What's the best Smiths album...

What's the best Smiths album? I've never listened to them desu but my mom likes them and I was gonna buy her a cd for her birthday

Meat Is Murder. Why?
>best opening track
>I Want the One I Can't Have
>Nowhere Fast
>Well I Wonder

Louder than Bombs is a solid one. Also, listen to them, Marr and Rourke are gods at their instruments and Joyce's style completely fit the band, and Morrisey's got a really nice voice and some of the best lyricism in music (don't get too lost in the sad, depressive stuff like most do; they're actually quite hilarious).

The Queen Is Dead

they never managed to make a cohesive, consistent album. a few good tracks, but mostly tepid jangle pop. your mom would be much more satisfied with a nice card and a dinner at olive garden.

She already went to olive garden lmao thanks for the advice anyway

shut the fuck up

Hatful of hollow, the jangle is impeccable and it doesn't have meat is murder tacked on at the end like a tumor

>implying vicar in a tutu and some girls are bigger than others aren't the worst tracks tacked onto the end of a smiths album

This.
Worst closer of all time and worst smiths song.

They are both great.

Vicar in a tutu is good and some girls are bigger than others is a classic.

so many wrong opinions in this shit thread

t. Vegan or t. the first album was the best

the only bad smiths songs are golden lights and paint a vulgar picture

those are both good, and some girls is actually great. Cemetary gates is the worst track on queen

Paint a Vulgar Picture is one of the best tracks on Strangeways.

Hey can you please delete yourself from existence? Thanks.

Cemetery Gates is so fucking memorable. Like every line in that song is a hit. How could you think it's the worst track on Queen?

it sucks, frankly mr shankly is pretty much the same record label hate except it isn't ham fisted and terrible

I Want the One I Can't Have is such a great track

both those songs are great

this is dead wrong. Worst track is There is a Light

>Worst track is There is a Light
Bait or not, you're only saying that because you've heard it a lot, so it seems overplayed to you.

This is your brain on contrarianism

I'm so upset

TQID>SHWC>MIM>s/t
Pretty Girls Make Graves is great though.

I genuinely didn't want to listen to the Smiths because this was the song I knew by them. Morrisey's voice annoys the ever loving fuck outta me on it. I don't think I ever would have tried to get into them if Bigmouth hadn't been played by one of my friends a while back.

I hate you

I'm going with this one, mainly cuz it looks like it has the most songs compared to every other album, thus more variety and replayability. thanks user.

Bigmouth is more annoying vocally, yet that's what got you to get into them?

You forgot Frankly Mr. Shankly

This looks exactly like I expected a full blown The Smiths thread to look like.

>implying "annoying" isn't subjective
His voice goes much better with Bigmouth than it does There is a Light, mostly because Bigmouth is an all around better song, and because the instrumentals blend well with his voice, whereas on There is a Light his vocals are front and center

Those pitched-up vocals were one hell of a misstep

It's a singles compilation, and they did a damn good job with their singles. Plus, you get to see their progression, so it's a decent intro to the band.

I agree but I didn't notice them on my first listen

kys

Is so hard to say the queen is dead?
>The Queen is dead
>Frankly Mr shankly
>I know it's over
>Bigmouth strikes again
>The Boy with the Thorn in His Side
>Vicar in a Tutu
>There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
>Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
that is only 2 bad tracks out of 10
Meat is Murder is my favorite tho, sounds more grim too where queen is dead is overproduced
>The Headmaster Ritual
>Rusholme Ruffians
>I Want the One I Can't Have
>That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
>Nowhere Fast
>Well I Wonder
>Barbarism Begins at Home
1 forgetable track and 1 is the worst track by the smiths out of 9

Except Frankly Mr. Shankly is both hamfisted and terrible.

you're a pain in my arse, dude. I bet you'd rather be famous than righteous or holy any day.

Nah, it's nice.

Strangeways > The Smiths > Meat Is Murder >>>>>> The Queen Is Dead (why do people think it's their best? It's awful safe for 3 or 4 songs)

Frankly and Vulgar Picture are both great, okay?

literally kill you are self

This, also I unironically love Barbarism Begins at Home.