Just saw the Blair Witch

Just saw the pic related and they turned it into Silent Hill and I loved it. Time distortion, paranormal alternate universe, eternal darkness. UFOs too. Fucking awesome.

wait for real? Thats cool breh

I don't believe you.

>Time distortion
I'll buy it.

The UFOs are unnerving tho

Did they make that videogame that was also a crossover with another game canon?

You ever see any other Adam Wingard films? How would you rate it compared to the others?

Time Distortion? So it's like that theory that the first and this movie all happen at the same time?

PLEASE tell me it's on par with or better than The Guest

>wingard directed it
i had no idea
i thought it was just one of those quick buck remakes

Someone mentioned that the ending is basically the same as the first, but this one is a lot more exciting and pedal-to-the-medal. Basically a constant thrill ride, which is how a proper sequel should be. And I feel better already knowing that the ending is cliche before I go see it, would have been annoying if I was expecting something better.

He's also doing Death Note with a nigger as L.

Also apparently Jason Eisner (Hobo With A Shotgun) is involved in that somehow so that oughta be cool.

Exactly what happens.

One of the guys leaves the group, disappears for like 8 hours and for him it was like six days and he was starving. Next time you see him it's been YEARS for him and 2-3 days for everyone else

^It's an actual spoiler so be smart about it.

They get sucked into this alternate reality where it's ALWAYS dark.

UFO shit was just implied a couple times in the movie. Well executed I think.

Can't compare. Never seen any of his films

Same ending but elaborated on and executed much better.

What's with that shit in the trailer where they destroy a stick doll and it cuts to a body on the ground and people are freaking out?

Quit supporting this bullshit, you people are part of the fucking problem.

>Time distortion, paranormal alternate universe, eternal darkness. UFOs too

this actually sounds great.

L.A. preview screening here
It's for the most part tonally and stylistically separated from everything else in Wingard's filmography, excluding maybe the V/H/S shorts - so kind of hard to compare
On the whole, I think The Guest has a little more going for it. There's only so much you could accomplish with the found footage format.

In the end we learn that there was a dog behind everything.

Also, generally, the movie was pretty standard kids-lost-in-the-woods fare, only really making an effort to stand on its on by supercharging the ending a little bit.
Both Jay and Mike will rip into it because when you get down to it, the film is essentially littered with the same screaming long-mouthed demon style of jump scare as Grave Encounters.
The witch looks like a real-life incarnation of the stick figure on the poster.

You're selling me on this so much OP.
I'm generally pretty attracted to horror movies. Even if they are 2spooky.
But the original Blair Witch Project really fucked me when I watched it. Obviously what scares people is subjective but I still visualize the scenes in that movie in my head to this day and get freaked out a bit.

>The witch looks like a real-life incarnation of the stick figure on the poster.
The fuck is that even supposed to imply

she's got those slenderman-esque body proportions - long, lanky limbs

Thanks for the spoilers. The thread was being so safe at first too. Aw well.

PHX preview screening here. Not much of a horror person, thought it was pretty generic and nothing special, something I would watch on a Friday night with some friends.

Arrowhead? I was there.

thanks for the review. You make it sound like utter shit.

I saw it a few weeks ago

OP, do you think this is the same Witch from the first movie, and how many paranormal threats do you think there are

SO

they take everything that was great about the original - the mystery, the suspense, the dread

and they shit all over it with CG monsters and jump scares

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

how scary is it? jump scares? I have heart problems

I don't believe you liked the movie, because this sounds nothing like the original

Viral shills GTFO

I'm gonna start an anti-meme about how shit this movie is, and I'm gonna do it
for
free

LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR

I know what the kids like, the kids like stuff like BANG and SHOUT and CRASH and LOUD MUSIC ahahah right!?

You see the monster for a fraction of a second and there is very little CG?

He never mentioned anything about CGI or Jump Scares.

so the mcfarlane toy isn't canon? bummer