My son is currently 4...

My son is currently 4, i was thinking if i make him watch only Japanese shows and cartoons he can learn Japanese and hopefully make a living off that when he grows up right?

Do it

Tweak b8888.
>B-But user I'm srs

shit sounds ridiculous

You better let him watch only hentais and see waht happens when he is older!

kys

>tly 4, i was thinking if i make him watch only Japanese shows and cartoons he can learn Japanese and hopefully make a living off that when he grows up right?
>>>
> Anonymous 08/04/17(Fri)21:32:28 No.741074338 ▶
>Do it
>>>
> Anonymous 08/04/17(Fri)21:33:00 No.741074379 ▶
> (OP)
>Tweak b8888.
>>B-But user I'm srs
Why wouldn't i be serious not a lot of people can speak the language and at this age their brain is like a sponge, it's how i learned English

That's how I learned English and Russian at the same time

Good idea/10 would definitely try

this is pretty new

Watching Russian cartoons ?

Give him up for adoption

Your new is showing

Just because you a 33 year old man watching Japanese cartoons and can't make a living doesn't mean others have to suffer your faith

Hmmm, very smart idea, but I'm not sure Japanese is your best option. Otherwise, It's a great idea

Studies in bi lingual homes show that during the very early years the two language are roughly equal but once the kid enters school English (these are studies in America) quickly becomes the dominant language with the second language undergoing atrophy. The more complex and peer reinforced use of a language in an educational setting means that a kid growing up in a Spanish speaking household will have good English skills and marginal very unsophisticated Spanish skills.

I knew a guy in college from China. He basically did what you propose, he learned English from consuming almost exclusively English media. Yes, he could speak english, but it was very informal and very curse word laden. He sounded like an uncultured and idiotic person, but apparently his Mandarin was very sophisticated and showed that he came from a wealthy family.

So your son MIGHT pick up a very informal and not very good grasp on Japanese, but probably not enough to get any sort of interpreter job. But what do I know, worst case scenario he just speaks shitty Japanese, his English should still develop normally.

Well you see i live in Eastern European shit hole, damn nearly impossible to come by somebody who can speak it, so as long as he can carry a conversation in Japanese that would put him ahead of others

Pyccкий и Aнглийcкий? Oткyдa вы?

Lel, woops wrong user

Do it and have him listen to advanced classical music daily so he acquires perfect pitch.

Sure they take in the language partially like that.
But with English it's reiterated by the people around you.
Imagine your son watching animu and not knowing a thing they're saying.
Are you gonna explain to him everything?
Also, anime subs are always off.
They leave off the little details and nuances that make the language unique.

as i stated, my parents can't speak a word of English, and i didn't pick it up in school either, no, i did it watching old hanna barbera cartoons, since English is not our fist langue i figured Japanese for him would be what English is for me

Unless there's a job that hires weebs, I suggest you not turn your son into a faggot

Watching English cartoons in Russia, idiot.

I know Germans are into dubing, i know nothing of Russia or their movies

Well, if you do that you doom him to follow in your weaboo footsteps. Also considering most anime is fucked up and has lesbians, and weird shit.

One thing is being a weeb another thing is speaking the language fucktard

Why would knowing Japanese help anything you fucking weeb?

Only Anime i watch i Dragon ball, and i learned a lot from it, working out and helping people,

Look i know Danish, and i work as a translator, i figured he might get paid more since i know nobody who can speak Japanese

>their brain is like a sponge
stop

they only learn what they need to get by. if he is watching a girl get raped by a tentacruel and she's yelling stop, but he never hears that again, he's going to associate that word with rape

kids associate "mommy" with their mother because it's reinforced, watching shitty cartoons isn't going to reinforce any language. so unless you can also speak japanese, you're dumb and gay

Why?

Let him play video games. He'll be smarter and more normal in the end.

>Japanese help anything you fucking weeb?
Money you dumb ass, it's the paper your parents earn to keep you supplied with mountain dew Cheetos and wow subscription

By the time he's grown up, translations will be done far more efficiently and precisely by neural network AI trained on massive amounts of data

Only logical answer so far, but it's not 100% guaranteed