Serious question you guys -- How much time does he deserve?

Serious question you guys -- How much time does he deserve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OdinmlIdnYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He deserves life in prison, or the death penalty. Hang the piece of shit!

Zero

deserves to get death by firing squad.
Fucking neo-jew ruining this country

>Fucking neo-jew ruining this country
Opinion discarded.

maybe a day or two

he just needs to be infected with something terminal, and then told the price of the medication has just been increased by twenty million percent.

he doesn't wear a beard very well

and then the owner of the medication gives you the option to contact him to get the medication for FREE

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this

Wow, good thing he probably has insurance. Dumb fuck.

don't check the news that often, what did he do?

You guys should maybe actually read headlines and keep up with things before you form over the top opinions. He faced securities fraud charges, i.e. he used funds from his publicly traded company to pay off debts and you're all calling for his execution.

He deserves double death.

5 is enough but I doubt he'll even get a year.

I wonder if he likes shitty food and boredom interspersed with terror?

dis

tree fiddy

People like him will do this again because they are fucking good at what they do. The only way to deter them is to put them in prison for 5 years. Even if it's the nicest prison in the country they likely won't try it again after having their freedom taken for 5 years.

did you forget the part where he raised the price of a particular, important AIDS medication by 5000%?

capitalism is all well and good but raising the price of life saving medication not because the supply is low, not because its difficult to manufacture, not because of any real reason other than "I want more money" is criminal and abhorrent.

NONE, SHKRELI LITERALLY DID NOTHING WRONG

Please be bait.
If not, watch one of those prison gang documentaries.

what do you think he did wrong that deserves 5 years in prison?

Bump

>did you forget the part where he raised the price of a particular, important AIDS medication by 5000%?

Not illegal that is not what he was convicted of. Again, please actually read stories beyond the headlines before you form opinions.

So uninfuckingformed

thats not a crime
have you ever thought maybe he wants to rid the world of AIDS infected people?
the man is an AMERICAN HERO

He raised the price of the meds because it's mostly niggers and faggots that need it. He's a fucking saint, and if it'd be allowed to stay in effect then a massive part of our problems with niggers and faggots would have sorted itself out in the coming years.

this

Nice quads

It's not the 90s anymore, buddy...

the sentence should be that his private Wu Tang album should be taken away from him

He raised the price on a 70 year old medication for toxoplasmosis. Only 10,000 people are affected by this disease in the us. Weird thing is that not a single person wasn't able to get the medication either. Get fucked

you talkumbout skreet justice, niqqa

IMPRESSIVE

What did he do again?

he did nothing wrong

>If you can afford it you buy it yourself
>If you have insurance it gets paid for
>If you can't afford either, you get it for free

Fuck off.

>He raised the price of the meds because it's mostly niggers and faggots
Opinion discarded.

What did he do right?

trolled the media and killed AIDS people

>What did he do right?

Made liberals mad.

maximized profits for shareholders. which is the goal of every business. simple concept taught in every business 101 class

He sells the drug at $750/pop to the insurance companies and shit. Most hospitals only have like 1-2 bottles in stock, and that's all they ever had.

But, if you, an individual wanted the drug, you could obtain it for free.

I'm not replying directly to the OP, but the retards in this thread.

Literally, you guys see a news headline: "CEO raises drug prices by 5000%", and think "hm, that's evil!" without an understanding of shit. Get fucked.

Jesus christ, his beard just looks like someone dotted him with a fine point sharpie...

You mean that fucking daraprim or some shit?

That white ass nigga up the price through the roof because he needs the extra money for research. Plus, he was being honest about wanting to make the shareholders happy. I don't like his wannabe gangster attitude but people need give him some slack, dog.

>maximized profits for shareholders. which is the goal of every business.
Because that's never been a problem.

nice reply man

>Not illegal
True, but it should be.
You know "Contergan" - it was used as a sleeping pill especially for pregnant women. Pretty cheap (~10€), but unfortunately caused the deformation of children.
Nowadays it's used to cure certain forms of cancer. You know what you have to pay for it, now? Remember, it was ~10€ per package - no you have to pay ~5000$ for a comparable package. The hole industry is making a fortune by exploiting grief, and the people who could do anything about it, don't do nothing.

>Insurance cover any expensive shit
>Everybody can pay insurance, even the poor or unemployed

90 days served and 5 years probation

>t. clueless faggot who has no understanding of the situation

I hope he gets fucked in the ass by a pack of wild niggers with the AIDS virus

Where did you forget the part that insurance covers the cost of the medication and Shkreli said that he would personally make sure that anyone who cannot afford it for any reason would be given the medication for free? Fucking twit.

>If you can't afford either, you get it for free

Learn how to read you fucking idiot

which means that the increased cost gets spread across to everyone who pays for insurance.
Spoiler: Pharma-bro still gets rich and doesn't care

Yeah, that cheap drug that caused over nine-thousand significant birth defects because Europe was too fucking stupid to do any type of regulation on drugs and safety at the time.

The same drug that lead tto extensive reforms in the regulatory process of new drugs on the market. It now take over 9 years from the inital discovery of a new agents to FDA approval for a single indication.

Nine years. Countless pre-clinical and clinical studies must be done. You know whats expensive? Running these trials. All of the logistical protocol planning, all of the scientists to run the experiments on animals then eventually get to humans where it's a fuck ton more expensive.

R&D of a new drug, that has a massive potential to fail at any point over the 9 years it takes is more than you can fathom. Well over a billion dollars.

You know who pays that cost? Us, unfortunately. Because that's the way the world works.

It's funny you mention that drug, because it's the drug that made the R&D and regulatory process the way it is today. And why is it expensive now? It's a fucking anti-cancer drug. Law suit fucking city. Untop of all of the billions of dollars the original company paid from all of the birth defects, I'm surprised any other company was willing to touch that shitty drug with a 15 foot pole.

All you ignorant people really don't understand how the pharmaceutical industry works. Yet, like healthcare, everyone has a brilliant idea to fix it and make it great again.

Pic related. It's you.

>Gets spread across to everyone who pays for insurance
Mine didn't go up a dime. Even if it did, he has every right to raise the price of his product.

>Pharma bro still gets rich and doesn't care
Good, I'm happy to hear it.

NONE

>I hope he gets fucked in the ass by a pack of wild niggers
Opinion discarded.

>projecting fantasies

How much does he deserve?
Probably more than he can physically serve
How much will he get?
95% Less than what's truly fair.

There's almost no penalty for white-collar crimes when you're fucking loaded

chekt

It doesn't work like that you fucking idiot, we would like in a perfect world then

While you're right 95% of the time.. they use high profile cases like this, and lynch the little bastard so that they personally can get away with it when their time comes. I predict he gets railed and 30 other similar cases in the same day will walk free

>pharma companies don't need profit to create life saving medication

>all of the billions of dollars the original company paid from all of the birth defects
They paid about 150 000 DM (~75 000€), rest of the compensation was and still is paid by the state. Get your facts right, Mr. Lobbyist.

And yes, I know the development costs for new medication went through the roof which is especially a problem for smaller companies.

But these are also facts:
Annual profit 2016:
Roche: ~10 000 000 000 CHF
Novartis: ~6 500 000 000 $ (~18 000 000 000 $ in 2015 btw.)
Pfizer: ~7 000 000 000 $

They obviously have a hard time to survive...

Who even is this?

>He deserves life in prison, or the death penalty.
You probably do too

>You probably do too
No you.

Look at Pfizer's recent drug failures, they haven't produced anything worth anything since Norvasc and Lipitor, now both generic. They were once number one, and failed drugs have put them that far back.

You have to realize, they're invest assloads of money into 10 year investments that have a high chance to fail. When they make it, they need to profit and make it sustainable, or no new drugs for the world.

Not saying it isn't stupid but that's how it works. There is no real way to fix it. Can't cut the regulatory process, because thousands could easily die if a drug wasn't properly studied. And there isn't a real way to cut R&D costs, so it is what is is.

A REAL AMERICAN HERO

If we get strict on one, don't think it won't lead to others... and maybe, you.

Eminem with hair

It looks like Big Pharma uses the same services that the Deep State does.

Yes. Yes it does. Nobody has ever had a lack of Daraprim. If they need it, they get it.

Free in exchange for becoming a lab rat in a clinical trial. Just like what they did to Wozzeck.

He spends above average in R&D and makes relatively little in profit compared to others in his field

Source

Yes it does. If someone was not able to afford it, they could contact Shkreli and get it for free. The problem is that everyone was able to afford it without a problem so there was no problem.

Wozzeck?

He's been a dick, which is a serious violation of common law. There's no statutory law against being a dick but that's because the dicks are in charge of statutory laws.

He bought the wu album and won't share it. Do I need more reason to Chester Bennington his ass

I'm curious, does this include remote areas in african countries? What about the people that are hard to reach? What do you mean by everyone

because he gets to play god that way...
>comment discarded

based albro

Medicine sales across borders is crazy regulated. I don't know the specifics but I would bet they don't even have access

Tree fiddy

Wasn't talking about international distribution, because that's a completely different point of discussion. By everyone, I mean anybody suffering from a relevant ailment in the U.S.

The same multinational pharmaceutical labs that produce medications in the US and sell them at the highest prices in the world also produce those same medications in other countries. The prices they charge for their meds in the other countries are much, much lower than in the US.
Does Big Pharma allow this? No. They have instructed Customs and Border Control, through their captive FDA, to seize shipments of their own products at the border as contraband.
Pic related. It's you.

So no one pays for drugs anymore.

Then what? Oh, right. No medical advancement.
We'll just stay stagnant.

>implying it isn't against the law to save people money

You liberal assholes do realize that Pharmaceutical companies are legally required to MAXIMIZE profits right?

Go bitch somewhere else

And he really knows how to choose the right typeface for his business card.

He deserves all the time for that ridiculous beard. Holy shit, it looks like he glued poppy seeds to his face, but ran out half way through

>You liberal assholes do realize that Pharmaceutical companies are legally required to MAXIMIZE profits right?
Because that's never been a problem.

youtu.be/OdinmlIdnYw

"I'm sorry, Mrs Smith," says St Martin Shkreli, "but I'm legally obligated to gouge you on the price of your son's medicine. Otherwise they'll throw me in jail and you wouldn't want that, would you?"
"But I tell you what. We're human beings here at AdiktoPharm – some of us are even parents – and we don't want your Johnny to suffer. So here, the first dose is on us. Free even though its retail price is $500. You can see what a good palliative it is and how well it masks your son's symptoms.
"And we want your son to have access to his medicine at a price you can afford. So we've partnered with the federal government and they'll subsidize your son's prescriptions. Just fill out this financial questionnaire so that we might know just how much disposable income you have available for us to take, and Johnny can have his meds for the rest of his life.
"What that means for you, Mrs Smith, is that, if you can afford only $300 per dose, a federal grant will cover the $200 you can't pay for as long as you and Johnny are in the program.
"A word of warning, though. If we find out you went to Mexico to get Johnny's medicine, where it's $30 per dose, you'll be kicked out of the program permanently and you'll wind up on a USA PATRIOT "watch" list for potential sedition."

God bless St Martin Shkreli, patron of moneychangers and usurers! MAGA!

Honestly, it seems like most of his supporters are just Trump supporters, who would support anyone that likes their demagogue. Particularly if he/she shares their smug sense of self importance.

The problem with these mindsets is that people tend to oversimplify issues, particularly if they aren't very knowledgeable about them. And they provide an oversimplified answer which generally appeals to others that share their views. The truth is that it probably isn't a good idea to go all in for pure capitalistic "maximize profits" as you say, nor is it really realistic to fully socialize medicine. The reality is more complicated but no one likes that answer because it doesn't make them feel smart to say.