/vhg/

Van Helsing general

Is there a more fun movie?
I don't think so

I have no idea why this didn't take off. It was like a way better Marvel movie before those were a thing.

Great movie and Kate is hot as fuck there.

Wonder if we ever will get a reboot.

I was discussing movies with my parents and talking about that new trailer for the new Underworld and my mom brought up that she really liked Van Helsing which my dad laughed cuz it didn't do too well and it was bashed everywhere.

/blog

double

I loved this when it came out and it's still got some nice stuff but The Mummy is not only more entertaining but also a genuinely good movie with cool characters and great writing. Van Helsing doesn't explore its ideas enough and the story isn't that good. I still think it's an alright movie, but it has lots of flaws

This movies logic would require the characters to invent a weather machine that moves the earth away from the storm

Van Helsing!.... YOU MURDERER!!!

This movie is the best, I watched it an obscene amount of times back in the day

Same. My siblings and I watched this and League of Extraordinary Gentleman over and over again.

She's hot as fuck in everything m8

I for one am happy that she keeps taking roles that put her in skintight clothes

for all intensive porpoises it was a entertainng movie

>League of Extraordinary Gentleman

Oh shit nigga. Dat Nautlius.

>see this movie as a kid
>love it
>(convince my parents to) buy the video game
>oh sweet lord this is fucking great
>buy the anime sequel
>meh it's okay
>buy "Young Van Helsing" because I don't know who Van Helsing is otherwise and think it's related to the movie
>it's absolute shit

Not actually anime. Same director as Rugrats and Aeon Flux.

>Van Helsing is on netflix

Well I'll see you fucks later.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman is pretty good

Shame it made Connery give up on acting.

What was the deal? I thought he was reasonable in it.

>so is LoEG
Double feature son

The filming experience was awful, apparently. I don't know if that was true across the board, or if he was just getting too old for it all, but he hated it.

>I am happy she keeps taking roles

She isn't TAKING roles that's all she has. She left her husband for her director that does Underworld, her exhusband made it big and forgot her sorry ass, she leaves her director since he isn't giving her roles fast enough, and now this is her LAST Underworld movie...wonder why lol?

I gotta watch The Mummy again. Comfy/10

What the fuck my brothers and I watched Van Helsing and this movie a ton too, what are the odds? I still remember practically every line from this movie

"Automatic rifles? who in God's name uses automatic rifles?"

So did the American and the Vampire fuck?

Why is he sniping with an elephant shotgun?

Because he's god damn Allan Quartermaine

Even when I was a teenager I got more out of Van helsing than the X-men films, had a soft spot for the mummy and Gentlemen, first underworld too, have never went back to watch them though out of fearing of running the nostalgia, kind of the type of films you had to see at the right time in your life, I imagine they haven't dated well at all .

>Nemos first mate is Ishmael

This always triggered my autism. How did he join Nemo after the events of Moby Dick?

I watched this a lot when it first was out on DVD and caught it again on HBO recently.

I unironically thought it was pretty decent. They honestly did a pretty impressive job smashing all that lore together into a relatively cohesive, semi-believable story. I liked how they portrayed all of the monsters.

Especially the brides, hnnng.

wonder who will pay Van Helsing in that monsters universe thing

I fucking love this movie. I feel though they shot themselves in the foot if they ever wanted to make a sequel, since they put all their eggs in one basket regarding universal horror
-3 werewolves
-Dracula and his Vampirellas
-Frankenstein and Igor
-Fucking Mr Hyde
Who else is left from the original pantheon? Phantom of the Opera and Invisible man?

Those werewolves though were gorgeous. Probably my favorite design, especially rocker Van Helsing werewolf

Invisible Man and the Mummy stand out to me.

Could move onto Grimm Brothers lore like God of War is going from Greek to Norse.

why couldn't he?

Leaving behind the fact that Ishmael would be close to 80 I want to know how a whaler became Nemo's most trusted mate.

good stories

>yfw Moby Dick was the Nautilus