toper's Thorp piled buildung supra buildung pon the
banks for the livers by the Soangso. He addle liddle phifie Annie
ugged the little craythur. Wither hayre in honds tuck up your part
inher. Oftwhile balbulous,

the fuck

alright everyone

thoughts?