Anyone here Dumpster Dive?

Anyone here Dumpster Dive?

My father has been doing it 20+ years, and began teaching me 5 years ago.

Dad averages around 2,500 to 5,000 bucks a week. I average about 300 to 500 a week. All items being sold on Ebay.

I have never really seen anyone on the internet do the same type of diving we do, curious if we are the only ones doing it now. I know it was semi popular in the 90's.

If anyone else does this, what do you dive for?

>inb4 "eww OP thats stinky gross yuck nasty"
Its not dirty at all, you have to know what you are doing.

I loved watching videos on it and i did it a couple of times but never really found anything that often.

We did find a giant professional manager's desk in its box in the dumpsters of Office Depot and its worth like 200$

How do you dive, user?

I love going to Office store dumpsters. Employees throw anything away I swear.

I usually only dive at Business Parks. I live in an area that has alot of biomed places. Labs, manufacturers, research, etc. Most of the things I sell are medical of dental.

Here are a couple listings. These will sell by tomorrow for sure.

My sales last 2 months or so

Goddamn OP. Is this legal? Have you kept anything you've found?

Name some video games you found in there. I know retarded people always throw that stuff away

yeah sometimes I find things I like or can use. I keep that stuff. Most of it is legal. It gets illegal when selling actual surgical implants and needles and such. You need a medical license for those. I found a case of hypodermic needles last week, listed them, and got a warning from ebay.

I have been investigated privately by one of the dental companies, they saw I had no bad intentions, and now I have a connect with them. They give me items half the time, because they have to pay the trash service to get their dumpster emptied, and ill do it for free, so its a win win

>medical implants

Like what? Also what sort of things have you kept? Ever find drugs?

I dont frequent places like gamestop, but I have found some unpopular DS games, shitty used controllers, etc. But nothing really worth it

Not op but when I was throwing out the trash some lady came up to me and gave me a PS3 that belonged to her son

Good luck when you get stuck with a need and die from aids

Hip replacements, titanium screws, knee replacements, tooth fillig material, joints, you name it.

Oh yeah Ive found drugs. I found a case of Carbocaine and a small box of Novocaine. "spent" sleeping gas with a little left inside too.

i mostly keep cool promotional items form companies. I got a pretty cool hat and shirt from Boeing. I also kept some shirts from J!NX. Right now my main focus is a dumpster at a flashlight company. I scoped it out a couple days ago and found some spare parts, keeping those.

These are new items, sealed in boxes and sterile. Companies don't throw bio hazardous trash into public dumpsters lmao

Highest value item found?

X-Ray heads for dentists, the X-Ray Controllers. Both of those are around 8,000 to 12,000 bucks.

Ive found whole dentist chairs with their tool stations before too, but these weigh close to 800 pounds and are impossible to ship so I dont grab them. They are worth roughly 10,000 to 30,000 dollars though.

Oh wow that's pretty sweet action. How often do you find high dollar items?

I'm not calling you a liar, but I'm seriously doubting you occasionally find $10-30k dentist chairs.
With 2/3 guys, you could get that chair. List it on gaybay and sell it with delivery included.
You can drive from NY to SF, across the entire US for about $400 worth of gas. Why would you leave up to $30k in a fucking dumpster for the sake of $50 bucks to some dude to help you guys lift it out, and gas money??????

Every week I find something worth at least 200 dollars, combined with the other odds and ends from other places

Shipping will cost loads more than 50 dollars. My frequent buyers are from Mexico and Russia.I don't usually just abandon the thing. If it is a quiet night, with no security, I will go back and disassemble it to salvage the motors, which sell for 300 to 800

Also im fairly certain that buyers of implants from other countries are using them. Kinda makes me laugh when I think that some oldie in Russia is wearing a hip that came out of a dumpster lmao

How come you dad makes so much more than you? what does he sell
this full time or a hobby?

dude, this is nothing to be proud of. If I catch you going through my trash I'm going to crack your skull

Best time to dive ?

He has more time and is in a more prime location. He also has more connections than me. People who give him merchandise straight up. It is currently his full time source of income, along with some other "hustling" operations

Are you retarded ? Thrown out trash doesn't belong to you, stay poor nigger

The Cops never bust you? A lot of businesses don't like people going through the dumpsters because of criminals doing identity theft from harvesting records and credit card slips and such

Put up signs and Ill leave. Im not some criminal.

I usually go 1 hour after my target closes. Employees linger sometimes. Its also good to know the cleaning crew schedule. Dentist I go to cleans at 7, so I check at 730

Cops can only give me a tresspassing charge, if there are signs up. Only sings I come across are No Dumping signs. Im not dumping, im taking lol.

There was a Supreme Court ruling back in the 90's. Interesting to read about.

I would always dive the dumpsters they put out on moving days at the dorms in college. So much perfectly goos stuff.

Is this a competitive job ? I feel like if this get too popular , ppl might start fighting each other for the free goods

I'd like to start dupster diving. any tips or even a guide?

I don't want some bum going through my shit. stay out of my trashcan bitch

There are certain businesses that just clean buildings, I check these. Ive found good TV's, other appliances, like whole houses in a dumpster. Sometimes some pretty sad stuff too.

Ive only seen competition like 3 times before, Im nice, but I let them know who is in charge, they usually let me pick through before they do.

Why would you throw it out if it's yours and you still need it?

You are just jealous because it's free money to other ppl

Stay stupid and poor, bitch

research. Google earth, look for gates, the actually locations of the dumpsters, what the business does or makes.

Figure out a rout, grab a coffee, and drive

By "crack" a skull, do you mean hide in your mom's basement, Richard?

>sad stuff
Please share sad story

>in charge
That's where I don't get it, thrown out stuff doesn't belong to any diver, how do you balance that kind of authority ?

I wish could do that too, but I just care too much about how ppl think of me, I hate my pride

Found a whole guys military career in the trash.

I let them know ive been checking the place for years, nobody wants a confrontation. It also works to just drive up to them, take a photo of them, and say you are security. They usually leave.

i assume people go through my trash. thats why i always save mail in a bag and burn it when it gets full. I put lots of dogshit in my trashcan too (i have a large golden retriever)

here where i live in southern cali, the city easement goes 6 feet in past the street. I dont think you can do anything to anyone after youve left your trashcan out on the street for pickup.

you just gotta deal

I struggled with that for awhile man, but in the end, fuck em. Im making more than they are, and being happy while doing it.

Only bums go through residential trash, i only dive businesses.

once took a chicken saled out of the trash at a local supermarket and gave it to a stray cat

i gotta say, im jealus of OP. I hate my job. Im always impressed with enterpreneurs (sp?) ideas. its admireable

Registered business? Tax...?

yeah, im just replying to the guy who said hed crack a skull if he saw someone going through his trash... just didnt quote his post

Damn, too bad there arent any businesses here that throw away stuff for someone to grab

Hey OP, while we are on this topic, what kind of advice would you give to people who throw out their trash ?

I mean security wise, I don't mind ppl making a good use of the things I don't need, but I don't want my things related to my ID or bank details being seen, like I know ppl can take out a copier hard disk and copy everything it has ever scanned

Have you seen either of these men?

There's a huge community on YouTube where girls dumpster dive at places like Ulta to get free cosmetics, they all sell the shit too

Write your hdds and ssds full off useless data before you throw them away
There are programs that do that

Is there anything on this planet sadder than Americans who have all the opportunity in the world but instead make a living going through bins on the side of the street?

Nope, but I have a normie job too. Also donate things to goodwill when I can.

Shred or burn, or lock up your trash. I can definitely see another company stealing units out of bins like I do, in order to steal design concepts.

it's fun af

Please read the thread

respek, OP

>diving through medical waste for a living

sister and mom thought I was crazy for awhile, until I showed them that haha.

thanks man, if you find the time, it only takes like an hour or 2 once a week. Its really fun.

What the basic starter pack OP ?

I assume you need a big ass truck,flash light and gloves ?

If it makes a living , who cares ?

Found my couch next to a dumpster

It's comfy as shit and I have no ragrets

Normal people. I suggest ending your joke of an existence asap, OP. Farewell

Found a mattres once, brought it home only to find out there are bed bugs

Fug

trucks are a plus, but not needed. Right now im using an SUV. Gloves are a must. Yes strong flashlight, and if you are a little adventurous, it helps to have thick pants and boots, or overalls. They help not to get so dirty or scratched or anything if you find yourself jumping into a 30 yard bin.

Once or twice I've been too hungover to eat a mcds so binned at the time but raked for later.

Did not get paid for this dive OP

>Making fun of ppl who dive
>ask them to end their joke

Is this what poverty smells like ?

not me, but keep being mad bud.

i found the gloves and flashlight I use to dive, in a dumpster lmao

Doubles

Trebles

Me and my brother in law should go to this Fritos lays distribution place and get chips that were a few days or more expired

Trebs

What are some good places to start, im interested in doing it.

I'd love to try it as I don't do much at night and usually stay up until the sun rises. I already have a headlamp and gloves but I'm super paranoid the cops will find me.

I bet it took a crane to get it out of the dumpster

Of course medical and dental places. Software businesses, some industrial places. Look up businesses around you, and pick some places out that interest you.

Cops will not do anything to you. Look up the Supreme Court ruling. Worst you can get is a trespassing charge, and they will not seize your goods.

yes.

>(you)

I thought I had a mattress once, but when I grabbed it the shit was completely soaked full with water. Shit was nasty

I might go out tonight and see what's up. There's a big shopping center nearby. Would just bring a bag and park my car in the parking lot then walk to the back.

yeah you can either park or just pull around. If your walking, just grab what you want and maybe set it next to the bin an pick it up later.

How do you deal with security cameras ???

lol my friend threw out a couch because he had bed bugs and there were bed bugs in it and watched people take it and load it up into a pickup truck. hahaha

I try not to get my licensee plate i their view. Cameras are also not checked regularly.

Literally highschool level English

How many hours a week do you say you dumpster dive?

what's that Supreme Court case OP?

Sell them to mexicans or other immigrants on offer up. No joke.

4-8

State of California VS Greenwood

I threw away the cardboard boxes from our family restaurant last month. The cardboard dumpster reeked of weed. I jumped in and a found a 5 gallon bag full of decent $8 a gram weed.
Told my buddy to come thru in his car later that day.
He took off his plates(in case someone was watching) and took the bag of weed.
Funded a Vegas trip

Talesoftaylor does it. I thought the concept was awesome. He keeps all of his stuff though. Should check him out op

i don't dumpster dive, but i make rounds in my neighborhood the night before heavy trash pick up....i can't believe the stuff people throw away.

i also hit clothing donation drop boxes...anything left outside of drop box is fair game.

those together get me between $1000 and $1500/month

You may think I'm bullshitting, but there's a burn plant not far from where I grew up that Burns all the drugs and guns ext. That are confiscated from the border of Mexico to the Central Valley.
They're only 11 people that work there on the night shift. Being from a small town I knew four of them one of them was my best friend.
When I was in high school my buddy was working the night shift and when a whole Convoy of huge trucks all followed by blacked-out ATF and FBI carrying full auto guns came in and dumped a huge load. They stay there until the last of whatever it is that they're dumping is on the conveyor belt and into The incinerator door. Without saying anything they're gone within minutes.
What they didn't know was that once it's on the conveyor belt and inside the actual incinerator it has to go through a whole series of conveyor belts before it actually gets burnt and destroyed.
My buddy called me up soon as they left and with the help of all the guys there we were able to grab through small doors all up and down the incinerator that are meant for cleaning it, 116 kilos of cocaine.
How's that for dumpster diving?

lies. what a fucking load of horse cock 116 kilos my fucking ass. that's millions of dollars worth of coke.

>shit

Get on OPs level. Scouring through dumpsters for peanuts.

>howbodat.jpg.

food diving? able to reference last 5 food items/meals absconded from a refuse receptacle?

I wouldn't believe me either. But I shit you not its true. We did it a few times but it was always dirt weed from Mexico. That was the first and last time for it was coke

Hey guys OP here.

Im leaving this thread for now, its slow anyway.

Im going diving tomorrow night, maybe ill make a new thread tomorrow with my finds. Thinking about doing a YT channel in the next few weeks but ehh idk. See you guys later.