What are your thoughts on this?

what are your thoughts on this?

>I could actually afford to live in Manhattan!

Wait till you see the room sizes.

>tenderloin is 1000$ less than everywhere around it

>paying thousands of dollars to live on top of each other like rats

Dolby Labs just bought a building there, I heard stories about employees finding human shit in the parking lot.

That should be expected there. Filth crawling and shitting all over each other while nodding off on lord knows what opiates non-stop.

This is why I live in Brooklyn.

I guess it was cheap, though.

why this board though

We're kinda hipper than most of the general purpose boards.

>we
Who are you

>Live in Hell's Kitchen
>Rent much cheaper than Inwood and East Harlem's listed price
Feels good man.

Whereabouts. Are way out east? Most places I looked at were about as expensive as where I'm living in Manhattan. MUCH more expensive than most places in the US in any case.

is that yearly

You get to live in one of the greatest cities in the world

I could totally afford to live in 145th street. Is it a crime ridden shithole?

>mfw my grandparents own a penthouse two story apt near christopher street

Place is a co-op too, shouldn't it sell for at least 10m?

Astoria nigga. Literally minutes from Midtown by subway and the rent is astronomically more manageable. Plus, dank ass greek food and it's relatively quiet at night.

>hell's kitchen is always depicted as this crime-filled shithole
>rent is twice the price of my 1 bedroom + den apartment

>people willingly live in giant cities

>no guns
>no nature
>no space
>final destination

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

>girl I'm crushing on just moved back to bed-stuy
if only this was an anime and I could follow her

True, it's not actually much cheaper, but you get a bit more space for the money. Like a 1-bedroom instead of a studio, maybe.

weekly

Hell's Kitchen, here. It is one of the safest places in NYC. It's mostly gays and old people. I routinely wander around at 4 am and have never felt remotely unsafe.

Did Daredevil just make it look like a shithole because of its name?

>people willingly live in rural areas

>no cultural institutions
>have to drive to get to literally anything
>guns

It works both ways. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Cities aren't for everyone, and that's cool. But there are legitimate reasons to want to live in cities, just as you have reasons for not wanting to. It's entirely a matter of personal preference and what you value in life.

Hell's Kitchen is one of the more desirable neighborhoods in Manhattan. It used to be a colossal shithole, but that was a long time ago. Like, back when Irishmen were thought of the way hispanics are thought of now. It's been gentrified to hell and back since even before the rest of the city.

Hell's Kitchen hasn't been a shithole for decades. Now it's all really good restaurants and bars, and luxury condos. The worst thing about it is the proximity to Times Square, which is a godforsaken tourist trap.

Most of Manhattan was a shithole until the late 70s when they decided to turn it into a city-themed amusement park

Sort of. They base they're overall aesthetic off the Frank Miller books from the 80s, and ack then all of New York was pretty dangerous. The show also makes it seem way bigger than it actually is. Like, no one here would tell you they're from Hell's Kitchen unless you were talking about real estate. You'd really just say "I live in Midtown", or the theatre district.

I hate and love NYC. Used to live in Brooklyn, but moved to suburban Virginia in the mid 00's. Sometimes I yearn for the city, but then I remember all the shittiness. I really love Virginia though it's fantastic.

Visit it in the winters every other year or so. Cities in winter are the greatest feeling.

If I made $150k+ a year I would consider moving back.

This is true. I was actually in Times Square twice last week for work, and I realized that I had been to Times Square more times in that week than I had in the three years I've been living in the neighborhood. I'm a five minute walk from there.

>muh guns

i thought this was a strawman, but people actually decide to live somewhere based on the gun laws. oh my kek.

Where was that picture taken? That's an amazingly comfy view you've got there, senpai.

There's literally no reason for anybody who actually lives in New York to be in Times Square, unless you have to go there for work or something. It's literally just for tourists.

It's not mine, it's someone from le reddits.

Chicago, Roosevelt University.

Guns are fucking awesome. Shooting is one of the only activities besides sex that stimulates all five senses at once. Beyond the aesthetic value, owning a gun means you can hunt for food and be self-reliant for protection. You're a cuck.

eh, it's not too far fetched. I daydream about where I would live based on how heavily the spped limits are enforced and how curvy the roads are.

yeah like i mean omg like what kind of friggin dumbass would want to be able to DEFEND THEMSELVES?? #lol #epiclol

>people willingly live in rural areas

>no fun
>no anything
>no one to fuck but your sister
>final destination

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Awfully touchy, hope you aren't so jumpy around your shootbangs, tough guy.

Chicago is a fucking beautiful city.

Yeah, that's exactly why astoria has turned to shite. All it is now is yuppies, pakistanis and greeks. Gonna move to flushing and live with the sexy gooks.
Also, what do you look like so I can avoid you?

I grew up out in the woods, own several guns, and have been shooting guns as far back as I can remember.

You sound like a massive faggot with a gun fetish.

Go talk to some old farmer about how much you love guns, he'll probably try to beat your ass for being a queer.

i look exactly like you

FYI this is only for one bedroom apartments.
The smart thing to do if you want to live in a trendy city is split a place with people you know or people through craigslist so you get your room for somewhere between 600-800 ideally, plus a living space instead of a cramped studio.

Why is a farmer's opinion relevant?

Holy shit, you sound like you're literally sexually attracted to your gun. Like, read that back to yourself and then try and tell me that you're not.

So are you.

was is it with you nu-male conservatives being gun toting faggots. Back in the day Conservatives owned gun but they didn't fucking cum on them and worship them.

Because they don't live in a city, and they also probably don't stick their guns up their ass like the faggot I replied to.

Nope, it's not worth living with other people.

Most people are absolutely disgusting and can't be assed to keep their places clean and in order.

Depends. When you're right out of college, living with other people is fine. At a certain point, though, you really want to be able to get your own place.

I agree that other people are usually messy but it's really the only way to live on your own in a city when you're young, unless you have an amazing job or parents who enjoy spoiling you.

These infographs are pretty generalized and not that accurate. In SF $2500 can get you two bedrooms in a okay location.

t. Someone who lives in SF

Spanish Harlem checking in. rent is 900. decent sized room with huge windows

>Someone who lives in SF

Condolences.

THIS

MAP LOOKS LIKE STUDIO PRICES FROM 5 YEARS AGO

should mention it's a 2br and I have two other roommates

What for? SF is an amazing city, definitely better than whatever shithole you live in.

I live in Soho 6500 a month lol

These maps are cool

>making some jew fat on your need for a living space
>not following the ONLY universally agreed-upon financial advice

BUY SOME FUCKING LAND. You won't give two shits about that trendy ukranian coffee shop you live above when you're 60. You might give a shit about an extra half million in the bank. You're an adult, figure it out.

I live in Tampa FL and pay 700 a month for a second story 2/2. I really don't understand why someone would live in NY or SF when they could probably do everything through the internet and save literal hundreds of thousands over 10 years.

>Muh atmosphere
getting robbed and annoyed by the homeless isn't worth paying for
>Muh nightlife
Nigga 24/7 isnt exclusive

>have fun when your young
>have fun when your old

hmmm tough choice

sick burn bro, your coworkers at reddit HQ will be impressed

Stay mad and stay poor, faggot.

>tfw live in medium sized city and rent a really nice one bedroom apartment that's probably 2-3 times the size of a typical NYC apartment for only $500. For the price of a NYC apartment I could rent an entire large several bed/bath house with garage and basement and yard in a really nice neighborhood, or a huge condo downtown, or an entire floor loft in the old factory district.
>tfw I live in the city center, walking distance from tons of nice restaurants, bars/nightlife, museums, art galleries, etc.
>tfw we have quite a few former NYC drones who moved here and opened businesses so we can get everything here you can get there but a lot cheaper.
>tfw we also get a lot of west coast hippy new age bullshit if anyone is interested in it, but no one takes their social justice crap seriously.
>tfw we have more parks and open spaces in the city and a huge national park a short drive out of the city limits and none of it smells like human waste.
>tfw our ghetto is clearly defined with nothing at all of value to wonder about, and the nogs are terrified to cross the line because they know we're not gun-phobic liberals and we burned their fucking shit down for getting too uppity in recent memory, and any time you see one of them out of bounds they are obsessively polite to every white person they encounter like a fucking mammy/uncle tom fresh off the plantation/

>tfw the coasts think they're shitty lives are better because we're just an irrelevant "fly-over"

yeah, buying land in buttfuck locales has worked out sooo much better than Manhattan real estate.

Why does every flyover cuck think their shit dirt patch means anything or was somehow financially prudent?

>Kelsey Grammer
>he doesn't live in Frasier's apartment in Seattle, the Elliott Bay Towers apt 1901

Way to ruin the illusion.

>Rent?

chicago?

Why do cheap skates never get it?

You only go around once. I mean if you like whatever 3 or 4th tier city you live in fine, but not everyone wants to live in Pittsburgh, or Phoenix or whatever, go for it. but no thanks.

>cheap skates

My family owns land and I'll own it when I'm old and they're dead.
Right now I live in a city.

Big whoopty friggen do.

>>tfw our ghetto is clearly defined with nothing at all of value to wonder about, and the nogs are terrified to cross the line because they know we're not gun-phobic liberals and we burned their fucking shit down for getting too uppity in recent memory, and any time you see one of them out of bounds they are obsessively polite to every white person they encounter like a fucking mammy/uncle tom fresh off the plantation/
Sounds horrible and you sound like a prick. No wonder people shit on you for being from flyover hicksville with a shitty attitude like that.

Toronto > NYC

All the flyover dicks always forget to mention what their imagined Shangri-La exactly is. Purely coincidentally of course.

>Spanish Harlem

Yeah, your life is clearly better.
That's why we're both on Sup Forums right now.

Sounds horrible if youre a ghetto nig.

What's holding up this 'own land' bullshit like it's the be all and end all.

I could buy 1000s of irrelevant useless acres for the cost of my h?use in Brooklyn. So fucking what?

>b-but muh homestead fantasy

Smh

>mfw it doesn't even exist

Toronto is quite nice, but it's objectively not >NYC.

>Hunt for food in Manhattan
K. Also, you can own and shoot guns here. It's carrying them around that's the issue.

And what flyover dick city would you have respect for?

Im sure it's purely coincidental that the answer is going to be "none of them".

Edge/10.

>it always the same. Some retard who thinks like San Antonio is a paradise on earth or something.

You sound like a genuinely bad person. Just wanted you to know that.

t. Chink

One of the many reasons I love being a flyover

None of them really. Does Aspen count? New Orleans is all right.

How high are you're health insurance premiums? I assume what you save in rent is more than made up for in stab wounds.

No shit, are you new here?

If you wanna shoot a gun that fucking much, go to a shooting range. That's what people in civilised countries do.

whens the last time you saw a women under 200 pounds?

Where do you live? How much do you pay? How many bedrooms?

Except you won't even be able to afford the tax on it because you're giving your money to the landlord. Your parents hate you anyway they aren't leaving you jack shit.