Luke Cage

Do you have to watch Jessica Jones before Luke Cage? I don't feel like watching that feminist drek, i just want to watch a nigger punch things

No

then look COPS

Doubt it.

Just watched Jessica Jones though and it was actually pretty damn good. If you can get around her being blacked by Luke, it is a good show. The side characters start to ruin it towards the end, and the writing kind of falters as well, but Ritter acts pretty well and Tennant is amazing as the villain.

I didn't even find it that preachy either unless you just find show headed by a female as feminist.

I hated Jessica, and this is from someone who's read the comics and enjoyed them

Here's what Luke did in the show
>Started fucking Jessica
>He tries to help her solve her problems so she pushes him out of the show for a few hours
>Comes back when the villain burns down his bar
>They try to figure out his plan until they find him at a strip club and he tells Luke to kill Jessica
>They fight and then Luke disappears while she kills the bad guy on her own

On Luke also, didn't it seem out of character up to the point to try and kill the bus driver? Like I can understand being angry at him possibly being intoxicated, but doesn't seem like a very hero move. Seemed shoehorned in so they had a reason to have JJ tell him she killed his wife.

As I say above, I actually liked the show, though that is more because of Ritter, Tennant, and Moss doing very good jobs. Ex junkie dude wasn't bad either until the end when his character had nothing to do. Liked the acting, but the writing was meh.

>Ritter acts pretty well
Awwww hell naw. She's got no range, always makes the same face and looks bored 90% of the time.

>always makes the same face

When she smiled right before killing Kilgrave it made my heart go doki-doki.

I don't think Luke would actually have gone through with it. That said, back in the original comics, he wasn't against the idea of killing completely. I think he considered it a few times; and he certainly planned on not holding back if the police came to take him back to prison.

Remember, this is the guy who was a gang leader until he pulled a CJ (GTA San Andreas) and bettered himself. He did all kinds of dirty gang shit before getting falsely imprisoned.

I must have slept through it.

I never read the comics so I was just basing it on the show to that point.

I thought the acting from her was good. Then again my opinion may be biased because I have a huge crush on her. I thought she did what the people making it wanted the character to do.

I say that though never reading the comics.

Jessica Jones was ok, but yeh some things felt like they were added just for the sake of adding without adding to the story

No, it's a fair point, I'm just further muddying the waters. Fact is, MCU Luke isn't as angry as 70s Cage. I suspect he would have stopped short of killing the guy, if not giving him a severe beating.

In the comics he damn near beats an aging scientist/doctor (the guy who, admittedly, offered him the chance to die for science with a slim chance of parole if he survived) more than once.

I'm not sure how they are going to approach the whole Hero for Hire thing, as in the trailers he seems to be just being an outright hero. I liked that Luke chose to earn his living from it. It will be a shame if they don't go that way.

The first time they tried to kidnap the doctor was laughable.

>If you can get around her being blacked by Luke, it is a good show.

KEK

I think the Heroes for Hire comes after Defenders. Luke gets his show, Iron Fist gets his show, we get Defenders next year. Then Luke & Iron Fist become Heroes for Hire after Defenders. We'll see if they keep their own seasons or if it gets combined as Heroes only. Which could easily happen.

Basically everything with the dumb upstair neighbors

That's not quite what I mean. Luke's entire thing is "Shit, I am a escaped con with no legal identification. Guess I'll use my super powers to help people, but also make bank at the same time. Don't need no ID for that."

He charges for his services from like day 2, after someone pays him a reward for stopping a robber.

In the trailer, he seems to be doing it purely for altruistic reasons. Luke is a businessman and mercenary as much as he is a hero. Nigga chased Doom to his castle over $200.

Im halfway through and convinced cage is the only good actor.
Tennant is awful.

That's oldschool and MCU doesn't borrow from oldschool much. MCU is more a Disney version of the Ultimates series.

I just think a Doctor Who crossover where Jessica meets Tennant!Doctor and freaks the fuck out would be hilarious.

I'm sad that Kilgrave's story concluded before we got to see him in the Defenders. He would have made a really good enemy for the team, being that he could practically turn the city against them. Here's hoping he returns.

Yeah, i had noticed that; they look like the Ultimate versions right down to the outfits a lot of the time. Which is fine by me. I loved the Ultimate setting.

I couldn't buy Tennant's character.
I know they tried to play the whole oh he's so aloof he doesn't care angle.
Look he could control Iron Man or the Hulk and just take over the world.
But he'd rather chase after Jessica because he fell in love with her.
It was lackluster to say the least but I expected as much and still enjoyed the show. Despite skipping a few episodes.
They even portrayed him as getting off on having power over people.
Someone like that doesn't just travel around with pretty girls getting free meals in fancy restaurants.

kilgrave isn't dead he can just tell himself not to die and he won't die

he cant control iron man or the hulk for one hulk doesnt listen to reason and 2 iron man is in a suit of ai that can easily stop him if need be and 3 he doesnt want to a pair of earphones and hes an average dude

>Someone like that doesn't just travel around with pretty girls getting free meals in fancy restaurants.
I would

If you are only half way through, expect a ton more Tennant soon.

Also I actually didn't find Cage/Coulter all that special. Had the look down, but somebody above said they thought JJ was rangeless, Cage was worse in that aspect. Maybe that is how Cage was in the comics, but for the most part he just kept a stern look on his face. The only range he showed was change from stern face to anger face.

No you wouldn't.
For awhile you would, sure.
But you'd get bored and eventually want to do something else.
Then you'd wanna test the limits of your powers.
And it'd only escalate from there.
Even the rich who do have hot ladies on their arms and go eat fancy meals don't get off on just that.
They get off on people seeing them, knowing them, etc.
To do that you'd have develop yourself into something.
You couldn't just be a villain walking in otherwise heroes would show up often.
Instead you'd set yourself up as a business man, a criminal overlord, etc.
You'd want power without using your powers.
Plus they showed he was crazy with him just having Jessica kill Luke's chick for no reason at all.
People like that don't settle for going to dinner and getting a blow job under the table.

Thats the diff, cage is supposed to be a stoic, so the range is subtle.
JJ is clearly not written as a stoic, but always has a deadpan look on her face.
Except in flashbacks, which does suggest it might be the directors fault

The entire point is he is a spoilt child who always gets everything he wants with no effort. Why take over the world? It paints a target on him, and even with his powers is a commitment and effort.

He is, or was, happy just living it up. Eating at all the best places, fucking anyone he wants, and just living it up.

And then Jessica came along, and became the perfect capstone to his little setup, and worse, the perfect "we always want what we cannot have" experience that he had literally never experienced in his adult life.

>They even portrayed him as getting off on having power over people. Someone like that doesn't just travel around with pretty girls getting free meals in fancy restaurants.

Em, that's exactly what someone like him does. His only ambition is to eat drink and be merry, and also horrifically sadistic.

Plus, even with his powers, he likely wouldn't want to be on the radar of someone like Iron Man ("Jarvis, this guy seems to be giving people orders and they can't resist. Turn off local audio feed.") or Thor. Even SHIELD would just bomb whatever building he was in before he could control anyone high enough to cause problems. He only has to be outed once; he was lucky that the Hydra shit went down, because he was likely already of the SHIELD list of people to make disappear.

The comment about him taking over Iron Man/Hulk/the World came from the people who made the show because they were trying to hype him up.

"He is, or was, happy just living it up. Eating at all the best places, fucking anyone he wants, and just living it up. "
Well good thing he is just a fucking comic book character. Because not how human psychology works. Oh wait, they tried to make him realistic.

Tennant made a great villian. I'll give you that. He's a great actor.

The rest of the story makes no sense at all. If that show was pro-feminism it sure didn't convey the message well. Through the whole show Jessica is basically the bitch of everyone around her, is too weak and feeble to do anything about it despite having numerous chances. As far as I could tell it was a fantasy for women who want to relieve the abuse that both turned them on and at the same made them hate themselves for the guilty pleasure of enjoying abuse. Jessica literally has a hundred times where she could just end the whole abuse thing and she drags it out while women around her are beaten, tortured, and killed. Every time she's like but no I dun wanna be a bad guy and kill the villian like I easily could. Spoilers, the end of the series she does.

The weakest of the Marvel shows not counting Agents of Shield which is a side universe anyway.

Maybe a side Universe.
Rumors are Ghostrider is only appearing in Agents of Shield to test the audience. If all goes well then Rider will end up on Netflix. Possibly appearing first in the Defenders since he was once a part of the team.

The entire show parodies SJW/PC culture without them even noticing. Jessica, the 'victim' and feminist-insert is a complete fuckup and raging alcoholic who voyeurs for a living and fucks a guy whose wife she killed. The 'gay' characters are all terrible human beings who do horrific and monstrous shit to eachother.

It practically takes everything PC and turns it on it's head, while keeping enough of a coat of paint to be approved by the masses.

Would anyone consider Hogarth a positive gay role model? Jessica a good role model for a rape survivor?

I loved it.

As said the writing was horrible. Simpsons' character was annoying, but he was right in killing Tennant instead of capturing him. They risked the lives of many people for the sake of one girl who in the end kills herself anyways.

Another script part that kind of left me head scratching. Felt like they had this idea of capturing Kilgrave and actually proving Hope's innocence but then they couldn't figure out how to finish it so they just killed her and opened JJ to finally kill him.

>Look he could control Iron Man or the Hulk
then some guy he can't control like Vision just kills him

wow no more kilgrave. really puts a hole in that amazing theory of yours.

Again, not a theory Sup Forums came up with. It was actually said by the people making the show.

So do you dislike the character, Tennant's performance, or both?

How the character was written. Tennant was fine. If his character had not been a man just past his prime the attitude would have made sense. But he was over 40 years old and spent his entire life just being aloof and going to fine dinners and fucking hot chicks, nothing else involved. That's not how people work. He'd had a midlife crisis at some point and wanted something different. Nope. He's still a spoiled little kid getting what he wants like someone else said. Even rich people don't act like that their entire life. They go through different periods. Kilgrave was written as a 1 dimensional character.

This. Why don't more people pick up on this?

>Giga nigger with no weaknesses: The show

Sounds boring.

>Ritter acts pretty well

You do not have any right to state your opinion.

jessica jones is alright, not great.

david tennant is a good villian and should have had more screen time.

if you're one of the guys that comes on here genuinely angry that black people and women exist on television then it's not for you, but if you're not a retard it's worth watching a few episodes and making up your own mind.