Is the only reason this guy is famous is because he's black? Or is he actually good?

Is the only reason this guy is famous is because he's black? Or is he actually good?

Dancing negro who had a good year. Was a massive hype job and should just head to /wwe/

Every now and then a super nigra will be promoted by the (((media))) as the best thing since sliced bread, then a skinny fat white guy will btfo and everyone forgets about the nigra

First openly gay black qb

he was absolutely unreal in his mvp year

He had some solid seasons and has charisma, so endorsement deals followed, and thus mainstream attention. This last season was crap though, so now he just looks like a doofus with an awful hat collection.

>See Michael Vick and Colin Kaepernick

This. Also due to his recent string of concussions, he's pretty much scared to run. This shows and other teams don't have to load the box. His tricks have been figured out.

Both I spose.

Negroid meme QBs have a shirt shelf life, (((they))) have to milk them for all they're worth.

He WAS good. One trick pony and once everyone looked at how he played it was over. He's also almost as much of a cunt as Kapernick.

I don't usually see many Panthers related games or news conferences, so I'm a bit mystified when I hear he's a cunt. Anything in particular that does it I should look for?

As a diehard Panthers fan, not really. He's a mediocre pocket passer (at best) who is only dangerous because of his size, strength and speed as a runner. Or, was.

He's losing his speed, and isn't punishing or escaping defenders like he used to. I knew his longevity was in question and we're seeing him deteriorate before our very eyes. He's had people in his ear for years telling him he needs to stop running and with the big hits he's taken over the past year he's started taking that to heart.

But by taking away his running game he loses the very thing that made him a threat. Without that, he's a below average passer who will never be able to win a Super Bowl. Now, I truly, truly hope he proves me wrong because I WANT to believe he can, but realistically? Outlook not so good.

He was a decent passer and a very good runner, meaning defences found him hard to play against. He lost his running ability due to his concussions etc and now teams just have to deal with his bang average passing

He's famous because he's a quarter back in the NFL

Any chance he had to be more than a meme was destroyed the second he decided not to dive on that one fumble.

He's honestly not, people just look at the way he dresses and the fact that he's black and just make assumptions. He does a lot for the community and is a pretty cool guy. You can say he whined about the hits he took and maybe it wasn't his place to do so but it was the truth whether people want to admit it or not. Another thing I think bothers people is his utter inability to talk to the press. Any time he tries to speak in a professional manner he completely botches it and you can see him struggling not to revert to Ebonics, but that's the case with about 80-85% of black guys in the NFL. Not to say anything bad about that, it's the way he was raised and changing everything about the way you speak isn't easy to do.

He's actually good. Probably will go down as the best black qb in history. Definitely the best scrambling qb in history.
His offensive line is horrid and that's why he didn't do so good this year.
Give him the Cowboys oline and he will be unstoppable.

Fraudulent meme QB that statpadded against a garbage schedule and got exposed

Right, and if he pulled an Andrew Luck or Andy Dalton on that dive everyone would tell him that the stat QB shouldn't dive for a ball he had no chance of getting or something along those lines.

he's above average at best for team that is shit

Above Average

Probably most athletic but below average passer in a pass heavy league, overall pretty gud

>best black qb
>Isn't Russell Wilson
>doesn't have a ring
>best scrambler
>Isn't mike vick

He's swaggy and charismatic so the media was just waiting for the right opportunity to gush over him. His rookie season was great for a rookie, but until 2015 he never really progressed and was starting to be a minor disappointment. Then boom, 2015 he has a great year, and people overreacted and called him the best in the league because that's what they wanted to do for a long time. Now he's pretty much back to where he usually is.

tldr: he's pretty good but not great, bottom half of top 10 QB probably. Will never reach the heights of ability or fame that he had last year.

Every QB is a product of their OL to a degree. Brady looked pretty bad against that same Broncos defense.

Panthers fan. I don't consider him a top 5 QB in the NFL. But the way MVP awards are decided he was a no brainer in 2015. Shame that Broncos were such a bad matchup.

he was amazing last season but he's regressed due to the gravitational pull of his mediocrity

He got shook up week 1 vs Broncos man, it was brutal

That's an apologist take. People dislike him because he's cocky as hell when they're winning while simultaneously being a sore loser. Remember when he made a first down and threw the ball at a defender's head? Then that defender concussed him trying to run into the endzone.

He's still a top 12 qb. Gonna have a big bounce back season

classic case of a guy who's used to running circles around everybody for his whole career, and never learns how to lose properly or learn from it

He was very good, elite last year. Whether he is still remains to be seen.

Yes, but he's past his prime and may not have any really good years left with the amount of abuse he takes. It's still fun watching him throw dragons though.

he's good, tall, and a fucking tank; who happens to be black.

> those shoes

ok, but Mike Vick was much more talented then Cam Newton.

He's a bad passer but an average QB overall thanks to his unique running ability.

Never really impressed me outside of that MVP season

Then Cam Newton what?

Dont leave me in suspense motherfucker.

>Newton
>Kaepernick
>Prescott

Zero bowl wins but somehow considered great because they had good years

To pontificate for your edification, I did indeed commit a grammatical error. Michael Vick did indeed possess a far greater athletic talent than Cam Newton.

TLDR: Ur a faget

He must browse /fa/

>have identical stats to kaepernick at the time of kaepernicks benching
>win mvp
meme to the max

>had no chance of getting
He was literally 100% guaranteed to retain that ball if he made a move on it. Only people who could have mishandled it are cornerbacks, since their hands are literal bricks

Yep. You've got him pegged. He's an incredibly good guy...and seems to do the best he can to not revert back to College Park ebonics.

But, also...
This is the right take, as well. Super cocky and he's earned the right to be so, to an extent. Fuck him, though.

I think he'll be the best black QB to ever play the position when he's done. No big deal.

Mmmm...no. I think they're an 8-8 football team, even with a healthy Luuuuuuuke.

The media was calling him "the first black QB to reach the Super Bowl".

I get the meme that Wilson "!isn't black" but motherfucking Doug Williams was the real deal.

Guess you gotta act like a ghetto stereotype to please the SJW faggots and the media that panders to them.

Let's go see how /fa/ feels about his outfit

doug williams was shit, he had a great super bowl but that doesnt mean his career was good.

Mcnabb was the best black qb to reach the owl

Cam is good.

This year he took loads of illegal hits and had no calls.

Meanwhile Brady gets sneezed at and gets calls left and right 90% of the time.

I don't know but this year was particularly awful for refs.

he'd probably get more calls in his favor if he wasn't such an insufferable cunt.

id say the lack of personal fouls against him is balanced by the lack of taunting calls he should be getting

To be fair, half of Cam's problem is that he has huge receivers who play small.

Kelvin Benjamin could be Julio-tier if he wanted to be, but when he gets put in a tough spot it's almost like he goes "Nah, I ain't laying my neck out for this". It's like he's afraid of getting hit.

And the end result is that Newton either has to go to Funchess (The same receiver but with less potential), Olsen, or Ted Ginn who's a "Chuck it up to him and pray to God he actually catches it" receiver

As of now, sure. Plus, your millennial ass doesn't even remember Doug Williams.

He got hit all night and there were no roughing the passer calls. Just shut the fuck up

One game you dumb faggot

Meanwhile go look at every single game Cam played this season.