Great "sport"

damn I'm hungry think ima get IHop

Cora for me

Better than luckkicks aka penalties

>25 unanswered points going into OT
>Falcons offense unable to put a drive together since the 3rd quarter
>tom Brady and bill in complete rape mode

B...bu...but muh coin toss

Yea the OT rules are retarded and should be changed but if you think the Falcons were gonna put that one together you're even more retarded.

>28-3

What's so bad about it? Why didn't the Atlanta defense stop Tom Brady?

It's dumb that they didn't get a chance in the overtime period, but they had so many opportunities to seal that game that I don't feel bad for them at all.

All they had to do was not go backward, and kick a damn field goal.

What's more fair than that?

Someone has to get the first possession

This

>using a mini game to decide a championship

two balls, fastest touchdown wins.

>calling it luckkick and claiming that a literal coin toss is somehow less luck-reliant
I'm not a huge fan of penalty shoot-outs but you'd have to be a retard to think a coin toss is better.

it wasn't funny the first thread it's still not funny now.

falcons lost because they played like absolute garbage the second half. not a coin toss.

Sudden death, each team gets a chance to attack and the first to succeed when the other one fails wins. Just like every other sport on this planet.

The team that wins the coin toss still has to drive 75 yards and score a TD, it's not a given like pks. If the other teams defense let's the game go into it, and then gives up a 75 yard drive sorry but you shouldn't have let it go it or you should have stopped them.

>can't get a stop to save their lives
>go 0-19 in the 4th
>blame the coin toss

lmao

The NFL refuses to use college rules because that would be admitting college is a better game.

ok, explain this to me. what was the coin toss about?

because right now i'm seeing that patriots won because of a literal coin toss, and some are saying it's better then pk shootout?

Either do college rules, except starting from your own 20, or just do a whole extra period
The ot rules are a disgrace

Coin toss decides who gets the ball first in OT.

Getting the ball first in OT is a clear advantage.

Stay mad fa(L)cuck

Imagine if pk's were decided by who made the first one instead of who has made more after 5+ shots where both teams always have the same number of chances
Now imagine you toss a coin to decide who shoots first

It's not 100% guaranteed that you score a penalty, especially in a shoot-out where the pressure to score it is multiplied by 100. Also a different player has to take the penalty each time, so eventually the players who don't usually take penalties will have to take one (so they're more likely to miss).

Also you seem to imply that every tie will be a result of one team choking a large lead so they deserve to lose. If two teams are evenly matched and the result is tied after regular time, then the team that wins the coin toss gets a huge advantage over the other. There is no reason why standard sudden death can't be applied to handegg. Each team should get a chance to attack, if one succeeds while the other fails then they win.

>what are defenses
you can stop teams who win the coin toss in OT, the Falcons just have a shit defense

so if they score on that ball, is the game over? or does the other team then get the opportunity to score like regular period? also if it's on time like regular periods then i would say the coin toss is WAY less fair than penalty kick shootout.

So why didn't the pats have to stop the falcons in ot to win?

For all we know, the Patriots could have had a worse defence. We can't say for sure because the Falcons never got a chance to test them in OT.

Holy shit, how can NFL officials even accept this?

That is just incredibly dumb and unfair.

The game is over if they score a touchdown. The other team doesn't get to respond.

How is this not worse than povertyball championship being decided with penalty kicks?
'Merica, explain yourself.

i prefer the college system

This to bee honest famalams

The team that trains penalties almost always wins them.

cause the Falcons can still score on defense and if they did the game would be over
sure a pick 6 is rare but it would end it and the Pats wouldn't have had to roll out their defense

PKs are more like 2pt conversions

it used to be far worse, it used to be that you only needed a FG to win, which is much easier than a TD

seems very unfair to me 2bh.

PKs are basically a joke

its hard to score a TD

but i agree the system is not great

>Defense isn't just as important as offense
Falcons had a plenty of other times to try and stop them, but they didn't. During OT they had one last chance to stop them, and the pats HAD to get a TD or the falcons would have had their chance.
But no.

but if the falcons stopped them, they would only need a FG to win

college has a better system imo

It's not fair and people complain about it every year but the NFL is an arrogant league that refuses to make meaningful changes to the game.

But at least with PKs there is no unfair advantage. No matter how difficult or easy it is to get a touchdown, it doesn't change the fact that the other team "just" has to get a touchdown and the other team has to gain possession + touchdown.

What happened in regular time is irrelevant when it comes to tie-breakers. The game could have been an even match with both teams scoring alternately. The fact is that the Falcons had to accomplish more in OT because they lost a coin toss.

>refuse to make meaningful changes
>extra point kick change causing a lot of misses

There's not that much of an advantage, just the falcons have shitty defense. If you can make a stop or get an interception you can win the game with a field goal. Falcons defense was just ridiculously tired because of the awful their time management, so they lost the game. If they didn't want sudden death, they shouldn't have let the pats take it into overtime

It's almost like half the game is offense and half is defense. Giving both teams a """""""fair""""""" shot is basically saying defense doesn't count

A Missed penalty is a poorly shoot penalty. There is no luck involved there.

>The fact is that the Falcons had to accomplish more in OT
explain

get goodell on the phone

No, they didn't.
The falcons needed to stop the offense. This is the same as the pats needing to score a TD, in fact the favor was with the falcons because the pats couldn't just kick a goal in and call it good.
They HAD to get a TD. The falcons HAD to stop them.

no, it's not fair because the Pats won.

In all seriousness, though, do you notice how it's mostly foreigners making these threads. Stop replying to worthless posts

Imagine the Patriots tears if the Falcons won the coin toss and scored?

>NFL won't copy how college ball does their OT

fucking why

Falcons had to defend, then get a TD. Patriots just needed to get a TD.

Correct, half the game is offense and half the game is defense, so you need to give both teams the opportunity to play both sides of the ball at least once.

still mad about the Copa final I see

You fucking moron, how can you not understand how unfair it is?
You're implying that if the falcons stopped the attack, they would have won the game.

If they stopped the attack or got an interception/fumble they most likely would have won.
The pats were on a roll though, they had the momentum and the Falcons couldn't stop it.

>If two teams are evenly matched and the result is tied after regular time, then the team that wins the coin toss gets a huge advantage over the other.
Except it isn't at all because it's hard as fuck to drive an offense down the field and score a TD after regular time. If anything the defense has it much easier.
Brady just had ice in his veins and made it look like a 7-on-7 scrimmage.

The Pats were on a roll, and they probably would have won the game anyway
But how do you know that their defence wouldnt have choked?
Plus, its easier for an offence to get a TD then an interception/fumble. A defence should focus on stopping the attack, not scoring

Regardless of who won the coin toss or how good they are, the first team "only" needs to score a touchdown. The second team needs to first defend, then score a touchdown themselves. At least at the very start of OT, the first team has one job while the second team has two.

There's a reason why pretty much every other sport uses sudden-death where each participant gets the same number of chances to do the same thing.

What are the college OT rules?

And I'm saying that even if it were like sudden death, it's not easy to drive down the field, at all. There are no advantages when going on offense first, so in no way shape or form is the game decided by the coin toss.

>The second team needs to first defend, then score a touchdown themselves. At least at the very start of OT, the first team has one job while the second team has two.
Why does that matter? If a team chokes on offense, their defense has to come out a stop an offense with momentum on their side.

You weren't around in the old overtime rules, where a field goal in OT wins the game. At least this time you have to drive 75-80 yards and get a TD. It was much, much worse before.

>There are no advantages when going on offense first

It's time to stop posting.

There really isn't though. Memeing isn't gonna make my point less valid.

Team with the least amount of privilege goes first. All white players have to play with one hand tied behind their backs to address systemic and historic racism.

The team that attacks first get can fuck up but still have a chance to defend. The other team can't fuck up once. How is this fair?

This. I hate the Patriots but after seeing the Falcons choke so bad I was glad the Patriots won just to prove a point.

You don't watch football, obviously. The team in possession of the ball always has the advantage. The possibility for a defense to score vs an offense is minuscule. Why do you think time of possession is something ever mentioned in football? Because having the ball is a good thing and not having the ball is a bad thing. Period.

Because if the offense fucks up and/or the defense gets a great stop, the other team would have serious momentum with a chance for great field position to ice the game with only an FG. Pretty fair if you ask me.
What's not fair is facing Tom Brady in OT of the biggest game of the year. He's not losing, there's nothing you can do about it.

Now you think about it this way, mr beefeater

The team that

>kickoff
>commercial
>injury
>commercial
>one play
>PI call
>another play
>review the spot
>commercial
>welcome back, go to this website to buy the same jersey you already own only now there's some pink on it
>don't worry all proceeds go to a fraudulent charity that does nothing for cancer patients
>commercial
>one play
>injury
>pepsi half caff low sugar halftime show featuring music you hate brought to you by starbucks on the toyota tundra stage here at _____ Bank Stadium

WHY DO I WATCH WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK

Just have both teams start at the same yard line.

Like college? Nah. Special teams should be able to influence the game as well.

>Game decided by an unpredicted 25+ point comeback

I agree with the BritBro

NCAA over time rules should be adopted by the NFL

Then the second team has a major advantage.

Whoever has the most points at the end of overtime wins, not whoever scores first. If, after two over times, the score is still tie they go to field goal kicks out of 5.

They had to defend then get a fg

They only need a field goal after defending

The New England defense didn't let Atlanta score even once since the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Why do you think they would score a touchdown in overtime?

NE had all the momentum, and they were the only team that was effective on both sides of the ball.

>Plus, its easier for an offence to get a TD then an interception/fumble
lol no.

An interception or fumble relies on ONE PLAY going your team's way.

To score a touchdown, the offense literally has to drive right down the entire length of the field and get the ball into the endzone while the defense tries desperately to stop them. It's not even close.

>muh artificial parity
Which team gets possession first and random chance of the coin flip are inherent to the game. For fuck's sake, soon the Super Bowl will be a best-of-seven series.

underrated post

Why are there more TD's than interceptions then?

thanks man

Because there's different kinds of TDs retard.

If you think that Atlanta was going to win that game after that comeback, you're literally fucking retarded.

>there's
>there is
>should be there are
Get some education ameritard

I had a feeling it looked wrong when I posted it.
But you're still an idiot for asking an idiotic question.

>both teams get a possession of the ball
whats really the point of it if both teams just kick both fields goalds or score both touchdowns that it goes into sudden death mode? what's the point of the first series if it's gonna go to sudden death anyway?

kek
Funny story, the penalties were literally invinted because before that it was decided by coinflip
Retard

Could you stop commenting on rules you literally don't understand?

both get 7 (ar any other set) minutes and whoever scored more in the time wins

>thinking it's easy to score a touchdown or field goal within 7 minutes
go watch more 0-0 games hans

Shut the fuck up dumb cunt, seriously you're embarassing yourself

game was scoreless in the first quarter and the falcons got the ball
it isnt just the coin
it's what you learn about the other team in the 60 minuets prior. the pats d could have stopped the falcons again