Anybody have any tips on quitting smoking?...

Anybody have any tips on quitting smoking?. I try to quit at least once a week but somehow find myself at the damn gas station getting another pack. I easily go through a pack a day on average usually more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vape. It's what worked for me.

Yes... JUST STOP

Gee, thanks man. Why didn't I think of that?

go 72 whole hours cold turkey and you will have the strength to stay quit for the rest of your life. I'm not going to say you will never get the urge or the itch, but you will be free of the chemical addiction.

From there, you just have to learn to overcome the psychological traps. You did everything in your life with cigarettes. Whenever you ate a meal, had sex, exerted yourself, drank. You have to re-learn how to do all of these things without smoking.

Dont try to quit all of a sudden, just smoke less and less. Keep a "diary"of how much you smoke. Learn to deal with stress and see a psych if you can't

It;s incredibly hard, I know.

This is actually my problem. I quited for 3 weeks then I realised that I can't relax without smoking. I literally had a depersonalisation episode as my stress level went too high.

Every time you feel like smoking, don't

Smoked for 8 years here. Just recently quit 3 months ago.

Try to be mindful the next time you smoke. Most of the time people who smoke are either socializing, on the phone, or just thinking about other shit. Be mindful. How do you feel? What does it smell like? What's it taste like? Answer those questions truthfully and you'll start realize how bad that shit is for you.

Go on a 5- to 7-day trip away from the people you regularly smoke with (like coworkers or friends, if you have either of those), and every time you feel like smoking, eat a cheeseburger from McDonalds. Made me a fat fuck for a few months, but losing the weight was a lot easier than trying to quit again. I knew I had quit for real when I got shithammered drunk and didn't smoke. Had smoked a pack and a half a day for 9 years and tried quitting tons of times.

Get the flu or bronchitis that will help!

My gf used Chantix and hasn't smoked in over 2 months. Just be careful because it gave her some crazy ass dreams. Also helps if you live with someone who can keep an eye on you and stop you from heading to the gas station.

yeah this is what I talk myself into when I buy another pack lol. it never works for me. I'm a chain smoker I can easily kill a pack of smokes in under 6 hours

You rack disciprine

I smoked my last pack today also user, stay strong I'm with ya

>quited

All addicts are pussys. Stop being a pussy and don't smoking if you don't want to smoke anymore faggot

Smoke as much as you can in one day, don't brush teeth.
Next day you wake up with a taste in your mouth that will make you never smoke again.
Repeat daily if necessary.

You are going to fail no matter how hard you try

It's called discipline and it is that simple, it's just not easy.

incredibly simple and close minded person right here folks

oh god that sounds horrible

he has the right idea though, whenever I go all out on smoking cigarettes I end up calling a break, but I'll still brush my teeth

>did you stop smoking?
>quite.

youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc

All the advice in this thread saying "just quit" is the only thing you need. Don't vape. Don't use gum. Don't use a patch. You're just doing the same fucking drug if you do.

literally just stop doing it, if you dont have the discipline for that youre a major fuckup

>implying nicotine in non lethal doses is harmful

I don't smoke man. You can't "quited" what you didn't start.

Still amazes me that in this age of autocorrect people still make such obvious mistakes.

I caught myself falling into the habit when i was 17, and was able to quit when I was 20 by being pissed off about my smoker's cough and how much money it was costing me. I felt like complete shit for a month and was very very anxious. You will have withdrawals, it will suck ass. But if you are strong enough you will pull through.

By "incredibly simple and close minded" do you mean "right"?

For me, smoking is a stress reaction. It's easy not to smoke when I'm taking care of myself, like eat well, sleep at reasonable times, exercise, have my life in order, work life balance, all that. And when that doesn't work out, I'm back at smoking again. But one day...

found the faggot

no, i mean ignorant and a 1 track mind

Everybody dies. Quitting a drug is not about saving your life, it's about not being a slave while you're alive.

Just stop smocking. That's all it takes.

There's the method of trying to down a carton in as little time as possible, purposefully keeping yourself awake and violently chainsmoking. Another is gum, gum is really helpful because you can still get a nicotine buzz, but your attraction to the smell and taste goes away, and it also gives you a new oral habit, then you slowly transition to regular mint gum.

I went on vacation for a month and didn't smoke whilst I was away.
When I got back I didn't feel like I needed it anymore.
Try doing something that breaks old patterns, maybe that can work?

keep trying. know that you will probably relapse. it took me 3 tries of quitting cold turkey. first time i lasted a month. second time i lasted 9 months. this is the third try and i've lasted 7 years. you can do it.

DONT quit smoking, the nicotene protects the brain blood barrier from toxic metals
and for GODS Sake, dont vape!!!!

>then you slowly transition to regular mint gum

move on to vaping with fluid which includes nicotine then replace the fluid with some which doesn't have the nicotine. then when you've stopped the craving stop vaping and get a stress ball to keep your hands busy

and it's also about saving your life because the drugs are going to kill you. the fuck?

by that logic you are completely tetotal, don't drink coffee or take paracetamol

>the nicotene protects the brain blood barrier from toxic metals

Its starting to work for me, for every five pieces of regular gum, there's one piece of nicotine gum. I only smoked for three years so it might be easier for me, but hey it seems to be working.

Chantix or Zyban

But you really gotta be committed mentally. If you can do that, it makes it so easy.

No

Well it does, shows what you know.
Oh, memes, thats what you know
lol
Intelegunts

My god, smokers are pathetic. You have so little willpower that you need Sup Forums of all places to tell you to man up and just stop smoking.

Need some more motivation other than the fact that you're a fuckup? It smells like shit, makes you smell like shit, puts you into social circles with other fuckups who smell like shit, is extremely unhealthy, and makes you look like a giant pussy when you need to leave a room of functional people to go have a smoke.

Got stress? Surprise, so does everyone else in the world. Try working out instead. You'll get the endorphins in a healthy way and you might just mitigate some of the extensive damage you've caused your body by trying to be a cool kid and smoking.

Just hold on for 2 weeks. Then it will be fucking

Is that parents told you?

op here thanks for all the replies. My biggest hurdle when I have attempted quitting is when my brain feels like its in a fog. where all I can think about is smoking one last pack. What is a good way to combat this?

>extensive damage you've caused your body

gg

Use nicotine gum and patches. The first two weeks you'll suffer from nicotine withdrawals but once you get past two weeks it won't get any worse. What I'm saying is that all yu need to do is make it two weeks without smoking.

Since the dawn of time, all the cool people have smoked.
Check and mate (even though you never will).

>What is a good way to combat this?
Stop smoking. That is chemical dependency that is causing that feeling. If you stop taking the fucking drug you will stop feeling it.

start with only smoking reefer, you'll find the taste of tobacco disgusting. it's how i quit

not smoking. lolol

Try smoking weed instead

yeah that's not going to work lol. I always need my nicotine right after I smoke weed.

find something to occupy your mind. just be careful of triggers.

Makes sense you would have a hard time accepting the truth if you think letting a chemical control your life makes you anything but a pussy. Sugar coating it helps no one.

See I've done Zyban. It makes cigs taste gross and attaches to the nicotine receptors so you don't feel any withdrawls. It's strange.

But the mental part always gets me. There will be a time when I just want to relax and chain smoke and I give up. If you can get past that and make it a couple months, you won't even think of the cigs anymore.

I think Chantix has a higher success rate too but never tried it.

shadows and dust

No that's my own thought, nigga. I'm a phisolopher, faggot

Get on a small dose of Wellbutrin, take it for a couple weeks, quit smoking, quit wellbutrin. Done. Or vape like I do. Both my brother and I quit with vapes.