Did anybody else hate Linkin Park back in 2000 but now unironically enjoy their music?

Did anybody else hate Linkin Park back in 2000 but now unironically enjoy their music?

They were just another cheesy Nu-Metal act back when I was watching MTV2 for days on end. We used to laugh at them at school. Now, as a grown 30+ man and since the death of Chester, I have a new found appreciation for their lyrics and style

In The End is no longer just a meme song with a cheesy video. It actually means something to me. I finally got it after all those years of ridiculing them and it took the death of their frontman to bring me to my senses. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy in interviews and had a fucked up childhood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5qF_qbaWt3Q
soundcloud.com/contrapaasso/closing-tribute-to-linkin-park
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its weird that this post mortem legitimizing is going to happen to Linkin Park now

angst is a pretty pleb emotion but they were able to capture it perfectly and any music that's able to do that with any feeling is impressive desu

>In The End is no longer just a meme song with a cheesy video

wrong

That was Chester's last gift to the world...

Its true. I was even listening to Slipknot today who I was briefly into as an angsty 16 year old. Metal is not my thing but credit where its due, take away the silly masks and gimmicks and they were a great, heavy fucking band

Unrelated somewhat but it seems that American bands are the best at being angsty, hate filled and their members most prone to depressive suicide. Why is this?

Look, would I rather listen to In the End than many other songs with similar chart success, sure. But it's still really thin musically. Whether or not the guy was nice or thoughtful or whatever is -completely- irrelevant. Some of the best music in the world is really fucking cynical and some of the worst comes from the heart.

you're 30+ you weren't their audience only by a year or two but you were too old to truely get it, probably similar to how mumble rap sounds like trash to me

No. I liked them as a youngen and grew out around 6th or 7th grade.
... I did enjoy this song youtu.be/5qF_qbaWt3Q when I heard it on MTV one morning though. It does change the entire sound of Linkin Park after losing the band though. It's heart breaking that we assumed they were only wanting to appeal to the angry white youth and not trapped in their tragedies.

I loved Linkin Park. Grew out of it in 2009 or so but never to the point of disliking it. I simply didn't care much for what they came up with next but even before Chester's death, In The End and some of their other songs would always get me. Not in the "woe is me" sort of way but "oh man, this is still good to listen to".

i relistened to reanimation whenever i heard that chester had passed away, and decided to make a tribute using the opening track

soundcloud.com/contrapaasso/closing-tribute-to-linkin-park

I kind of hated them when I was young, but now I can appreciate them for what they were, a decent pop chart-oriented Nu-Metal band primarily for teenagers. I think that's as much a maturation than anything though.

Fuck off.

America is heavily influenced by jewish culturally marxism

>culturally marxism
go away

it's called cultural capitalism m8

A week ago if you said Linkin Park was good on here people would be tearing you apart.

Chester's death was unfortunate, death is never funny on it's own, but his passing doesn't make Linkin Park suddenly good. The music itself hasn't changed at all.

>A week ago if you said Linkin Park was good on here people would be tearing you apart.

Hybrid Theory was post ironically being praised here for the last 2 or so years, probably going to happen a lot more now though

Because of shills and nostalgic 20 somethings. Hybrid Theory was generic garbage, I could recognize that at about age 10

I agree, Jewish capitalism is disgusting. >implying PJW would ever talk about the JQ L M F A O the dude's shit taste in politics is a good indicator of why he likes hopsin

not an argument.
Where indigenous cultures around the world were grown and developed over the course of thousands of years, American culture was asserted into existence, making it so that it values "standing out", "being alpha" and other individualistic principles very highly.

Also, where every other ethnolinguistic group (even Jews in diaspora, I should add) has their folk songs, the entirety of the Americas' music culture is centered around the introduced language's poetic tendencies and regional dialect, with the various aural idioms of the Old World being treated as a sort-of color palette used to express said tendencies.

Reanimation is better.

They were terrible even by nu metal standards. At least bands like KoRn, Deftones and Slipknot had some semblance of interesting and ambitious musical composition. Chromatic melodies, unpredictable harmonic progressions, syncopated rhythms, elements of noise, unusual song structures etc. which actually resulted in some of their songs still holding up to some extent.

Linkin Park had none of that, they were the metal equivalent of lowest common denominator, stale, predictable and easily digestible pop music. 2-3 minutes long, standard pop song structures, generic chord progressions and simplistic diatonic melodies topped off with awful "angsty" lyrics that could only ever appeal to teenagers. That's not even getting into Hybrid Theory's absolutely abhorrent production quality. Meteora improved on the sound but the compositions were still completely vapid. I haven't listened to anything after that album so I can't comment, but up to that point they definitely deserve to be considered one of the worst bands of all time.

This pretty much describes my experience with them to, except if I remember right I stopped listening a little after Minutes to Midnight came out, while I enjoyed it I could tell their style was changing but at this point in time my taste in music was becoming more refined anyway, in huge part thanks to Linkin Park.