Does his suicide confirm that all their edgy lyrics were genuine...

Does his suicide confirm that all their edgy lyrics were genuine? and that all these songs were chesters true feelings or can the two be unrelated?

Basically every track in their first two albums can be seen as "that" cry for help song in a bands discography.

if i were the speculating type i would have to say yes

are you the speculating type?

If I were the speculating type I would have to say yes

Turns out... Chester was the realest nigga all along

dude chester got fucking molested

the truth will come out someday

Not even going to lie, i didnt give a shit about him dying. I read the news and didnt give a fuck, but as soon as i heard his voice today i strated crying. Ive been trying to hold back my stupid tears, but its impossible. RIP you stupid fuck

>chris cornell writes 3-4 songs about suicide every album for 20 years across 2 different bands and his solo stuff
>hangs himself
wow, who saw that coming?
>linkin park guy gets raped as a kid
>writes a fuckton of songs about death and shit
>his best friend commits suicide by hanging
>hangs himself
wow, who saw that coming?

ignoramus
its ok

linkin park made bad music and this guy was arguably the worst part of it(aside from maybe the disgusting, syrupy, instantly dated digital production that they always had).
such a whiny, needy, inherently histrionic voice. he sounded like an overgrown 13-year old. his lyrics were hilarious also.

He had a perfect voice for rock, clearly articulating the melody but full of noise just like the guitars and their distortion. You only hate it because you're supposed to hate it.

The only reason(s) people shit on Linkin Park's lyrics is because they weren't dressed up in pretense and flowery imagery/language and because dumbass middleschoolers thought the things the songs were about were the sane as the feeling when Lauren said no to going to the dance

In reality their lyrics are a very accurate and raw representation of what depression and mental illness is like.

>not thinking the bitch rapper was the worst part of any LP song

Chester sounded like a fucking boyband singer on their softer songs, especially when the song was filled with that electronic shit. But the guy could at least actually sing and had some god-tier screaming ability. I don't really care for LP but I can't deny Chester could deliver an anthemic chorus with the best of them.

Their bitch of a rapper however? Fucking ruined any possibility of me ever being able to get into LPs music. Any time he came onto a track I either laughed or cringed so hard I reached for the skip button instinctively.

You seem like you're trying too hard to sound cool.

>posting on Sup Forums
>being cool

pick one

Do things you wrote and said nearly 20 years ago still define you?

Yes of course they were genuine. Are you nu male jackasses really that wrapped up in memeing and listening to Linkin Park songs 'ironically' that you couldn't see that up until now? Is someone being ballsy and secure in themselves enough to be genuine about their bare bones feelings without trying to be poetic for no good reason and without trying to gussy it up and just being honest that foreign a concept to you?

Seriously, he's fucking dead now, if that's not enough to get it through to you insecure fucks that he just wasn't being """""""""edgy"""""""" I don't know what is.

>Goo goo ga ga
I relate to this very much, yes.

It really does come through retrospectively, it makes all of LPs dated tracks seem less dated now, this could very well trigger a nu metal revival

Same with me and Chris Cornell. Audioslave and Soundgarden were my jam back in the day and I haven't really listened to them for a good while but Black Hole Sun came on the radio the other day and I just started bawling my fucking eyes out.

The rapper was basically the one who formed the band initially. It used to be called Xero and it had a different screaming vocalist instead of Chester who was the frontman of a band called Grey Daze at the time.

Do we know precisely how he hang himself?
Because if he did it with the bathroom door knob, maybe it wasn't a suicide.

apparently he did it in a closet

If Lana Del Ray did die at age 27 (like she wished) would she be in the 27 club?

You have to actually have talent to join the 27 club.

She would burn in Hell for all eternity.

>Cobain and Morrison always talked about as being in the 27 club
>D. Boon isn't
You're wrong.

Yeah, right, fuck Linkin Park. I only listen to Death Grips and Neutral Milk Hotel. Also anime osts. Mainstream music sucks.

the first 2 albums are good faggot

People are so engulfed in calling everything "edgy" ever since like 2009 that they forgot these things can be genuine

underrated post

apparently he was diddled as a kid so yeah.

this desu, and I was one of those middle schoolers.

I didn't know he was sexually abused as kid and was that fucked up, I just related because my brother that was older than me would beat me up after I was an annoying little shit.

probably, i watched a video earlier and someone mentioned that chester said breaking the habit was his favorite song because it resonated with him.

I wouldnt say theyre good theyre just not offensive like the rest of LPs discog (THP excluded)

agreed, and that black guy was awful too. caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow

i love chester. He took everyones pain and his pain and made it his life.