Topsters thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uSsvtvAtIzU
youtube.com/watch?v=kPwPwSQE9bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

list to Kaleidoscope's Tangerine Dream and yeah

terrible

Nice

pretty good, go listen to some fela kuti (even if you already know his music)
clarence clarity my dude
simon finn if you're in the mood for some emotive folk from the 70s

Sup peeps

hello
hope you all enjoy the rest of your day

Listen to more music, make a better chart, then come back.

Where is Justin Timberlake ?

i haven't tried him yet but he's been on my backlog for ages

slightly updated
pop you're a really nice person :)
i finally got around to marquee moon a few days ago. really good stuff

FutureSex/LoveSounds is a classic and forms the backbone for much of the heavier synth centric pop music today. Kate Bush also deserves a listen unless you didn't include her on account of not being a fan.

rate, comment, guess, etc

do not rec if you are only going to do so because you "have to"

i'll give it a try, thanks
i do like kate bush, hounds of love is on the second row and i should add the dreaming to my chart too

so are you :D

C o l o r C o d e d
WiFi is so bad I can't even load your charts sorry lads

741150dude
#
simon finn if you're in the mood for somedude
# #
#
(OP) #
Listen to more music, make a better
simon finn if you're in theo d e d
WiFi is so bad mood for some

It was hard to catch her in the sea of pretty women. I should probably make a pop singles / collections chart so that I have more to contribute.

Showed Bitter Tea to my lady friend and she did not like it. Was deeply saddened.

Color coded because there was no other way to make your selections interesting.

Wouldn't mind a version with names if you're interested in sharing.

is this your chart as in your favorites

>tripfag thinking anyone values his opinion
Just leave faggot
Yup these are my favorites

>Showed Bitter Tea to my lady friend and she did not like it. Was deeply saddened.
Damn, why not? Thatched Hut and the title track are serious bangers!
Where is your chart anyways?

Love your chart, very similar taste to mine
Nice yo see Scary Monsters getting some love man. Reccin: Loscil
Reccin Ben Frost and Tim Hecker
Tago Mago is great man

Are we just ignoring the other thread or... o-okay.

You are in the presence of royalty. Bend your knee and kiss the ring.

>Damn, why not?
Too spastic, I guess.
>Where is your chart anyways?
I only have this one from ~four years ago.

>Yup these are my favorites
it looks like some essentials list. get some taste. try getting deeply into a genre instead of just listening to the most highly recommended and acclaimed album from literally every genre. it makes you look like a drone and it seems like you lack personal identity and a clear idea of your likes and dislikes. you have obviously listened to a decent amount of music so you should really have found what you enjoy by now and discovered more obscure artists and albums that appeal to your developed personal taste more than they do to the general public. I do not understand how Pink Flag, Dopesmoker, Trout Mask Replica, Exmilitary, In a Silent Way, Abbey Road, Ready to Die, and The Ape of Naples find themselves on the same chart; a chart which is at the same time almost entirely devoid of any punk, stoner metal, jazz, or hip hop outside of the pitchfork/rym canon. do yourself a favor and really consider what you truly like in music and search for that; you will develop your taste and gain a deeper appreciation and enjoyment of music.

Naw how bout you go fuck yourself

Saving this as a copypasta, thank you.

He's right though.

*this one

non

Good list, we have a lot in common.

Same goes for this

Not a recommendation necessarily, but what did you think of Traditional Synthesiser Music? I know it's objectively far from Snares' best, but I'm a huge sucker for analogue synths.

This is an amazing list.

Is this pasta

>elitist critiques
>tripfag
>entry level "obscure" music
Checks out

>only focus on one genre until you become a pretentious pasta-writing retard like me
Lmao kys faggot

>Traditional Synthesiser Music
Haven't listened to it, sorry.
Listen to Pepe Bradock - Burning
It will be from now on.

t. Sup Forumsdrone

t. no reading comprehension

t. scruffy drone

rec me guitars music, electric or otherwise

>elitist critiques
>tripfag
Checks out

lmao

that list is from four years ago and gives credit to craftsmanship moreso than the level of obscurity

mature music listeners recognize that obscurity is more of a necessary evil on the path to discovering gems than it is a goal unto itself

you do not strike me as a mature music listener based on this comment

youtube.com/watch?v=uSsvtvAtIzU

my taste is immaculate

Wow a tripfag who is garbage, imagine my shock
Why dont you go kill yourself. Seriously just go do it

are you from Argentina? do you play any instruments?

rate me

>elitist critiques
>tripfag
Checks out

Wrong.

>implying elitism is bad
Go back to and listen to Radiohead, pleb.

>are you from Argentina?
Of course he is. All of his taste is entry level garbage except for Bocanada, which means the only reason he has listened to it is because it's entry level garbage from the place he lives.

>elitist critiques
I do not understand what this means

35%
F-

Man do you always have to be a cunt? Youre taste is embarrassing yet you act so entitled

What's wrong?

Holy fuck the tripfags in this trash thread have made so many terrible posts that it's convinced me to start an ignore list

you should listen to chopin's preludes

>elitist critiques
>tripfag
Checks out

Don't forget to put me on there, user.

also im listening to the cage album you had and i have a hard time anybody could actually enjoy listening to this as any more than a curiosity. it isn't really music anyway.

What do you expect from idiots who hate on other people unprovoked? They dont care about music, just the image of being contrarian

>NO Endtroducing.....

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

GUESS WHOS COMING

I've only heard Rubinstein. Do you have a specific performer in mind ?

>elitist critiques
I do not understand what this means

Indeterminacy was an area of interest for me at the time. I would probably select something different now.
>it isn't really music anyway.
incorrect

Of course you dont understand, most people with autism struggle with such things

Tears for fears? Really? Are you retarded?

Instead of screaming and crying about me not liking what you like, give me recs.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is autistic may accuse other people of having autism.

i like kissin, rubenstein plays them too quickly imo

Wow nice implying buddy, sure got me! Fuck off, no one cares about you and your shitty elitism

hall and oates - private eyes
close to the edge
in utero

with taste like that you might as well start a thread begging for better music or just go to Sup Forums

queuing up some youtube vids now, thanks

plebs wailing against elitism is a wonderful thing

Lmao im not wailing, you just are a cunt with a superiority complex. You arent worth shit, and neither is your opinions or your musical taste. You could die and no one would care.

all these newfags itt

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is autistic may accuse other people of having autism.

I don't have time for that shit I'm not a sperg

>it's another episode of Friendo causes everyone ITT to sperg out

settle down, child

non sequitur

>mature music listeners recognize that obscurity is more of a necessary evil on the path to discovering gems than it is a goal unto itself
>you do not strike me as a mature music listener based on this comment

The elitism that user was probably talking about with tripfags is stuff like this and the general tone in your posts of believing only you and a few other enlightened individuals understand this method of listening to music. You arent unique for believing this. You aren't contrarian for placing importance on composition. Your taste in music isnt unique. Your posts seem like youre going through babbys first music discovery phase and that feeling of superiority that comes with discovering new music, listening to music for the composition or an aesthetic done right etc, and then the realization that a ton of people do that anyway and it doesnt make you unique. Except youve been in that phase for years

Aw calling me a child? You upset? There there buddy
This guy gets it

Good thread

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is a child may accuse other people of being a child.

I think you'll like The Mars Volta.

Good thread [2]

>The Who Sell Out

That album is a fucking masterpiece that needs more recognition here. 10/10 just because of that.

can i see your chart? you seem like you know what you're talking about here!

>Grimes, BTBAM, Qotsa

I thought I was the only one.

yeah i like how townsend snuck a chorale into a rock album with siilas stingy, and its a damn good song too

Silas Stingy is a John Entwistle song, actually, but it's quite nice. Not the album's best song, though. The whole concept of a fake pirate radio is made even more endearing by the really funny interludes.

Rec me some albums made by musicians, please

Check out Bowery Electric and Labradford

CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange

Thanks buddies! :)

Someone give me a rec before this thread gets worse

No problem guy

Windy and Carl?
Carbon Based Lifeforms?

lol im retarded for getting the name wrong, i remembered the bassist was the only one who had a formal music education

Entwistle played the french horn in an orchestra and formed a trad jazz group with Townshed in high school (dunno which instruments either played, though). Then he picked up bass, which is why his style is so unique. Townshed had some, his dad playing the sax and his mom having sung in the entertainment department of the RAF during WW2. Moon and Daltrey didn't, as far as I remember.

Lurk more plebs

=)

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic
youtube.com/watch?v=kPwPwSQE9bs

lil ugly mane - uneven compromise

Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World

>the general tone in your posts
tone arguments are ad hominem attacks and rely on the premise that you can somehow read my mind/soul instead of my words to understand where I am coming from

>You arent unique for believing this. You aren't contrarian for placing importance on composition. Your taste in music isnt unique. Your posts seem like youre going through babbys first music discovery phase and that feeling of superiority that comes with discovering new music, listening to music for the composition or an aesthetic done right etc, and then the realization that a ton of people do that anyway and it doesnt make you unique. Except youve been in that phase for years
what a waste of space, my goodness
using the phrase "entry-level obscure" betrays an opinion that "entry-level" both exists (it doesn't) and is a metric worthy of judging something (it isn't)

settle down, child

non sequitur

the chart I posted ITT is from 2013, I have yet to make a new one
many of the things on this chart would be replaced e.g. spem in alium for gesualdo's tenebrae, beethoven's 9th with his 6th, more singles, moondog swapped out for Mingus Mingus Mingus Minugs, etc

probably 50%+ of the chart is no longer accurate

>give me recs
>despite the fact I didn't rec anyone else

>using the phrase "entry-level obscure" betrays an opinion that "entry-level" both exists (it doesn't) and is a metric worthy of judging something (it isn't)

Im glad you agree

nice chart